(FE7) Drafting Tourney III

Parrhesia

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry. Kinship's Bond is everybody's hell. You won't be alone.

It would be easy IF THERE WEREN"T SO MANY MAGIC UNITS. Seriously, I'm having Canas(Nosferatu), Marcus, and Hector tank through the middle, but magic tears Hector up. I wind up leaving 31hp Florina to the left, but she promptly dies to a lancereaver and 3 mages. Also, heath' weapons suck, not even a generic iron or steel on him. The axereaver will help in the desert though.Speaking of which, I feel like I have the best characters to tackle the desert. I have 2 flyers and one magic. Chococoke, I don't think you shouldn't killed Rebecca.

I saw your video on it, and... I'll probably end up killing myself, if I even make it that far :/

Don't forget to watch Aquilae's. He had a very nice defensive alternative, that actually played out a lot safer than mine, if I remember it correctly.

It would be easy IF THERE WEREN"T SO MANY MAGIC UNITS. Seriously, I'm having Canas(Nosferatu), Marcus, and Hector tank through the middle, but magic tears Hector up. I wind up leaving 31hp Florina to the left, but she promptly dies to a lancereaver and 3 mages. Also, heath' weapons suck, not even a generic iron or steel on him. The axereaver will help in the desert though.Speaking of which, I feel like I have the best characters to tackle the desert. I have 2 flyers and one magic. Chococoke, I don't think you shouldn't killed Rebecca.

The glut of magic units up the center is really deadly. Well, combined with the fact that there are prominent representations of all of the weapon triangle everywhere (reaver versions), so no unit is ever safe tanking anywhere, because if they're good against half the foes, they're fucked against the other half. OTL.

Have Eliwood or someone load up with Lances to ferry over to Heath, cause he needs to recruit him anyway.

Don't forget to watch Aquilae's. He had a very nice defensive alternative, that actually played out a lot safer than mine, if I remember it correctly.

The glut of magic units up the center is really deadly. Well, combined with the fact that there are prominent representations of all of the weapon triangle everywhere (reaver versions), so no unit is ever safe tanking anywhere, because if they're good against half the foes, they're fucked against the other half. OTL.

Have Eliwood or someone load up with Lances to ferry over to Heath, cause he needs to recruit him anyway.

Which is why Nosferatu!Canas is so helpful. Hector can take hits from the axereavers, but he cant really hit them back, and Marcus is the same except he gets more damage from the reavers.

I thought this one would be easier, but it probably is a little difficult because I suck at this.

Anyway, Marcus is sent south with a hand axe to solo the bottom part of the map, and the wreck Sealen, who is weighed down by his bows. Hector, Bartre, and Erk all head out the broken wall to the west and kill the enemies that show up there. Sealen is killed on turn 3, reinforcements stop, everyone rejoices. 8 turn completion, 51 total.

Yes, I am double posting. I figured beating Kinship's Bond was worth it. 12 turns, 2 elixirs, and three meatshields later, here I am. I get Hawkeye next Chapter (Thank God for another character). I severely underestimated the challenge of Chapter 22. I should have drafted another early character.

Name   Level HP ST SK SP LK DE RE 
Hector 18.72 36 17 12 10 12 14  2 C Oswin
Lowen  18.05 38 14 10 15 10 15  4 C Marcus
Oswin  2.03* 44 19 16 11  5 21  9 C Hector
Marcus  9.57 38 17 19 12  9 11 11 C Lowen

Yes, I am double posting. I figured beating Kinship's Bond was worth it. 12 turns, 2 elixirs, and three meatshields later, here I am. I get Hawkeye next Chapter (Thank God for another character). I severely underestimated the challenge of Chapter 22. I should have drafted another early character.

Name   Level HP ST SK SP LK DE RE 
Hector 18.72 36 17 12 10 12 14  2 C Oswin
Lowen  18.05 38 14 10 15 10 15  4 C Marcus
Oswin  2.03* 44 19 16 11  5 21  9 C Hector
Marcus  9.57 38 17 19 12  9 11 11 C Lowen

Double post! DISQUALIFIED OH WELL..... :P

and how do you get that chart to look so nice...

Edited by Chococoke

Chapter 22(12 turns)(143 total)

What a pain this chapter was. The main thing that helped me was the green units distracting the enemy. I covered the middle with Canas, Hector, and Marcus. Eliwood, and Lyn, and Florina went to the left side. Heath floated around cleaning up leftovers.

