Weapons no longer have Weight?

While browsing around some Japanese forums, I noticed somebody mentioning how weapons no longer have weight. I didn't really buy it, but after doing some quick research, I think it could actually be true.

011.jpg

The online shop has the Armorslayer's stats as:

Sword C, Might 7, Hit 80, Critical 0, Range 1

s001.PNG

Also, assuming FE DS's calculations still hold, Merric can only have 13 Avoid if he isn't weighed down by his weapon. 10 (Speed) + 3 (Luck/2) = 13. His Strength is 0, so his Fire tome must have 0 weight.

Ryan's stats seem to support the FE DS avoid formula (notice he's unequipped, so his weapon won't weigh him down).

I guess it could be a debug thing, or maybe a perk of Casual/Normal mode?

EDIT

Actually, disregard this. I didn't realise Merric is received a 10% Avoid boost, which means he has to be weighed down to have 13 Avoid.

EDIT2

Okay, I can't make up my mind. I just checked FE DS and terrain bonuses don't alter the character's stat sheet. That and Forests boost avoid by 10, which would completely mess up the avoid formula.

Edited by VincentASM

I was going to say that maybe he has a support bonus, but his HIT is as would be expected with a 100 HIT weapon like a Fire tome. I don't see a place for CON, maybe the formula for mages goes off their MAG stat?

If they just stripped out WT entirely, that would be disappointing. The WT system is flawed, but this wouldn't really be an ideal fix. I'll hope it's just a Casual mode thing.

That would be a weird change of events indeed.

As a note though, as I'm currently playing FEDS, and it does not change the avoid displayed in the top screen, be it for support boosts OR terrain. I have Bord within 3 range of Barst and Ogma, and I have him on forest terrain. Yet, it still shows that he has 14 avoid (12 Speed, 4 Luck), when he should have 44 avoid from all that combined.

Maybe they just reduced the weight of the tomes. Since most of the best tomes slowed down magic users(especially bishops), I could imagine them being reduced by 1 so Fire itself might be 0 weight.

It would make some sense because Mages in SD currently are the only units you get who are slowed down by their lightest available weapon at their base stats.

Edited by arvilino