more slayer weapons

whase

@Dondon- Sure, weapon diversity is cool. Weapon inequality is not. Axers get a weapon that others have absolutely no answer too. Shouldn't the other weapon classes have a weapon that the other two don't too, even if they're not quite as good? If not, then why bother using guys who can't ever use Axes? For fun? I could use that answer for your question too.

@Narga- Fair enough.

weapon triangle. Different wts, different mts, different hits. There would still be differences, it's just that one weapon type wouldn't have an unbalanced advantage against another (swordslayers). But then, i.s. made fe4 and 18 wt axes (and tons of magic swords), so nevermind about getting a fair balance in the weapons.

This really depends on the game that you're talking about. If you use FE10 as an example, the differing WT is trivial while the MT variance only serves to make axes clearly superior to swords (and no WTA/WTD, lol).

Also, if intend to differentiate weapon types at all by creating type-exclusive weapons, then you are inherently making them inbalanced. The only truly balanced things are equivalent sets. For example, in FEDS lances are superior to axes due to access to Wing Spear and Ridersbane, which is more useful than axes having Hammer and a late Poleax. Regardless, I would encourage this sort of imbalance because, as I've said earlier, what is the point of having 3 weapon sets if they're almost all exactly identical?

Edited by dondon151

I agree with dondon. In many ways, the disgustingly imbalanced nature of FE is what makes it interesting and enjoyable. If every character was the same, it would be boring. And giving different classes different weapon access makes them feel different and unique.

However, I would like to point out that different =/= unequal. For example, I can't decide what the strongest weapon type in FE6 is. Swords have good accuracy (10-15 hit over Lances), Wyrmslayers, Blades, and early Killing Edge, Armourslayer and Durandal (the best S Rank weapon), WTA against enemies in the Isles, but WTD against many common enemies in Ostia/Etruria/Ilia/Bern. Lances have medium stats, Horseslayers and 1-2 range that is not horribly inaccurate. Axes have the best strength, as well as early Halberd and Killer Axe access and 1-2 range and a decent Divine weapon.

Edited by Slowking

walkers ring

weapon type: dancing ring

effective against: foot units

weapon level: none

description: the effectivity makes units not only refresh, but also makes movement go +2 temporarely

MT: none

range: 1

WT: 1