Name 	Level   HP 	ST 	SK	SP 	LK      DF      RS
Hector 	19.96 	33 	18 	11 	14   	5    	16   	5  	C Eliwood
Eliwood	15.96   29 	11  	12  	13   	12    	8      	3  	C Hector
Marcus 	10.91    36 	19 	18 	15 	13   	11    	10
Serra  	11.49    22  	9  	8   	13   	11   	4      	11
Florina  11.88 	32  	9 	12    	15  	13  	5      	8  	C Lyn
Lyn   	14.90  	26 	10 	18  	16  	11   	4      	2   	C Florina
Canas	14.57   25 	13 	12  	11  	8 	8 	12
Heath 	9.03 	34 	15 	12	9  	8 	11 	2

It'll be a tight squeeze getting the levels on my lords, but I think I can do it.

Edited by Core

I am going to love chapters with ballistae. Two pegs and one Delphi Shield, late. Said pegs get weighed down by anything that deals damage.

EHM/LHM report: On Jerme's PFoD. To get through the PT quickly I let people die and earlypromoted some melee guys. Marcus and Legault both ate it in Lloyd's chapter but I have Spd-blessed Sain, nothing can stop me now. On target to start this by Monday.

Lucius particularly. Being 2HKO'ed at least forever doesn't help. Raven's offense is a little substandard as well. Being weighed down by Steel Swords is not helping.

The main problem are all those Pegs, who just slip behind and kill people. It's not helping, at all.

If I was in charge of writing the dialogue for that chapter, it would go something like this.

Fargus: They're attacking my ship! I'm gonna kick their heads in!

Eliwood: No! Go down! And do captainy things!

Fargus: Screw that! I'm taking these other ships for me own! COME ON LADS!

And it would be a whole lot easier.

EDIT: Up to VoD on EHM/LHM PT. After this I will have completed both other HM modes, and thus it will surely unlock. Or, I may hang myself.

Edited by Yossarian

I wish I could do that. Sain is the only unit capable of holding his own, Wil gets killed WAY too easily. Between the ballista, 2 peg knights, and 1 mercenary that attack the southern group, Wil ALWAYS ends up dead.

Lol, I used Wil and Kent as a distraction for the peg knights while Sain rescues Lyn and got to Marcus who took Lyn and Sain promptly died.

I keep getting closer and closer, but someone always dies.

And well, I don't care, my Sain is going to be AWESOME. Better than all of my units have been! (which isn't saying much...)

EDIT: I broke my gameboy throwing it against the wall

Edited by Chococoke

So... close... all but 5 enemies dead... Matthew gaining legit level ups... Hector doubling some enemies... Erk too...

AND THEN MATTHEW IS KILLED BY A FUCKING MAGE. A FUCKING MAGE. WHAT THE HELL.

16 UGH

Finished. Finally! After running the same strategy over and over again, here's what eventually ended up working for me...

For the main force: Marcus heads up north as fast as possible, killing as many people as he can while maxing out his movement every turn. Florina rescue/drops Oswin ahead of Marcus. All the enemies gang up on him, and he eventually succumbs (RIP meatshield) Lowen stays back with the rest of the main force, he too is killed. Not as sad about that. Matthew spams his iron sword in order to reach C swords, so that he can start using the killing edge and actually start contributing combat-wise. He actually crit-kills a cavalier. Hector eventually follows Marcus, with Florina sacrificing herself in order to make sure he isn't murdered by a damn mage. Again, not too sad, she was a midget anyway, and I hate midgets.

For the force of losers in the southeast: Sain is put into range of the peg knights with a javelin. He and Wil combine to kill the two peg knights that rush down. Kent distracts the mercenary long enough for Sain to eventually come over and dispatch him with an iron lance. Sain then goes around the southern village (which was destroyed) and joins the main force, contributing by killed a mercenary.

Eventually, when the mercenary and cavalier forces stopped spawning, Hector and Marcus went after the boss. ORKO for Hector with Wolf Beil. 11 turn completion, 62 total. I may try chapter 17 later, or I may just kill myself.

Level    HP    STR    SKL    SPD    LCK    DEF    RES
Hector 10.65  28    13       9         9          6       12      1 
Matthew 6.26 19     4        5         15        2        3       2
Marcus 4.86   32    16      16       12         8       10     10
Bartre 9.11     35     12      6          6          6        7       2
Erk 5.26          21      7       9          9          5        3        7
Wil 5.39           22     7       5          7          7        6        1
Sain 4.90         22     9       5          7          5        7        0

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm done trying to make charts. Why does it look so nice when I'm about to post!

Edited by Chococoke