Ether's Mini Mafia Game Thread

Ether

Welcome to Ether's Mini Mafia.

General Rules apply,Night is night,day is day.Mafia wins when they = town.

Obviously,you may roleclaim,PM's are fine so long as I am invited,AIM/MSN is fine so long as I get a chatlog.

No talking when you are dead,except to other dead people,or to myself.

You get one post after death to say bye or whatever you wanna do,just no revealing game info.

Day Phases will last up to 72 hours,due to the lengthy discussion that is likely to occur,however,if a majority is reached beforehand,a day may end early.Night phases will last for 24 hours.You may continue to speak during the nighttime.

If you have any questions not addressed,just ask me.

Roles in game:

Cop - Dear ___,You are a cop.You may investigate one person each night,and it will be revealed to you whether they are innocent or guilty.You win if the town wins.

All types of cop will recieve the above PM,however,there are multiple types of cops in this game.(Table courtesy of I Eat Tables,lol)

|------------|----------------|-----------------|
|Type of Cop | Result on Town | Result on Mafia |
|    Naive   |    Innocent    |    Innocent     |
|     Cop    |    Innocent    |     Guilty      |
|   Insane   |     Guilty     |    Innocent     |
|  Paranoid  |     Guilty     |     Guilty      |

There are to be 2 of each type of cop.Also,which type of cop you are will not be revealed upon death.Also,you may not investigate yourself.

Yakuza - Dear ___,You are a Yakuza.As a member of the mafia,you may choose,together with your partner,someone to kill each night.As well,you may choose to sacrifice yourself in order to convert a player of your choice into a generic Mafioso during the night.You win with the mafia.

The following people will be participating in this game.

Raymond - Executed Day 3(Mafia Goon)

General Spoon(Subbed with Snike)

Lightning - Suicided Night 1(Yakuza)

I Eat Tables - Knifed Night 4(Cop)

Snike - Impaled Night 3(Cop)

Balcerzak - Death by Cigar Night 2(Cop)

Ulki - Uzi'd Night 1(Cop)

Sync the Tempest

Fayt Zelpher

Life - Suicided Night 3(Yakuza)

This shall be a night start,and role PM's will be sent shortly.Have fun,my friends.

Edited by Ether

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And roles have been distributed.

Also,a cop's results will be obtained with the following message:

As per your Investigation,[insert User Here] has been found to be [innocent/Guilty]

In any case, this is a game where we probably need to lynch each day.

After all, assuming that both yaks yak, we have:

5 cops, 2 vanilla on day 1

4 cops, 2 vanilla on night 1

3 cops, 2 vanilla on day 2

game over with two mislynches

If we NL day 1, we have

4 cops, 2 vanilla on day 2

3 cops, 2 vanilla on night 2

and we lose day 3 on 1 mislynch.

In other words, we need to kill someone every day to get 2 chances for a mislynch instead of 1.

In any case, I'm a cop. Which is COMPLETELY meaningless to say since:

A - I'd say that no matter what.

B - I might not be in the morning.

In any case, I'm investigating Spoon tonight.

Furthermore, each of us cops needs to investigate someone different. Therefore, should the yaks go off, we'll have some insight into each of our sanities, and it limits the ability of the yakked cops to falsify their claims by forcing them to a particular person before the potential to yak.

So, as I said, I'm going to investigate General Spoon.

Fayt, you're wrong. We should no lynch day 1 and day 2. Assuming both Yaks go off during Night 1, then 5 people will die in that period, leaving 3 cops and 2 mafia, but more importantly more reports. Then again, we should wait to see what the Yaks do. Then again, if we lynch D1 and don't get a mafia, then on D2 we have 3 cops and 2 mafia on D2, but also significantly fewer reports.

If we all investigate someone different we'll learn hardly anything at all. For us to actually get some reliable information, we need to concentrate our investigations on one dude and then lynch that dude afterwards (and we need to tell each other who we investigated). Yes, the yakuzas can screw with that, but it still helps us to learn our sanities - after all, if we lynch a regular mafioso, we at least know that that dude was a guaranteed innocent on night 1. There will be two liars, obviously, but at least it narrows down who we need to deal with.

