Wi-Fi Battling Speculation/Discussion

Speaking of Swordslayer, I just noticed that a max str hero with A swords and an 18 MT Swordslayer forge cleanly OHKOs a max HP, max def SM. Given that SMs aren't very threatening from range, that seems to eliminate one of their most outstanding weaknesses.

Too bad they still suck otherwise.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Swordslayer, I just noticed that a max str hero with A swords and an 18 MT Swordslayer forge cleanly OHKOs a max HP, max def SM. Given that SMs aren't very threatening from range, that seems to eliminate one of their most outstanding weaknesses.

This was my final point in my original post, lol.

Assuming caps can't be broken of course. Has anyone figured this out yet?

This was my final point in my original post, lol.

Assuming caps can't be broken of course. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Do you mean orbs/shards?

They break the cap on Wi Fi. Though I didn't have the orbs with me. (because I passed Ch20)

The opponent I faced had the Starsphere and Lifesphere, they both worked.

What about the Strength,Speed,and Defence staves?What will those change?

They probably won't appear, as then you'll need multiple sages, as the typical Sages inventory will consist of:

Forged Thoron

Recover

Forify

Warp

Then you have one space left, personally, I would rather have an again staff there instead of a statboosting staff.

Edited by Michalis

^ Are ranged spells unobtainable now?

I meant anything that adds a +# after stats. I don't know if those two item types you listed are the only ones that do that.

Someone mentioned stat boosters not working if you are 1 away from capping; do these work the same as FE11 other than this?

Edited by Meteor

^ Are ranged spells unobtainable now?

I meant anything that adds a +# after stats. I don't know if those two item types you listed are the only ones that do that.

Someone mentioned stat boosters not working if you are 1 away from capping; do these work the same as FE11 other than this?

Yeah, you can't get Meteor or Swarm.

Well, there are 12 starshards that increase stats like that (Look at the items page), plus the Starsphere which gives +2 in everything, though, you can only have the 12 shards, or the sphere. Then there's the Shield of Seals, which gives MARTH +2 in everything, since though then you don't get the starsphere.

Though, that means Marth actually has a use now.

Oh, those are the temp statboosters.They have a potion icon or a ring icon attached to the corresponding statbooster. IIRC they don't work in Wi Fi, I'll test this out in a bit.

EDIT: They work, but they aren't cap breaking.

Also, there are about 6 actual permanent statboosters now, instead of the 5 in FE11

Edited by Michalis

As for swarm, you can't say, find an enemy with a dropable item (e.g. Vulnerary), make them use up the Vulnerary, then make them drop Swarm?

I know a few enemies with swarm early on had dropable items, (specifically a mission with two magic users, one had a key the other a Vulnerary, but i'm not sure if the Vulnerary guy had swarm as their weapon).

I'm also not sure if making them use up a dropable item will make them drop the next item in their inventory. I *think* this worked in previous games, but again I could be mistaken.

Does anybody else have problems getting their DS to connect to wifi? My DS can't go on wifi because I don't have a supported type of connection, anybody know more about this?

Does anybody else have problems getting their DS to connect to wifi? My DS can't go on wifi because I don't have a supported type of connection, anybody know more about this?

I'm perfectly able to connect. =\

Oh yeah, Swordslayers are on Wi Fi Shop today. Longbows too.

Edited by Michalis

Is your internet WPA? A normal DS can only use WEP, so if you don't have that kind of connection, you can't get on the wifi.

Is your internet WPA? A normal DS can only use WEP, so if you don't have that kind of connection, you can't get on the wifi.

Yes my internet is WPA. What is the difference between WPA and WEP?

WEP is insecure as hell =/

There is usually a setting on the router to use WEP or WPA encryption, the DS only works with WEP. Unfortunately though, WEP encryption has been broken, so it's fairly useless as a security measure.

What I do, is I have WEP, but I filter devices on an access list, so even if WEP is broken, it's hard for people to access the router.

But I'd suggest not listening to me unless what I've said makes a deal of sense, because it can be reasonably difficult to set op if you don't know what your doing.