Lord of Azure Flame: Suggestions

Inactive Account

@ Cynthia

A skill so bosses bypass the no counter rule for bows? Well that sounds like it'd work at first blush. We should start running test battles to see how skills and changes will actually work before getting them approved. As Math D student in this rp I refuse to do test battles personally, but I'm happy to make the notion :D

@ Lightning and Kai

As entertaining as rivalries are in this rp I'm gonna shoot both of you pretty soon -_-

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Rein: Shannan has 1 range and continue plus pursuit and Astra which can result in 20 hits

... Astra can't activate at range and Briggid has pursuit too...

^That might work. Chase boss battle gogogo!

Edited by Lightning

My reasoning wasnt to piss of Rein. My reasoning was to restrict bow users from gaining excess amount of EXP in a short time. Notice the only people that are level 2 by now joined during chapter 1

@ Rein: Chase vs................Shanann?

Edited by Kai

... Chase attacks bosses a lot. We should restrict Mages against bosses, they hit res. See how stupid that sounds? Also, you failed to piss me off miserably.

Not at all what I meant...

Edited by Lightning

@ Kai

False.

Eric leveled.

Dani would have been right behind him.

There are probably others too. Then there's Tessa(who's another story altogether), and Irina, who can just barely manage a kill per chapter.

As for everything else. Eh nice idea.

They did? :blink:

Arent they supposed to put their level ups in the sign up?

My reasoning was to restrict bow users from gaining excess amount of EXP in a short time. Notice the only people that are level 2 by now joined during chapter 1

But about this..........

@ Rein: Mages get countered and their defense sucks

Well duh. Iso has like 1 defense point. That's my fault, but I needed him to have decent offense and at least average speed so he wouldn't ever get doubled or what have you.

^^ That's your problem for not investing more in defense. And they hit res, OMG that's something no other class can do we should limit them from attacking bosses like bow people. oh and swordsman can use swords thy can't attack axe-wielding bosses.

... See the problem with that kind of logic? Plus, most of the bosses Chase attacked had javelins or something (Percy & Celeste was where he got 40 exp from, so yeah...)

Edited by Lightning

@ Lightning

Didn't I just say that?

Anyway, my point was that stats are tradeoffs. You're going to suck at something. Like how Irina is weak against magic attacks, and how Iso is weak against physical attacks.

EDIT:

@ Lightning

Yes the logic sucks, but that's not the logic I'm using here. I only agree with giving bosses the ability to counter anyone that attacks. This will never be applied elsewhere. They give out more exp so they have to be the exception to the rule.

Edited by Phoenix

No, it's not, but that shouldn't restrict archers because of the class they chose. They already have their limitations, like Mages have them too. If you're going to change one classes limits, the rest should be affected in the same way. It's like math... if you have 2=2, then subtract 1 from one side, you have to subtract 1 from the other side too.

@Phoenix: I agree with you, but that should work on people who attack w/ Javelins too was what I meant.

Edited by Lightning

@ Lightning

Well Irina has a javelin. So do Viv's NPC units. I don't see why it shouldn't work for people with hand axes and javelins too. Bosses should probably be able to counter any ranged attack that doesn't come from a bolting or ballista.

What's the downside to being an archer again? 1 Def/Res in return for not getting countered half the time is a beneficial tradeoff for them, allowing bosses to have counters evens things.

@ Kai

Weren't you there the day it was approved? You're usually around. Also see below.

@ Lightning

Most of us agreed on the nomad stats, I even suggested you take it if you remember. Nobody objected so that's not really an issue right now.(Cynthia made the offer, Snowy approved, I nudged, you accepted. That's pretty much the end of that.)

Edited by Phoenix

@ Lightning

Most of us agreed on the nomad stats, I even suggested you take it if you remember. Nobody objected so that's not really an issue right now.(Cynthia made the offer, Snowy approved, I nudged, you accepted. That's pretty much the end of that.)

Actually, at least a couple of us did object...

And I have a reason why they shouldn't change. Chase being stronger than most of the group would be weird. Not only is he the third youngest in the group, I've made it clear that he's small several times. Having archer caps would be very weird. In addition, his main strengths are his good eyesight and speed, so having his stats reflect that would make sense. Nomad caps make more sense for Chase than archers, and to be fair, his class is technically Hunter :D

>.>

<.<

Trade STR caps? Otherwise, he's stronger than Eric... I think.

Edited by Snike