On that note, I'll investigate Spoon tonight as well.

I disagree. That also gives the yakked cops more time to falsify reports and coordinate their lies.

If we lynch tomorrow, we get a lot more information about each report, which is better than just having more reposts.

If the yaks don't go off, then we should probably hold off and do a double no lynch.

I'm saying this because we want to kill people to find out their roles so our previous reports reveal our sanities...

As for spreading out our investigations, that's only a strategy for tonight. We want to concentrate our reports the next night.

The logic is that everyone is innocent except for the two yaks tonight. And they'll both die as well more than likely.

That way, by spreading out our investigations, we can narrow our sanity down to two of the four. Either sane/naive or insane/paranoid

Well, I suppose if we get a mafioso, then... Oh, this is confusing.

Still, everyone needs to state their investigation target, and don't investigate someone who's investigating you, since that opens the door for both people to get yakked and fake each other's investigation results and all that.

Concentrated investigations are meaningless until the noted player dies, which means forcing our lynch or hoping the mafia kills that person - which, by the way, they won't, because they know the town benefits. We want to really get as much information as possible, which means not lynching on days 1 or 2 unless we're fairly sure they're a mafioso.

As for spreading out our investigations, that's only a strategy for tonight. We want to concentrate our reports the next night.

The logic is that everyone is innocent except for the two yaks tonight. And they'll both die as well more than likely.

That way, by spreading out our investigations, we can narrow our sanity down to two of the four. Either sane/naive or insane/paranoid

Oh, you're right... That makes sense. It's just that like this, we've got a problem if the yaks decide to be lazy and not yak anyone.

I also want to note that investigating the same person twice could be a good idea if the yaks don't go off at night 1, and instead at some later point. If you get a guilty on that person on night 1 and then suddenly get an innocent the next time, you know that you're an insane cop. Vice verca for the sane cops. Obviously this does nothing for the naive and paranoid cops, but hey, it's better than nothing.

I'll stick with Spoon anyway.

Actually, I'm confusing myself. Investigating the same person twice would be a good idea regardless of when the yaks go off, unless they decide to take forever to go off. Just investigate the same person you investigated at night 1 if that person is still alive when the yakuzas go off.

I think it's safe to assume both Yaks won't go off N1, actually, but yes, investigating the same person N1 and then later isn't such a bad move - provided you're reasonably confident that person might have been Yakked.

Well, it's night phase. What do you expect?

I expect that people actually come forward on who they're investigating so as to cripple the ability of the yakked cops to claim lies and to help filter out some information.

I mean, I explained exactly what I want everyone to do above.

Sorry, back from work. Had to do a shift from 2-8 and ended up staying until 10 since I fucked up cash on my till (12 bucks short).

Huh? Claiming already? Fine by me. I claim Yak!... Not actually. I'll check out Tables tonight, though.

Also, we should probably NL both Day 1 & 2 in order to have as much info for Day 3 in order to win, even assuming that the Yaks both yak on N1. See, our roles are basically useless after a single night of investigations. But if we have 3 days worth of info, then our chances of nailing the sons of bitches actually becomes a lot higher. Also, everyone should publicize their findings. If someone refuses to, I vote for an auto lynching.

As the night passed,many discussions were held.Soon enough,however,the people who had gathered dispersed.

However,not all of them made it home,right infront of his doorstep, Ulki the Cop was found with several Uzi clips inside of him.Apparently,the sight of his remains was so gruesome they needed to temporarily let out a serial killer to mop him up,since no one else would...luckily,they shot him before he managed to escape.

Nearby,when the investigators were leaving the scene of Ulki's death,they saw yet another dead body!

It seems Lightning the Yakuza committed Suicide!

Looks like it is time to hang someone...Day 1 Start!