(FE7) Drafting Tourney III

Parrhesia

I love the way Rath's merc is a lot better at base than Rath.

He's a match for Alva, that man.

He would've been much better if he hadn't weighed himself down with that damn steel sword. At least he didn't have 3 AS like that stupid cavalier. What a stupid cavalier...

Anyway.

One try. One try. Fuck yes. Especially wonderful since it took me 20+ attempts to clear Kinship's Bond.

Anyway, I got really lucky, fast. Erk dodged a killing shot from Paul (or Jasmine? Whichever has the Killer Axe) on turn 1 enemy phase. Erk then proceeded east, since he's a mage and all and has no movement penalty in deserts. He he! I kind of forgot how I killed Paul, honestly, but it happened. Hawkeye appeared and did nothing... Which was actually just fine. I got very lucky, Erk killed plenty of people, as did Pent. Jasmine was killed by Axereaver!Sain, Steelsword!Marcus, and Silversword!Isadora. Pent killed all the enemies remaining. 5 turns, 117 total.

I guess I'll update my unit stats now, I feel like it's been a while since I've done that.

Name 	Level   HP 	ST 	SK	SP 	LK      DF      RS
Hector 	16.27 	34 	16 	13 	9   	9    	15      3  		
Marcus 	9.89    36 	18 	18 	14 	10   	11    	12
Bartre  12.72   38      14      6   	6       7       8       2
Erk   	15.08  	27 	14 	15  	15  	9   	6      	11   	
Wil 	10.62    25 	10 	9  	11  	9 	6 	3
Sain 	13.55 	36* 	16 	6	12  	8 	10 	2
Matthew 11.95   24      6       7       18      3       4       2
Isadora 3.05    29      14      13      17      10      8       6

Hector: Pretty average, blessed SK is cool but unnecessary.

Marcus: Pretty much level across the board.

Bartre: Only screwed stat is SK, but I really regret taking him. Should've gone with Dorcas. Or Dart. Or anyone.

Erk: Fuck and yes. Every stat is above average, ST is a whopping +3.4. Ended up working out great, I can't wait to promote him.

Wil: Average, but SP blessed (+2.8)

Sain: SK screwed (-2.2), but still a solid unit.

Matthew: LK screwed (-3.5) but who gives a shit. I just need to get him more kills, and he needs to proc some stats other than speed.

Isadora: Not much to say here, she's only gained 2 levels.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would've been much better if he hadn't weighed himself down with that damn steel sword. At least he didn't have 3 AS like that stupid cavalier. What a stupid cavalier...

You want an Iron Swordsman and expect him to deal damage? 'Sides, it's not like they were gonna get steel. Lancereavers, maybe.

Something tells me these chapters would have been easier if you hadn't let Rebecca die.

They really wouldn't be. Rebecca's durability is worse than Wil's, and Wil gets 2RKO'd by just about every enemy I'm facing now. She'd just be another liability, really.

In the spirit of Chococoke's pirate level post...

FUCK YOU, LLOYD, FUCK YOU. IF THERE WAS A KILL COMMAND FOR YOU, YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT IN THINKING I WOULD USE IT.

That being said, I beat chapter 25 after appromixately 10 tries (today) in 6 turns, getting the earth seal to promote Lowen with, but forgoing shopping. I am 140 total turns, I think. But, again...

FUCK YOU LLOYD.

God damn. I'm going to make a post even bigger than this one when I finally kill that fucker Lloyd, because NOTHING I DO IN THAT FUCKING LEVEL IS WORKING

Just a quick-ish update: I'm not dead. I've just been really busy with schoolwork. So now you know.

This. I'll try to do this when I don't explode with rage at the thought of earlygame w/o Osw1n.

Yeah, I'm moving into college on Saturday morning, so I'll end up pretty much halting my run. But until then...

PHEW.

Finally got a strategy that worked. I did 3 different strategies here.

1) Charge everyone up the middle, send Hawkeye and Isadora to the east to buy shit.

2) Send Marcus to the east along with Hawkeye and Isadora, since Issy can't really handle too many enemies on her own. And then send Marcus back up north along with the rest of the force to fight Lloyd.

Both of these strategies failed me OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

3) Send ALL FORCES east, leave Wil and Hector with Merlinus to kill wyverns and monks. They did a good job. Wil had to dodge a killing blow at 58 displayed, but he did, so much celebration was had. Marcus acquired a swordreaver, which was a vurrrrrrrrrrry good idea. Marcus trapped Lloyd with Heath's old mine first (another genius idea) and wacked him once with the swordreaver. This left him with about 16 HP. Sain missed a javelin shot, like usual with his awesome SK. Erk hit him with a thunder blast, and then Isadora stabbied him with an iron lance to finish him off at 70 displayed hit. MOTHA FUCKAAAAAA. 7 turns, 124 total.

That's similar to what I ended up doing, except I think I used two mines to really fuck him over.

He deserved it. That asshole.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do for Crazed Beast... I think I'm gonna have to eat a 4 turn penalty immediately to rescue/drop Marcus over to where the Bishop is. But then my main force will be without my only reliable unit... shit sucks.

Chapter 24(10/159)

Hehe Linus' map is probably harder than Lloyd's. Linus is a pushover, but THE FUCKING WYVERN KNIGHTS AND BOLTING SAGE aren't. seriously, those guys piss me off. but yay, I got Geitz, so its all better now. Florina and Heath and Canas had to be promoted for this chapter to even be possible.

