Free shall start a spriting topic

Freohr Datia

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think by flat he means straight down. See how the rest of his clothes and his body are at an angle but his shirt just goes straight? The shirt should also be slanted.

Oh yeah! lol =)

• 4 weeks later...

Round 34 looks like his neck is too skinny and too long. Try moving the head forward and down and widening the inner collar.

I can see long, but I think it probably only looks skinny because of the strand of hair that's coming in front of it. I think I can make some of the collar seem to appear on the other side of the strand though and it'll make it actually look like it's doing that.

Missing part of teh outline:

11111111111111111111111xo.png

It was actually like that to begin with =[ I was wondering if I should fix it so I guess I will. It probably isn't so noticeable with Sonia because of the hair color.

Edited by Agnaktor

Oh lol that's fine Lumi =D

I hope that what I did with the collar helped. Hopefully the neck doesn't look too long anymore because recently I just haven't been in the sprity mood (which is leaving me uninspired to do much for the summer comp ;-;) so idk if I would be too lazy or not to move all the hair along with the head since I'd also have to make teeny tiny changes along with it. D= In which case I also just remembered that I tried to make sure Hector's chin got at the same level that Valter's was at. (since I left Valter's neck the same so I just moved his chin to the point that was erased)

sprite34_2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Started up another sprite. Took me a while to come up with something =/ But (thank you Night xD) now I've got a new program because of how stupid the Windows 7 Paint is and this new program is more simple like an older Paint. While it doesn't do that replace color thingy the way Paint does, it still helps when I just wanna mess around with adding pixels or reshaping/reshading and whatnot... Then after I do that I use the color replace on this Paint since it can at least do that.

But yeah, here's the new sprite.

sprite3_1.png

I think she kinda looks like an Avril... I usually can never come up with names for my sprites...

EDIT: I just realized the only reason blue was in that string with Fiora was only cause her hair was blue too. Now green with black doesn't look right so maybe I'll have to change that too...

Ugh. I also realized that on the bottom right it looks like I made that scarf thing stretch too far =_=

Okay then is this good? =I

sprite3_2.png

Edited by Agnaktor

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sprite comp. 40 entry

rp0na4pz61dqs4g9f90t.png

I wanna fix the bangs and I kept trying to mess around with their shape but I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted them to. Also I'm afraid of messing around too much with them because idk how much that counts as customing.

As for the trim, should I change it to red? It doesn't seem to look that good as white...

Idk if that's all about the outfit that doesn't look right because that outfit is just =_=

And of course if there's anything about it that looks wrong, then feel free~

edit

Edited by Freohr Datia

Ah, that part I made red because it was hard for me to put the white in there against the black. It looked all blocky to me.

But I think I made it look a bit more fitting before I changed it to red so I could change it back to that.

Although I'm actually thinking of ditching the whole idea and change the outfit itself. I was basing this sprite off of a picture (although of course I couldn't make them look exactly alike). I was also trying to avoid putting Artur's cloak on her since I was thinking "that's what everybody else would do" but I may try to include a cloak, but just try to keep it a bit different... somehow.

But yeah I'm liking the idea of just changing the outfit.

*quickly goes to work before the deadline/competition closes*

Also awwwww D= I <3 using gifs

EDIT: WAIT TODAY'S ONLY THE 9TH???

Earlier around midnight I looked and thought that today would be the 10th but apparently I didn't know it was already the next day =D

Edited by Freohr Datia