(FE7) Drafting Tourney III

Parrhesia

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yossarian, that might be true in NM, but when HHM hits and everyone carries Swordreavers, that doesn't work.

*nods* Right. That...was quite a dick move by IS.

Finished 11 in 8 or possibly 9 turns, no Red Gem. Hector has 9 Str and Def, and 6 Skl and Spd, so I ain't restarting.

My thoughts on Dorcas, Hector, Marcus doing Birds of a Feather;

FUCK FUCKING FUCKERY FUCKING FFFECKING FUCK IN A...FUCK!

Need to keep Matthew alive, need to keep Hector alive, need to keep Dorcas alive, need to get the book, need to make a solid path of killing rather than leaving stragglers...

I love this game!

Edited by Yossarian

My thoughts on Dorcas, Hector, Marcus doing Birds of a Feather;

FUCK FUCKING FUCKERY FUCKING FFFECKING FUCK IN A...FUCK!

Need to keep Matthew alive, need to keep Hector alive, need to keep Dorcas alive, need to get the book, need to make a solid path of killing rather than leaving stragglers...

I love this game!

Tip: Don't bother getting the secret book.

Another tip: This chapter took me FOREVER

It's like the red gem I missed, but more satisfying to sell :awesome:

Edited by Yossarian

Another tip: This chapter took me FOREVER

I had loliwood get the secret book because I drafted him and he can't do much that chapter anyway.

But is that secret book worth sending Dorcas- or worse, Marcus- out of combat to go get it?

True. It's kind of an optional extra for Dorky when he's done killing everything.

Camp Marcus and Hector on the Armory/Vendor with Hand Axes.

I think I have an idea that'll keep everyone alive. It involves camping the area that you start at the top of the ship. I'll see how it works out.

EDIT: Okay, Hector died. But it has potential!

Double EDIT: Attempt #2: Matthew dies on turn 1. Okay, it happens.

Attempt #3: Erk is killed by 2 peg knights

Attempt #4: Sain doubled by a merc

I'm not giving up.

Edited by Chococoke

Good luck~

*intends to continue some more tonight*

If you have a save and think you need it, you can always gain the XP from the gaiden, 'though this is kinda a last resort.

Just a quick update: No progress. I'm also not going to have access to my save file for the next 2 days, so don't expect to hear anything from me, either.

Birds of a Feather pissed me off so much that I had a dream about it :awesome:

Apparently, I managed it in 32 turns, plus 4 for the appearance and subsequent javelin-lobbing antics of promoted Heath, who I used to curb the eastern paladins and nomadic troopers. The swarms of like 30 mercs and slightly fewer soldiers (who seemed to use the unit art as their map icon) did not help my case; fortunately, level 12 General Osw1n had a mighty 112 HP. Seriously. I remember thinking to myself, 'what IS the other cap?" I believe 112 was subconsciously chosen on account of 60+52 (FE3 and possibly other games' cap).

Looking forward to my ultimate meatwall next chapter, and if Heath can take out the Pirates quickly he may be worth the penalty.

As I write this, Marcus is currently attacking the boss with a silver axe. My strategy has worked perfectly. He can ORKO with his silver axe as long as he doesn't miss of get critkilled. I'm afraid to press the A button.

Marcus hits

Zoldam hits NO CRIT

Marcus kills.

"You possess...this much... power...?"

FUCK YEAH I DO ASSHOLE

Here's what each unit did.

Wil: Can't do much, he chipped 1 peg, and ORKO'd a steel lance!peg as well. Silly peg knights.

Bartre: Double by everything on the map, and I mean EVERYTHING. He chipped one peg, and got one hand axe hit in on a merc.

Erk: Chipped 2 mercs.

Matthew: Took one blow from a peg knight, which nearly killed him, so he got all scared and hid behind Merlinus.

Hector: Blocked left staircase

Sain: Blocked right staircase

Kent: Sacrificed himself for the greater good when Sain had to vulnerary himself, and that one annoying 12 AS merc that can double him was nearby

Marcus: Ran straight for the boss with a Javelin, which broke.

Anyway, Hector threw down a mine turn 1 to avoid getting killed on enemy phase by a merc and shaman. Hand axe'd a few enemies actually, but that provided negligible exp. Marcus kept running toward the boss, javelin used so that he killed every shaman that attack him so that he could max his movement every player phase and get to Zoldam by turn 3. Sain, Matthew, Erk, and Kent BARELY managed to hold the right staircase, shitty durability units... Anyway, Marcus eventually arrived at Zoldam, silver axe equipped, and the rest is history. 3 turns, 76 total.

