Those meddling kids!

Eww Shrimp flavor... Also, it's a staple of starving college students, I know. But teenagers? Isn't that a little young to get hooked on ramen?

It's never too young to get hooked on 2MN. Hells, when we were dirt-poor it was a staple of my family's dinner.

Top Tier:

Laksa

Competently-Done Curry

Generic Untranslatable Red-Packeted Thing

High Tier:

Oriental

Beef

That one with the Egg on the Packaging

Pork

Chilli Crab

Low Tier:

Chicken

Badly-Done Curry

Kimchee

Shrimp

Bottom Tier:

All Western ramen.

My version.

I was thinking instant ramen, the one that makes me really sick after I eat it. If Marth had any taste, he would have asked for a proper miso ramen.

I'm in the middle of Chapter 24 and the reinforcement waves, because I want to level everyone as much as I can. Nothing beats Triangle Attacking the wannabe dragons!

Once I've completed the game, I'll do the last bit of story, with a separate Epilogue post. Expect to see many worlds collide.

I've gotta start experimenting with another run, so I rushed the ending (play-wise) on this one!

The epilogue and final stats will be in the next post.

Chapter 22:

"Is that a shoppin' center over there?"

"Why yes it is, Norne. Macedon doesn't have Port Warren's amazing sprawl, but the shops here are second-to-none. Since I'm the princess, I also get a discount!"

"Let's go shopping!"

"Wait for me!"

"And me!"

"Only if you promise not to steal anything, Est. . .and don't sing, Linde."

Much later. . .

"That was totally amazing! I found the perfect headband to go with my hair!"

"Who would have thought Macedon had such beautiful dresses? They swirl so nicely when I cast my spells!"

"Ah, the food was scrumptious! I daresay their pot roast is better than my granny's one!"

"I haven't had this many friends go shopping in a while! When this mess is over, we gotta do this again!"

"ABSOLUTELY!"

Back in the castle. . .

"Maria's here? I had her held hostage so she would be out of the way of such fighting!"

"Did you see the bill she racked up at the mall?"

"Hmm? Let me take a look. . .WHAT?! That's enough to fund the army for a week! That brat needs a lesson in fiscal responsibility!"

"So do we attack?"

"YES!"

Much later. . .

"It looks like it falls to me, Michalis, to defend the castle."

"Yoo-hoo!"

"Lena? My sweet, why are you here?"

"If it flies. . ."

"Don't point that tome at me, sweetie!"

". . .it dies!"

"Huh? Haven't seen you around before, but you're quite the cutie. I really like that dress, and the way it swirls when you cast. . .ack, that spell's coming for me!?"

"FIRE!"

"That's your boyfriend? How could you, Lena?! Michalis is blasting off again! *tink*"

"Hey Merric, why didn't you Excalibur my brother?"

"He was far too weak for me to use my amazing Excalibur."

"Oh bother. Well, he's out of the way, which means I'm the queen!"

"Is that why you joined the convoy?"

"Michalis and Minerva kept hitting on members of the opposite sex that were far too young for them. I didn't want either of them on the throne. They would set a bad example for the next generation."

"You sound like you'd make a good ruler, Maria."

"Oh, and I get the treasury ALL to myself! WOOHOO!"

"I spoke too soon. It looks like Maria doesn't use a flying unit, so she can live. . .for now."

Reclassed Palla to Myrmidon.

I really needed Falchion (not Failchion) for this mission, so I rushed Caeda, Castor, and the sisters up towards the village. Whatever got in my way died. Radd, Xane, Tiki, Rickard, and Lena took the other way around (with the exception of Radd, they'd get in my way). Bow units were the first to fall, followed by the Ridersbane units. I parked Palla in the village, and watched with glee as she turned the thief into experience. As per my story, Michalis went down to Lena, Linde, and Merric (who used a plain Fire tome to finish Michalis). Picked up Starlight after all the enemies died. Merric promoted off of Michalis.

Chapter 23:

"Look everyone, we've finally found the cul--huh? Why are there three of them?"

"With this scroll I stole from some schmuck in an orange jump suit, I will be invincible!"

"Okay, let's apprehend them all!"

"WHAT?!"

"If we can get past all these clones, we're bound to find the real one eventually."

"Blast you meddling kids! Go my teleport-happy stealth magic users!"

A little later. . .

"Marth, I got a wonderful idea! We can figure out which is the real bad guy really fast!"

"Oh?"

"We'll do this. . ."

". . .that's brilliant!"

"(Hey narrator, sorry for ignoring you all this time! Thanks for the tip!)"

