new FE's poll

whase

25 members have voted

1. 1. how would you like more sequels?

• awesome! I like to see old characters return!
    • great if it means there will be more FE.
    • meh, okay I guess, don't think I'd play it though...
    • hate it! FE should be about new characters!

I heard IS started to make the remakes because they are out of ideas for new FE characters. who here would be against them making sequels like RD instead of making totally new games? they could make a sequel of for example FE8, FE6 or even another one for FE10. of course there would be new maps and storyline (and maybe new skills or items?). this way there could come way more FE.

Edited by whase

I wouldn't be against another Magvel game personally, especially if the iron out the imbalance and lack of content FE8 had.

Other than that, yeah, it really is time for a completely new game.

Edited by Ike-Mike

New game, sequel, remake... I don't mind any so long as we're not talking remakes of FE7-10 for the time being, keep the option of several higher difficulties and keep "Casual Mode" as an option and not the standard of the game.

Edited by Sirius

I heard IS started to make the remakes because they are out of ideas for new FE characters. who here would be against them making sequels like RD instead of making totally new games? they could make a sequel of for example FE8, FE6 or even another one for FE10. of course there would be new maps and storyline (and maybe new skills or items?). this way there could come way more FE.

I think people may have misinterpreted what they were trying to say, or are reading too much into their words.

Narihiro

Still I should have told you sooner about the upcoming changes. Now Fire Emblem is in its 11th installment, and the character roster expands every time. Just among allies, an additional 50 or so characters keeps getting added. Also even among opposing forces, there’re now a lot of characters whose presence penetrates the game. Overall a huge number of characters have appeared up to this point in the series.

Sakurai

At least 500 just among allies, simply giving all of them names has become a real task, right?

Narihiro

So we’re trying to make best use of the characters we’ve had up to now and from these we’re hoping to be able to produce a new game.

I'm pretty sure they were just joking about it being difficult to name characters. In any case, they never said they were running out of ideas.

Well, I'm assuming people are referring to this interview, since IS doesn't do many that get translated in English.

Edited by VincentASM

After all, they already did the same-name thing on purpose with Linda/Rinda way back.

I don't get the notion of running out of ideas that they resorted to remakes anyhow. They have been in this remake business since their third title in the series, so it is nothing new. After all, the much beloved FE4 (never me) came after that first remake, didn't it?

Integrity says if it's more FE, and it's good, I don't care whether it's a sequel or a remake.

I wouldn't be against another Tellius game personally, especially if the iron out the imbalance and lack of content FE8 had.

Tellius = Magvel or FE8 = FE10?

Uh, they did?

Axes aren't useless anymore and staff users actually get EXP (and lots of EXP too to boot), among plenty other things.

And don't get me started on FE1's item managment system ...

Uh, they did?

Axes aren't useless anymore and staff users actually get EXP (and lots of EXP too to boot), among plenty other things.

And don't get me started on FE1's item managment system ...

Yeah, and now Caeda can OHKO half the enemies in the game.

... as opposed to being a really fragile speedster in the original.

And isn't an issue that originated in FE1.

Point is, FEDS has less balance issues than any previous FE and definately a whole ton less than the original FE1.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Arch's hack is looking very awesome, so I can go without a remake of FE4 on the DS/3DS or whatever. I'd still buy it if it came out, but I'd rather have one of FE5, since as far as I know, FE5 isn't being hacked to be a GBA game (or any other game for another system).

I'd much rather see new characters, since we haven't had any since FE 9. Even I can come up with a wide variety of characters in five years.

And as I said before in an older thread, it's just the same dozen or so archetypes anyway, with other stock RPG archetypes being alternated alongside them.

So the one thing left that might be difficult is giving them names, but then you notice that the way FE names are made is

• you take a name from a person of myths and legend
  • you use a normal sounding name
  • you make an alteration of the above
  • you make an alteration of an existing FE name.

How can IS be running out of ideas when they're always regurgitating the same ones? Any new FE game is fine, but if they did do a sequel, they should do one for Magvel. Preferably on a console so they can actually flesh the world out some since it's the least developed of the FE continents.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see a new Tellius game, with a mix of old and new characters.

I was just thinking of this, they should totally do that. to cover the huge amount of characters they should let them be in different roads and give you choice who to use without gaining others. and with supports like RD they have nothing to worry about (don't forget to include some longer A-supports!)

I get attached to my characters! If another game takes place in Marth or Ike's world, I hope the "flat" people get some personality (besides Cain and Maria).