[FE10] Draft Playthrough

Rescuing should probably be legal but i dont want to change it since Int is completely done and me and fayt(im forgetting someone i know) are in P4.

Nothing has been changed, you had this option from the start, you just haven't utilised it.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it never said that n non-draftee to pick up other non-draftee. However it did say that "Forced units that you did not choose must not be used at all. " I don't think it would have make much of a difference whether non drafttees can rescue other non draftees since most stages you can keep them out of battle (unsure about 3-1 and Part 4 since I haven't gotten to it yet)

*is guilty for 3-1*

don't remember if I had the rest of the GM pick up each other or just most. Lets just say I have them all pick up each other to make it will be a additonal 14 turn penalty for me then if thats what u guys want to agree on.

well you have haar so you should be forced to take these penalties in account.

I really wish revan would come here and get thsi argument settled.

lazy =/

Narga: I absolutely see how meatshielding != rescuing non-draftees with non-draftees. The point of my post was that I was coming off of another draft (the fe6 one maybe?) where something was disallowed and somebody said that it should be allowed because it's allowed in every other one. My point was that meatshielding is "always allowed in other drafts" but not in this one, so why should rescuing be always allowed in other drafts ergo assumed allowed in this one?

EDIT: This, and scroll down a few posts as well.

"Obviously meatshielding is allowed in other drafts ergo it's allowed in this one"

I'm perfectly aware that the original argument "rescuing has been allowed before" is invalid since any rule can change and being a rule before doesn't necessarily make it a good rule. However, having other rules recognized as bad and get changed also doesn't mean that the rule allowing non-drafted to rescue non-drafted should also be changed.

I think you're misunderstanding me.

I have nothing against rescuing being allowed. I'd actually lobby for it, in this case.

My post wasn't trying to keep it from being implemented because of the above, my post was simply trying to dissuade the line of reasoning "x was allowed there so should be here too", mostly WRT Zwiebel. Not directed at you because you presented a "logically this should be allowed because x" rather than only saying "it was allowed elsewhere therefore".

My post wasn't trying to keep it from being implemented because of the above, my post was simply trying to dissuade the line of reasoning "x was allowed there so should be here too", mostly WRT Zwiebel. Not directed at you because you presented a "logically this should be allowed because x" rather than only saying "it was allowed elsewhere therefore".

If, say, the USA legalised torture as a means of punishing criminals (not saying they would, this is just theoretical) and crime rates plumetted. This is a valid reason to suggest to the UK to legalise torture for the punsihment of criminals as it is effective and achieves it's purpose: to reduce crime in teh UK.

If, say, the first RD draft PT allows non-drafted units to interact with each other and this made it so that certain units (such as the GM's and those in 2-P) are not overly useful and thus make it fair for all the particpants and even allow certain chapters to be completed, then there is a valid reason for the second runthrough of RD to allow non drafted units to interact wit heach other.

Savvy?

If, say, the USA legalised torture as a means of punishing criminals (not saying they would, this is just theoretical) and crime rates plumetted. This is a valid reason to suggest to the UK to legalise torture for the punsihment of criminals as it is effective and achieves it's purpose: to reduce crime in teh UK.

If, say, the first RD draft PT allows non-drafted units to interact with each other and this made it so that certain units (such as the GM's and those in 2-P) are not overly useful and thus make it fair for all the particpants and even allow certain chapters to be completed, then there is a valid reason for the second runthrough of RD to allow non drafted units to interact wit heach other.

Savvy?

Wait, what?

First off, you're listing something with an absolutely concrete cause and effect. If the US legalized torture and crime plummeted, ye? What's that even remotely got to do with allowing/disallowing meatshielding, which is a matter of preference set by the tourney lead? This is more like saying if the US banned the color pink, and it seems like a cool idea, the UK should be assumed to have already banned the colour pink as well.

Really, I think it's a nice rule to have. But, somebody, please describe a situation in which we actually need to have non-drafted units interact with each other. 3-P? 4-4? What kind of team would you have?

Edited by Naglfar

Really, I think it's a nice rule to have. But, somebody, please describe a situation in which we actually need to have non-drafted units interact with each other. 3-P? 4-4? What kind of team would you have?

Well, Vika and Tormod and Muarim should be able to run away, right? But it's more 3-P and 3-1, I think. Not sure why for 3-P, actually, since I don't know why you can't send your drafted units + Ike straight north and clear out everything that will ever come after the ones you didn't draft.

I've never tried so I don't really know if it would come up often.

Wait, what?

First off, you're listing something with an absolutely concrete cause and effect. If the US legalized torture and crime plummeted, ye? What's that even remotely got to do with allowing/disallowing meatshielding, which is a matter of preference set by the tourney lead? This is more like saying if the US banned the color pink, and it seems like a cool idea, the UK should be assumed to have already banned the colour pink as well.

Yes, the concrete effect is that it saves turns + makes things easier, thus making the PT more balanced.

Saying it saves turns isn't a given, considering I kept all undraftees out of combat except 3-1 - and I would have had to use Titania if I'd had anything more than 0 undraftees, and probably then anyway. The only concrete effect is that it makes it easier.

Saying it saves turns isn't a given, considering I kept all undraftees out of combat except 3-1 - and I would have had to use Titania if I'd had anything more than 0 undraftees, and probably then anyway. The only concrete effect is that it makes it easier.

