Why would they remove something that's optional to begin with? There is a population of players who are not satisfied unless they can urinate all over everyone else's playing preferences -- and these players are hilariously over-represented on Serenes Forest -- but they have no significant purchasing power, so it makes no sense for Nintendo to cater to the wet blankets (since they will buy the game anyway).

Why would they remove something that's optional to begin with?

I guess it would be stupid. After all, if they try to bring more fans to the series, this is a good way to do so.

Also, removing it would change the release of date and I don't want that to happen.

It's each player's choice to try it or play the classic way.

No, hopefully they get them at the same time. Honestly, why does it take longer to get it in the US when there's also a freaking English translation coming out in Europe, too? All you have to really do is change some spelling here and there.

Been wondering that for years when the US seem to get just about every other game earlier than we do in the UK/Europe... :P

Actually most games i can think of, big releases anyway, seem to be simultaneous or near simultaneous now anyway.

I can't wait for this game...

Yet, I hope it's not the last 1st-party game ever to be released for the DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL once the 3DS is released, or else, I think it will be harder to find than FE:SD in FE:SD's day because of retailers focusing on the 3DS, meaning I would have to be quicker to the store to buy FE:MoftEDS than I was back when I bought FE:SD, because if I wait for the passing of a couple months, if the 3DS sells well, then the DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL could be discontinued, and retailers might start a quick "fire sale" of all DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL games to make room for new 3DS games, and I might be disappointed that I might never get FE:MoftEDS brand-new when its maker ceases production of new DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XLs'. It's good that it's currently not expected to come THAT late in the DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL's lifespan, but if they delay it by a significant amount of time, in terms of months, it could be too little, too late, and possibly either canceled or ported over to the 3DS, which I'm unsure about in terms of whether the technology 3D media uses won't make me sick... :(

...And FYI, I don't care whether they take out classic mode for the US. As long as the action is still good, I'll buy it when and if it gets to America...

Edited by shadowjam

No, hopefully they get them at the same time. Honestly, why does it take longer to get it in the US when there's also a freaking English translation coming out in Europe, too? All you have to really do is change some spelling here and there.

What bothers me slightly is that they make all this effort changing names, but never bother changing the American English to British English when the games are released in Europe o__o

The same applies for FE DS, even though it was released in Europe first (it's almost certain that the American localisation was done first, with the European version being based off it, but NOA just decided to hold back the release date).

It's good that it's currently not expected to come THAT late in the DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL's lifespan, but if they delay it by a significant amount of time, in terms of months, it could be too little, too late, and possibly either canceled or ported over to the 3DS, which I'm unsure about in terms of whether the technology 3D media uses won't make me sick...

I wouldn't worry too much about it being ported. FE8 was released in America several months after the DS was released (May 23, 2005 versus November 21, 2004), but was still on the GBA.

You can also set the 3DS to 2D mode if you don't think you can handle the 3D effect.

Edited by VincentASM

I imagine that if this game is released in the U.S. that it will be released around the same time Shadow Dragon was. Nintendo has so many games coming out this holiday season that I highly doubt they will release new mystery along with them, as was the case with shadow dragon.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it would be stupid. After all, if they try to bring more fans to the series, this is a good way to do so.

Upon which Super Smash Brothers did a good job of. lol

I did find it weird that the UK got Shadow Dragon before U.S.A did since usually the United States usually gets games before the UK. I guess that they wanted to give the UK's a turn first for a change.

Edited by Ayanami