Lord of Azure Flame: Suggestions

Inactive Account

I think he means the accuracy roll. And, uh, we already have Gamble.

Peggies are a physical class...

Vigilance is like a better daunt. I'd say no.

@Crits: True enough.

Yeah, so, I'll go compile my skills, with mods, in a few minutes.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cynthia Okay. That means 6-speed classes can't have it, which I'm fine with. Ditto on Blessing. (I thought had three..or is that peggies?)

@Snike That's what I put in Blessing for. I thought Peggies had a magic cap of 3.

Edited by psychout50

Janaff has Vigilance as passive. Ditto with Ulki and Insight.

Yeah Mercy would be kinda useless, but it seems kinda gimcky so....Charlotte looks like she might have it.

Mercy prevents you from killing on player phase. You can kill on enemy counter attack.

Edited by psychout50

Full Tilt: Activates twice per battle, has to be called before the attack. Multiplies evasion gained from speed by 1.5, but reduces Defense and Resistance to 0 for that turn. Again, Phoenix's idea, not mine, though I tweaked this one. Classes banned from this skill: Myrms, Thieves, Nomads, possibly all 5 SPD classes. Not sure yet.

Daunt: Reduces foes' skill and evasion by one each. Classes banned from this: Thieves, Myrms, Nomads, Clerics, Troubadors,possibly 5 SPDs.

Resolve: Passive skill. Multiplies unit's strength OR magic power, speed, and skill, by 1.5 rounded down, when unit is 33% health or lower. This speed only adds .5 evade, though. Classes banned from this so far:Knights, Fighters, Brigands, Thunder Mages, Wyvern Knights, and Shamans.

Cancel: Activation: Roll a 2 on your skill roll. Prevents a counter attack if the attack with the skill activated hits. Need help on this one.

Edited by Snike

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can, there's no hostile intent behind it but

"I don't really give a shit what FE does." XD

A system that works with FE doesn't necessarily work with the RP, and I'm completely against the idea of integrating something just because it's in FE.

If it's passive then SPd 4 characters can't have it either, as it put them on equal with the 6 Spd classes. Spd 5 characters can't have it since it makes them better then Spd 6 characters. Which means.... Yay for Armor Knights XD

I really can't comment too strongly on the skills until I see a list of current skills, Overall I don't care much for skills, I'll pick one out of the completed list. Until then I'll leave discussion here to the higher ups.

Luck boosted to 1 evade per point. So now Chase has 10 evade. Even I can tell that's broken to the point of silliness.

Alternative idea?

Hit= Skill + 2/3 luck + Hit die

Eva= 4/3 speed +2/3 luck

If you have Hawkeye:

Hit= 4/3 x (Skill + luck) + hit die

Eva= Speed + 1/2 luck

6 speed. Chase has nomad caps. He'd have 10 avo if we did 6+4 (speed plus luck).

^It was Snowy's idea. Don't go accusing me of it.

Edited by Lightning

Okay, first of all no :/ He does not have nomad caps unless he somehow class changes to a nomad class. Otherwise I'm ditching thief caps and taking Myrmidon caps <_<

And everyone else can do whatever they want with caps, rendering the entire system obsolete, if there's a valid reason as to why Chase needs Nomad caps I'd like to hear it.

Archer caps not fitting his character design at all was the main reason. Reason 2 was I pointed out that assigning class caps now was bad because people might have chosen different classes had they known what the caps were (I would've went nomad in the first place if I'd known the speed cap for archer when I signed him up).

Edited by Lightning

LOL. I just realized Rogues are basically crappier Myrms. Except they have steal. So, yeah.

Uh, I still find it hard to believe Chase is as fast as a myrm...

He doesnt have ten evade

He has 8 :P

EDIT: Chase should get 5 speed at max. Only reason he wants that 6 speed is so that he can double Helios <_< . Are you okay with that now, Nady?

Edited by Kai

What? Just because someone has a bow that makes them slower, but going on a horse magically makes them faster? If there was a hack where everyone had custom caps and Eusain Bolt was put in it as a Sniper, are you saying he wouldn't have a 30 speed cap?

^Lolwut.

Edited by Lightning

This has been a Kai moment.

Anyways, anyone wanna bitch about the skills, I put up there/the class restrictions?

Edit: @ Rein: Umm, yeah, we sort of had a chat war over horse speed yesterday. And the answer is 'yes'. Except for myrms.

Edited by Snike

No kidding, but saying "he uses bows, eh's slow" is bullshit. Especially because we look at nomad caps, and nobody sees a problem with Kelas being as fast as a myrmidon.

^ Snowy was just suggesting evade= speed+ luck a minute ago, genius...

Edited by Lightning

If you don't like it then that's just tough, Technically at sign up, his caps were 4, archers caps at 4, so nothing has changed.

@Snike, I don't think Thieves get the "Steal" skill by default (If it does, well I'd like to know about it now). So it has extra skill open to it. And that's about it.

@Administration of LoAF

If you're allowing Chase to use different stat caps for that reason, I'm going to cite the same reason and request I be allowed to use Myrm caps. And I'm not joking :/ Snowy's SPD caps aside, class cap changing merely because you don't like your own cap is stupid and undermining the whole point of caps.

@Rein's Nomad comment

It's called a horse.

Edited by Kanami

Having a horse has nothing to do with being able to attack people faster. Could Chase suddenly shoot arrows faster because he's on a horse? No.

Edited by Lightning