I don't feel like doing a chart, a few people leveled up and got some shit ass stats. Matthew got HP, SPD, and LCK. Thanks a bunch, Matty boy.

EDIT: Re-did this chapter today. I literally woke up this morning, and though to myself "oh my god, I had Kent buy a bunch of shit from the vendor, and then I just let him die."

This time Kent unloaded his wares before meatshielding, AND he survived with 1 HP, so hooray! I love a happy ending. Same strategy as above, still 3 turns.

Edited by Chococoke

A lot easier than I expected. Left Kent, Raven, and Dart up north near Merlinus to be sacrificed. They were sacrificed. All of my combat units headed south. A bunch of people ended up getting level ups, and decent ones too, shockingly (though Hector apparently is allergic to speed.) Marcus equips the horseslayer and kills a bunch of ponies. Holy shit Uhai's stats are retarded. Luckily, I take advantage of the fact that he would rather use his longbow to attack Bartre (doing about 30 damage in one round) then whip out his killing edge. Marcus and Hector team up with their pony killing weaponry to dispatch Uhai. 9 turns, 85 total.

Name 	Level   HP 	ST 	SK	SP 	LK      DF      RS
Hector 	13.07 	31 	16 	11 	9   	6    	15   	1  		
Marcus 	7.21    34 	18 	18 	12 	9   	11    	12
Bartre  11.13   37      13      6   	6       6       7       2
Erk   	7.65  	22 	9 	10  	10  	6   	3      	8   	
Wil 	7.10    23 	8 	7  	9  	7 	6 	2
Sain 	8.80 	24 	12 	6	9  	6 	9 	2

It was kind of sad, since Uhai is such a legit boss.

Dragon's Gate is sort of difficult. Marcus is starting to not double anything anymore, which is annoying. Cameron is strong enough to ORKO half of my team, including Sain. I'll begin more attempts tomorrow, I don't have the heart to continue today.

Edited by Sirius

Wasn't so hard once I got the hang of it. Matthew unlocks the door to the left, Sain ORKO's the archer, Matthew gets the brave bow for Wil. One day. He still has D bows, so thats kind of retarded. Anyway, blasted up the middle. Once I understood that I had to kill the archers that are hiding in the buildings, my life got MUCH easier. Lyn and Eliwood hide a little north of where the peg knights spawn. Wil and Erk stay back to kill the archer reinforcements while everyone else heads toward Cameron. At first, I was rushed to try and get to Legault since he gets the guiding ring. I didn't care eventually, screw you Legault. Hector kills Cameron with the Wolf Beil, leaving it with 3 uses. Marcus sits in front of the door with the Javelin and Hand Axe, and kills 3 fighters and 3 shamans (awesome.) Matthew opens the door, Hector runs in, attacks Darin with the Wolf Beil. 2 uses. I forgot that the throne heals, so Darin ends up with a whopping 1 HP after being hit with the Wolf Beil again. Deciding against finishing 1 turn later and giving Hector experience, Marcus IRON LANCEs Darin to death. A few people attack a few enemies at the end for some cheap exp, and Hector seizes. 9 turns, 94 total.

Name 	Level   HP 	ST 	SK	SP 	LK      DF      RS
Hector 	14.73 	32 	16 	12 	9   	7    	15      2  		
Marcus 	8.48    35 	18 	18 	13 	9   	11    	12
Bartre  11.78   37      13      6   	6       6       7       2
Erk   	9.09  	24 	10 	11  	12  	7   	4      	8   	
Wil 	7.10    24 	8 	8  	10  	7 	6 	2
Sain 	10.09 	26 	13 	6	10  	7 	10 	2
Matthew 10.13   23      6       6       17      3       4       2

EDIT: Thought I'd point this out... Matthew has a whopping 15 W's... and 18 deaths.

Edited by Chococoke

Good choice not giving Hector the expirience - he will have enough as time comes for sure. You are closing in on Kinship's Bond. :awesome:

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. At least I'll get Isadora for Kinship's Bond.... :/ Did you just hold out until the turn limit expired on that map or did you kill Eubans?