No problem. I don't like this chapter, so finish them off quickly, okay?

"Yes ma'am!"

"Xane, why are you acting like Tomas?"

"Nothing! Nothing at all!"

Sent Rickard backwards to get the chests, then had Tiki implement Xane's brilliant suggestion (Geosphere). This time, Gharnef was at the bottom of the stairs, so I sent Merric on Barrier and Starlight to take care of Gharnef before the reinforcements arrived. From there, I charged up the stairs, got two free Steel Swords, and promoted Linde. I'm doing my best NOT to send Tomas to his death; his level-ups are reminiscent of Cecilia's.

Chapter 24:

"We're almost there! Medeus, the ultimate baddy, should be in that castle!"

"With all the bad guys we've been apprehending, there shouldn't be too many left."

"Rickard, what are you doing with my Magic Fishing Net?"

"Since there won't be too many enemies left, I wanted to go fishing."

"In case you haven't noticed, the last place to do any sort of fishing was back in Grust."

"Ehehehe. . .whoops."

"Sheesh Rickard, you're the worst thief ever."

"Come on, Est, it's not like you can do any better!"

"The first rule of thieving is to make sure you can get away with it!"

"Uh, you two, I'm standing right here."

"Marth, what have you been doing with MY Magic Fishing Net?"

"Sister? What are you doing here?"

"You left your convoy unlocked. Again."

"But how did you fit in?"

"Marth, have you noticed that you're short a couple of members?"

"Uh. . .really?"

"How are you supposed to lead a country if you can't keep track of your own convoy members?!"

"But sis. . ."

"Don't 'but sis' me! Gordin and Norne should be here soon. Be thankful that they both had horses, so they could keep up with you."

"Yes, sis."

"I'll be keeping an eye on you to make sure you don't misplace MY Magic Fishing Net."

"Yes. Sis."

"Marth's sister sure is scary, Est."

"She's worse than Catria during her catty phases."

"Hey, you two, what are you planning?"

"NOTHING! GOTTA GO!"

The only reason why Elice is alive is because I didn't have room in my party to kill her. She'll be staying with the convoy to make sure no one steals it (or anything in it).

I managed to promote the pegasus sisters, Norne, and Lena relatively early in this level. The thief IMMEDIATELY died to a well-placed Javalin from Catria. The Snipers couldn't do much to her, thanks to Michalis' parting gift. From there, I had everyone rush down to the three forts near the southwest corner of the map, to level off the reinforcements. I made sure to alternate my kills, so that (mostly) everyone would have a chance to grow. Once Turn 52 had passed (so that the only things left on the map were there to begin with), I baited the guards near Aum with Tiki, then had Rickard run and get it. I got my last bit of secret shopping done, then waltzed over to the boss and had Tiki give him a big, welcoming kiss. Despite my story, it seems that Tomas and Tiki make a really good team.

Chapter 25:

"We're finally here. Medeus has holed himself in here, and it's our job to have him arrested!"

"Why are we all split up?"

"To make sure he doesn't get away, Linde."

"Marth, his robes are glued to the throne."

"Oh."

Some time later. . .

"Hey Linde, I've got an idea."

"What is it, Radd?"

"See that garrison that looks like it's trying to spring an ambush?"

"What about them?"

"I feel like giving them a performance."

"Oooh, count me in!"

A bit later. . .

"Oh, my EARS!"

"LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!"

"Ah man, I got the wrong Dragonstone!"

"No time to worry about that! Run for your life!"

"Hey, it looks like those soldiers over there are more lost than you, Palla!"

"Come back here, Roshea!"

"You. . .you called me by name. . ."

"I did? Whoops. You're still gonna--"

"I'm not sticking around to find out!"

And thus, Roshea managed to guide Palla into some of the confused soldiers. Between her sense of direction, and the fact that the pointy end of her sword was facing the right way, said soldiers were trussed up in no time.

In another part of the castle. . .

"What the? These doors aren't supposed to act like this!"

"Someone must have found the control room!"

"We've gotta get them out!"

"First, we have to get past these doors. . ."

Rickard and Est watched the mayhem on camera, and hi-fived each other.

Elsewhere. . .

"Gordin, are we there yet?"

"Norne, I think we're lost."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because this is my house."

Back at the castle. . .

"Our opposition is some kid and a chick in an ugly orange sweater."

"They don't look too tough."

"Merric, I'll take the one that called me ugly. You get the one that flies."

"It's like I'm in the world's best dream."

"What are those two mumbling about?"

"Not sure, but--AAAAIIIEEEE!!!!"