Hector 	20.00 	34 	19 	11 	14   	6    	16   	6  	C Eliwood
Eliwood	19.39   33 	13  	12  	14   	14    	9      	3  	C Hector
Marcus 	11.88    37 	20 	19 	15 	14   	11    	10
Serra  	13.65    22  	10  	8   	15   	12   	4      	13
Florina  2.10 	40  	13 	13    	17  	17  	9      	11  	C Lyn
Lyn   	15.47  	26 	10 	18  	17  	12   	4      	2   	C Florina
Canas	2.03   30 	15 	14  	14  	9 	11 	14
Heath 	1.72 	39 	16 	15 	12  	9 	11 	4
Geitz  	3.33  	44  	19 	13	14 	10 	11 	4

Eliwood still sucks, Geitz is now my most durable unit.

Edited by Hemlock

Chapter 24(10/159)

Hehe Linus' map is probably harder than Lloyd's. Linus is a pushover, but THE FUCKING WYVERN KNIGHTS AND BOLTING SAGE aren't. seriously, those guys piss me off. but yay, I got Geitz, so its all better now. Florina and Heath and Canas had to be promoted for this chapter to even be possible.

Hector 	20.00 	34 	19 	11 	14   	6    	16   	6  	C Eliwood
Eliwood	19.39   33 	13  	12  	14   	14    	9      	3  	C Hector
Marcus 	11.88    37 	20 	19 	15 	14   	11    	10
Serra  	13.65    22  	10  	8   	15   	12   	4      	13
Florina  2.10 	40  	13 	13    	17  	17  	9      	11  	C Lyn
Lyn   	15.47  	26 	10 	18  	17  	12   	4      	2   	C Florina
Canas	2.03   30 	15 	14  	14  	9 	11 	14
Heath 	1.72 	39 	16 	15 	12  	9 	11 	4
Geitz  	3.33  	44  	19 	13	14 	10 	11 	4

Eliwood still sucks, Geitz is now my most durable unit.

I'm curious, what level were the aforementioned units when you promoted them? I'm getting rather tempted to start promoting some of my units.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I did it.

Took long enough....

This one was retarded, but I prepared well in chapter 24 by buying 3 Lancereavers (donno why I did that, but it paid off BIG TIME.)

Southwest castle was simple. Matthew soloed everyone down there with a few swords, and got a few shitty level ups. The warrior had enough strength to OHKO him, but with only 14 hit, it never happened for him. OH WELL

Northeast castle was a little more difficult. Eventually, I figured I'd have to take a 4 turn penalty to ferry Marcus across the lake. On turn 1, Heath picked up Marcus and moved Northeast. Enemy phase, the bishop and a pirate killed him, causing Marcus to be dropped on land, 8 spaces from the bishop. So he ORKO'd the bishop on turn 2, seized on turn 3, and sat there the rest of the level. RIP Heath, by the way.

Pascal's castle was annoying. Sain, Erk, Isadora, and Hector fought all the cavaliers. Erk, Isadora, and Hector (who I gave a 1 use Wolf Beil, which he used on Pascal) killed Pascal, while Bartre and Wil killed pirates in the lake.

9 turns (+4 penalty,) 137 total.

EDIT: Yeah, didn't bother with stats, but Hector is -2.65 on speed. That's wonderful.

Edited by Chococoke

Quadruple post, but it would appear I'm the only one still going, so whatever.

This one wasn't bad. Hector stayed where he started, Pent and the rest of the Joke Squad headed around the mountain and to where Merlinus was. Bartre and Sain gained a level and then promoted. Bartre's durability was increased, but his still shit speed means he won't be dodging any attacks. Erk is close to promoting, he'll probably do so next chapter. Everyone killed some effing wyverns, but I'm now SERIOUSLY lacking weapons. Shit. Hector has maxed out, Matthew is close to it. I'm sure this chapter will give me heartburn, so I might just promote Erk before it and have him use his new heal staff for the Purge bastard. We'll see.

12 turns, 149 total.

Hector 	20.00 	37 	19 	15 	9   	10    18   	4  		
Marcus 	11.68*  38 	18 	19 	14 	10   	12    	12
Bartre  1.14*   43      16      9   	6       8       12       6
Erk   	17.75  	29 	14 	15  	16  	9   	7      	12   	
Wil 	14.94   28 	14 	12  	11  	11 	7 	4
Sain 	1.35* 	42 	19 	10	14  	9 	14 	3

*denotes promoted unit

Yes, my 2 primary axe users REFUSE to proc speed.

If it means anything, I hope you finish! It's really a shame to see unfinished drafts, really defeats the whole point of them.

Thanks! Knowing that at least one person is reading these will give me enough will power to get through those difficult chapters.

numberReaders++

Awesome. I'd like to say I've done my best to watch your vids before I attempt a chapter, given the characters you used were similar to mine. Only problem is that my units aren't all that bad, yours were just.... insane... so I've had to adapt to some shit-tastic units :(

Makes it more fun, at least.

Yeah, double post, but I feel like asking people's opinions as to who I should give the speedwings acquired next chapter to? I was thinking either Bartre or Hector, but giving them to Sain might allow him to double more often than not. Hell, everyone on my team could use the damn wings.

Yeah, double post, but I feel like asking people's opinions as to who I should give the speedwings acquired next chapter to? I was thinking either Bartre or Hector, but giving them to Sain might allow him to double more often than not. Hell, everyone on my team could use the damn wings.

Well, if Hector and Bartre won't double even with the wings, I wouldn't give it to them. Maybe Sain or Marcus, if they're having problems. Or Wil, I suppose...