Free shall start a spriting topic

Freohr Datia

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great except for the face

To add to April's comment, you're using FE7 skin colors with what looks to be black, or the FE8 outline. Not good :<

Also, you missed the outline on the bangs on the left (OPV)

Okie dokie I'll change around the face tone to FE8's cause FE7 outline didn't match well.

OPV? Clarify please. =3 Our left or hers?

newsprite.png

There.

Ah, so it is. XD Okay I'll fix these (although I've been moving up and down my stairs for quite a bit cause I'm having coffee and my dad doesn't trust us having it anywhere in the house besides the kitchen yet. =D So idk how quickly I'll be getting this done)

EDIT: Oh I see, that area on Ninian originally had hair behind it so they didn't have that area outlined and I never placed one there. Haha

Edited by Freohr Datia

Good?

newsprite_1.png

EDIT: Oh yeah. And the reason why the larger version is hard to do is cause the armor I think looks most like the one in the FE-8 version is really dark and converting it to that really light color is really hard. I do not wanna replace it so I think in the other version I just might make the armor darker in color instead. Much easier on me. XD

Edited by Freohr Datia

Christmas themed sprite!!! =D I wanna do a male x-mas themed sprite now, but anyway... I really like how this turned out. =] Thoughts?

Christmasthemedsprite_3.png

Would Astra let you submit it to the comp?

Very nice by the way :)

I think there's too much Leanne in it, and, even though I don't do these silly FE10 splices, it can't be that hard to change around her clothing, yeah?

FE9/10 is harder than DS.

I've done DS.

It's painful.

FE9/10 is harder than DS.

I've done DS.

It's painful.

Eh.

If Free's gonna do these sprites, then she might as well put some more effort into them. I mean, hell, right now it's just a recolor with a head thing and no wings .__.

Just a suggestion. If she doesn't want to put more effort into this, so be it :/

A classic Canadian word :newyears:

Oh, how I hate stereotypes about my Country then go and use them sarcastically.

What Ive found from FEDS, and I don't know about FE9/10 here, that colors are extremely annoying, and angles are irritating too. It's not impossible, but not easy. Tedious is a good word for it.

But I understand your viewpoint. Not to add I don't know her clothes due to lack of RD.

Would Astra let you submit it to the comp?

Very nice by the way :)

EDIT: Oh, and it's more fair keeping them all same types

I think there's too much Leanne in it, and, even though I don't do these silly FE10 splices, it can't be that hard to change around her clothing, yeah?

Eh.

If Free's gonna do these sprites, then she might as well put some more effort into them. I mean, hell, right now it's just a recolor with a head thing and no wings .__.

Just a suggestion. If she doesn't want to put more effort into this, so be it :/

And a necklace =3

Well, if Free's managed to recolor the hair and clothing, it shouldn't be too tough. All it would need would be a clothing/body swap/edit, and, bam.

A little bit more than that, but pretty much! =D

The thing is that those huuuuuuge sleeves.... well it's hard to add much when they take up all the space and when trying to replace the sleeves, that leaves trying to blend somebody else's arms into hers and making up for the body that's supposed to show behind it. As for the hair, if somebody had hair similar to hers it would make this easier, because of how long the parts coming over her front are so long and wavy, and nobody else has hair similar to that texture. As for the bangs, the easiest way to replace that is probably Lucia's otherwise I have to fill in spaces for the skin (which is not so easy at all) and keep it looking natural. With her, I could maybe try more, but that little bitty necklace was the biggest change I could think of in short time

Edited by Freohr Datia

'Cause you can't custom anything, no no :/

Yup ;D

Outfit: Thought was too purty to screw around with

Everywhere else: I was so excited to put this out there cause I liked it.

Well for now it'll stay the same but I can always edit it for you. I can probably come up with something.

Depends on how good you are and what you're doing to the clothing. Personally I find extending things or shortening them to be pretty easy. A full custom job takes a mountain of experience even I don't have yet :(

I like it personally, I think the most important thing is that it looks good, not how "custom" it is. It looks different enough from Leanne for my tastes anyway.

Datia already knows how I feel about this sprite :3

I have a feeling that I may have been too zealot about Free and "customing".

Honestly, I would be happy with some simple clothing splice/custom, because, as it stand, and no matter how good everyone thinks it looks, it's still 90% Leanne. Most FE10 splices I see have at least 3 people, or some kind of clothing edit.

The colors are nice, I'll admit.

Okay, you know that thingy Ninian wraps around herself and dances with? I'm seeing if I can get another version of that. But it's requiring a fusion of capes and they make it look too think so I'm just going to go with a bit more transparency with it so it looks more lightweight like it should be. Idk if I can think of anything else to add onto it, but it will at least change it to 80% Leanne. XD

If my dad didn't make us go on the computer every other day (I wanna laaaaaaaptooooooooooop) I'd have this done by tomorrow, but since he does, I may have this done in two days.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Christmas themed sprite!!! =D I wanna do a male x-mas themed sprite now, but anyway... I really like how this turned out. =] Thoughts?

Christmasthemedsprite_3.png

Just wanted to say that I like the colors. ^^ They're really nice.

To add on, though, I think it would be nice if she had a different hairstyle or clothes. =o Though I'm not sure what kind.

EDIT: ^ Oh... well.... changed the clothes a bit =D

Well..... I'm not entirely certain which I prefer, now, but how about I can just show both.

Opaque

Christmasthemedsprite_4.png

Transparent

Christmasthemedsprite_6.png

EDIT: Oops, forgot something I had to edit...

EDIT EDIT: Got it

EDIT EDIT EDIT: *thinks she forgot something else* :mellow: I need to pull myself together =D

Edited by Freohr Datia

The cloak looks pasted on, mostly because it doesn't look "wrapped" around her whole bode, but is cutting straight into her hair.

I am not quite sure what you were trying to do with the clock, tbh.

Oh should it be going around the hair too? Crap...

The clock?