Indeed: and this is very important as it reduces, and thus balances out, the value of the GM's and those in 2-P, as the punishment (10 turns or so) is far too harsh as is, without the added effect of another +5 or so.

Edited by Zwiebel

Of course you can rescue non drafted units with other non drafted units. I actually thought for sure that was specifically adressed in the rules, but either way, the only thing even close to this that they forbid is ferrying, which this certainly isn't. Sorry for any confusion, I honestly never really thought it would be taken otherwise.

Also, I have't forgotten this, I'm just busy.

:sob: part 1 start would have been so easy :sob:

Should've asked.

I just don't know why people think that it makes sense for non-drafted unit A to be unable to pick up non-drafted unit B. Neither are drafted. Neither are supposed to affect your turncount. Why wouldn't they be allowed to pick each other up? That's why I'm so bothered by drafts that specifically disallow that. It seems so illogical and counterintuitive a rule that I don't get why it would be created.

well because i thought ferrying was the samething...

Ferrying is different. Ferrying is rescuing with a better purpose. Either carrying a seize-bot closer to the seize point or carrying low move units so that they have a chance to be offensive. That type of thing. That's different from minimizing the presence of non-drafted units. You aren't actually taking them anywhere but "away".

I just don't know why people think that it makes sense for non-drafted unit A to be unable to pick up non-drafted unit B. Neither are drafted. Neither are supposed to affect your turncount. Why wouldn't they be allowed to pick each other up? That's why I'm so bothered by drafts that specifically disallow that. It seems so illogical and counterintuitive a rule that I don't get why it would be created.

It probably has to do with people enjoying the extra challenge it brings.

3-p 10 turns.

My Ike got a skill level up, hp level up, and frpm spd to resistance level up. Skrimir was being stupid, and wasted a couple of turns.

3-1, i played for a bit and i realized that this one will be a bit gruesome ;_; I realized after looking at that i wouldn't be able to ike solo it. So tits and Gatrie come with me. In a run Titania died turn 2 after being ganged rape by a mage, a javelin guy, and an axe guy. In another run, Rolf died from a critical hit, in another one he was hit by a general and i restarted, and decided it'd be best to leave him out for the first couple of turns. I also gave my ike some BEXP and got him to lvl 16. His STR and SKL capped. And spd is at 25.

Edited by SlayerX

All aboard the update train.

3-12: 7 turns

This chapter was funny. Volug killed everything, in fact, he ran out his entire minus-three-per-battle gauge in a single turn. I had to figure out how to make an archer attack him so he was ready to fight again on turn 5. I hoped to end it on tha tenemy phase, but Sothe doesn't have 51 atk like Volug does. In the end, I had to settle for a fairly unsatisfactory 7-turn finish.

Name         Level      HP|ST|MG|SK|SP|LK|DF|RS
Micaiah    20/ 8/0      34| 9|27|18|16|30| 9|27
Sothe      --/13/0      39|22| 8|26|27|23|15|15
Volug         21        55|32| 8|30|36|18|24|10

3-13: 4 turns

Volug fluked a 4-turn finish. He was a tad too weak to ORKO Ike, but he got it on the enemy phase. Nothing to see here.

Name         Level      HP|ST|MG|SK|SP|LK|DF|RS
Micaiah    20/ 9/0      34| 9|28|19|17|31| 9|28
Sothe      --/14/0      40|22| 8|26|27|24|15|15
Volug         23        57|34|10|32|36|20|26|10

3-E: 7 turns

So, in 3-11, I completely forgot about Paragon. Mist drops Disarm for one, Gatrie drops Celerity for the other. Gatrie fills up on axes again.

Lol, this chapter is fun. Nothing much to say about it.

Stats from the P4 split!

Army       Name         Level      HP|ST|MG|SK|SP|LK|DF|RS
Silver     Micaiah    20/ 8/0      34| 9|27|18|16|30| 9|27
Silver     Sothe      --/13/0      39|22| 8|26|27|23|15|15
Silver     Leanne         7        26| 0| 3| 1| 7|28| 2|13
Silver     Nealuchi      22        53|20| 8|18|36|24|20|20
Greil      Ike        --/20/1      54|29| 7|32|29|17|27|15
Greil      Mist       --/11/0      38|10|15|21|21|21|11|22
Greil      Gatrie     --/20/9      53|35|11|32|31|18|37|28
Hawk       Elincia    --/--/4      38|22|17|21|25|30|18|24
Hawk       Volug         23        57|34|10|32|36|20|26|10
Hawk       Lethe         40        65|34|14|36|40|30|28|28

3-1 10 turns iirc. Alot of close calls, Lethe and Lyre died, but that allowed the non draftees to escape. Titania almost died for half of the time but Adept saved her. Ike went thru the thickets passage. Gatrie got the blue thing, and tits the seraph robe. Penalties of course, for got to mention. Gatrie and Titania

3-2 4 turns. Wind edge and provoke ike + shade Rolf = :awesome:

Rolf got some fighting here, made a forge for Ike with 17 might :awesome: coin. I could have done 3 turns but i forgot to equip ike with Wyrmslayer :( and i din't want to restart.

3-3... Rolf will be almost useless here... AGAIN, can the free unit fight and all?

Edited by SlayerX