Favourite Final Fantasy

Narga_Rocks

You have to do the entire battle over again, in the case of bosses, don't you? All because your two retarded buddies don't think to use a Phoenix down.

Are you purposely not listening? Up to Chapter 11, the battles are piss easy if you know how to be smart. And then shit like the Sentinel role exists (hi there Steelguard, I'll just take 12 damage instead of 75 from a hit!) which trivializes the defense game. It's probably harder to get your party leader to die first before your allies do if you understand the game.

Swell. I'd play it, but I don't have a PS3.

Neither do I. Your point?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you purposely not listening? Up to Chapter 11, the battles are piss easy if you know how to be smart. And then shit like the Sentinel role exists (hi there Steelguard, I'll just take 12 damage instead of 75 from a hit!) which trivializes the defense game. It's probably harder to get your party leader to die first before your allies do if you understand the game.

You're dodging the point. Game over if your leader dies is a terrible game mechanic, that is a fact.

Neither do I. Your point?

So you wouldn't go "why don't you play it yourself"

You're dodging the point. Game over if your leader dies is a terrible game mechanic, that is a fact.

Does that extend to other games too?

Does that extend to other games too?

Yeah. The one single notable issue that I have for both Persona 3 and 4, for example, is that when the main character kicks the bucket, it's Game Over. It's a persistent, annoying feature in some games, and it needs to fucking die already.

Absolutely, it's even worse in ones where your leader is in more danger.

You must really hate every Fire Emblem game, in that case.

Damn, you beat me to it :(

FFXIII should implement a super casual mode where the main character never dies

I can have the lord character in a Fire Emblem game avoid battle. When in battle in these games that Esau mentioned or FF13, there's nothing that can be done to have the main character avoid battle when in it. All that can be done is everyone focuses on healing the main character and pray they don't have some sort of instant death spell/they all just go straight for the main character.

In Fire Emblem, I just have the lord character fall back. Problem solved.

We now know the main difference between these two games' main character thing. It's not quite the same.

That said, if I could have Marth "die" in battle, and never have to babysit him again, it would be better.

Just keeping Marth out of battle is far easier, since "not being near enemies" is impossible in a Final Fantasy fight unless you're avoiding encounters alltogether, which just makes it even more troublesome when you get to a boss fight. On the other hand, that aspect is actually pretty easy in an FE game.

Yeah, I know keeping the lord alive isn't a big hassle. Entirely different kind of game from FF, etc. Just sayin it'd be great if you weren't forced to babysit in FE.