Free shall start a spriting topic

Freohr Datia

Aaawwwwwwwwww

EDIT: If I move the lower part should I also move the... um... idk, neckpiece? (guess you could call it that)

Borders on the tan scarf? thing seem a little off, but other than that very nice :)

Well yes I could fix that I noticed that too, but the edits are going to be a bit more major than that...

...I'm actually getting rid of the scarf.... =o

Edited by Freohr Datia

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. So how does this look?

Eithne_8.png

EDIT: My brother brought home a macbook that had photoshop on it and I fell in love.

Pick your poison. Hope the change is obvious to spot without me explaining though saying this takes even longer than it would to explain so this is rather pointless.

Eithne8.png

Eithne_9.png

^This one looks kinda weird around the borders of the string thingy but I think I'll just try fix that only if people like that color the best

Eithne_10.png

Edited by Freohr Datia

Much better look at the center now ... though I guess for everything to match you'll have to do something about the bottom trimming(at her waist) and the collar. Still it's looking much better overall.

@ Micaiah based sprite

Only differences I notice are the color of that string thing on her wrist.

Much better look at the center now ... though I guess for everything to match you'll have to do something about the bottom trimming(at her waist) and the collar. Still it's looking much better overall.

@ Micaiah based sprite

Only differences I notice are the color of that string thing on her wrist.

Oh yeah forgot the collar.

Photobucket's blurring smooths things out much better. Look at that silver-grayish trim around her collar! It looks so much less (haha oxymoron?) blocky.

And yeah besides smoothing things out the color of the stringy stuff is all I changed.

I usually don't like making hair look unnatural-ish (in this case, the way the hair kinda just ends in spikes), but I kinda like how this turned out.

newsprite-1.png

Thoughts?

And with the pic of the Mia base, I think I've gotten the trimming figured out, now just have to try fix the collar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.... Been working on FE 6-8 sprites a lot more recently...

Well this was another idea of mine.

sprite2_1.png

Oh and also this with small edit(s)

sprite32_2.png

Edited by Freohr Datia

Your splices have a 'Free made this' vibe, imo. I don't like FE7 colors but personal preference. Most of your splices are pretty clean, but the Sprite Comp. one seems to have a small bump on his neck.

Your splices have a 'Free made this' vibe, imo. I don't like FE7 colors but personal preference. Most of your splices are pretty clean, but the Sprite Comp. one seems to have a small bump on his neck.

I think that bump is his adam's apple. Not that it looks like it's in the right place in relation to his head, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

I think that bump is his adam's apple. Not that it looks like it's in the right place in relation to his head, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

I'm pretty sure Adam's Apples aren't in the back of the neck.

Whoops that was due to the hair I think. I'll see what I can do. Too late to edit it for the competition though but I can still fix it for this =D

EDIT: I'm just going to shove it one pixel over and if it doesn't look good, then I'll move it another. =D

sprite2_2.png

Uhhh, does this look good?

sprite32_3.png

Edited by Freohr Datia

It looks really, really random. Like, "I totally slept with gel in my hair last night and now I can't get this cowlick to lay flat again" random. It might work if you shaded it a bit differently, but that's a bit of a "might."