No one had bothered to tell the troops in Dolhr about the girl who didn't like it when her sweater was insulted, and the boy who disliked flying units. Those troops learned the hard way why it's best to shut up and fight, rather than taunt the opposition.

Near a dead end. . .

"Marth, it's another dead end!"

"I'm sure we'll find him somewhere, Caeda!"

"Why can't you admit that you're lost and ask for directions?"

"Did you say something?"

"Uh, no."

Somewhere a little more relevant. . .

"My, you're really strong, Castor."

"I have to be. My mom depends on my income."

"Ooh, you're such a sweetie!"

"You remind me of one of my younger sisters."

". . .did I just get friend-zoned?"

Yes, Maria, you did.

Okay, somewhere REALLY relevant!

"FOUND IT! What are you guys doing here?"

Marth's four remaining troops stared at each other for a bit, before turning their attention to. . .

"A-HA! We have you at last, Ashnard!"

"What are you talking about, girl?"

"You're not Leon? Uh. . .Idoun?"

"I'm a male dragon!"

"Er. . .Batta the Beast?"

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!"

Keep guessing, Catria. You'll get his name eventually.

"Hey narrator. Why are we the last three?"

Stop asking stupid questions, Tomas. You'll find out shortly.

"Yo narrator, is this the convoy that bought all the Tiki Chews in Port Warren?"

Yes, Medeus, why do you ask?

"Is that human snacking on them?!"

How else do you think he can talk to me?

"WHY DO YOU ALLOW SUCH A TRANSGRESSION?!"

It's funny. Why else?

"Mister Medeus, you like Tiki Chews too?"

"Yes, Chiki."

"I changed my name to Tiki because I like Tiki Chews."

"You're such a capricious child."

"Will you share your Tiki Chews?"

"Will you give me your Stone?"

"YOU MEANIE! Huh? Oh no!"

"XANE? What are you doing?"

"Ehehe. . .well. . ."

"*SMACK*"

"Wha. . .my first kiss. . .to an underage dragon girl. . ."

"Heh, I'm not the only one! Magic Fishing Net, GO!"

And thus, Medeus was captured thanks to Catria's poor memory, some very quick thinking on Xane's part, Tiki's unwillingness to listen to me, and the fact that the true klepto in this story is Tomas.

"The first rule of thieving is never to get caught, right?"

Close enough.

"Who would suspect the person that talks to the narrator and eats dragon food to be the one to get the Magic Fishing Net away from Elice's vigilant guard?"

Who indeed.

"Now will you go out on a date with me?"

No.

"Aww. . ."

Some time later. . .

Horses belonging to knights of the various kingdoms shifted restlessly, as the investigation came to a close. Two figures were led away in chains. The darker-skinned figure stopped in his tracks, and turned to Marth. "I would have taken over the world, if not for you meddling kids!" The leader of said meddling kids waved curtly before loading everyone into the convoy, to face their next adventure.

As the story stated, the only ones left behind were Gordin, Norne, Xane, and Elice. Reclassed Catria and Est to Paladin. Created the mightiest, most accurate Longbow that I could, named it Railgun, and gave it to Roshea.

The units in the upper right corner chewed through the left side, then met up with the units on the right. Meanwhile, the guys on the right did their best to survive (both Snipers were there). The three that start near Marth took out the ballista, and baited the Bishop and General. Marth's group opened their door. Whee. Once everyone was on the right side (in the largish room just south of the Bishop and Ballista spawn point), I holed up, and made great use of my Javelin and Longbow investment. Roshea and Tomas finally cooperated, which resulted in this level going MUCH more smoothly than I imagined. Tomas also managed to gain enough Luck to negate Medeus' critical chance once he hit level 13 (WTF?). Palla gained a good amount of Speed, but her Luck never went up. Catria and Est were near their caps at level 8 and 10, respectively. Merric went absolutely berserk with his levels. As a result, Medeus went down to an Excalibur and a sloppy kiss from Tiki.

Epilogue and final stats time! The Epilogue will be an epic Wall of Text, with no tl;dr.

Epilogue:

"Phew! Finally out of that well! For the last time Minerva, NO!"

"I hope I never see an old man again."

Abel and Frey were interrupted. . .by an old man.

"Your Highness! *puff puff* There you are!"

"It's Marth! After him!"

"Uh, guys. . .your king was apprehended over 10 chapters ago. You can stop chasing the old man."

"Really? Sorry, mister."

"You're a really good runner. I think we made it around the countries four times."

"It was fun. Let's run again, old man!"

"I *pant* hate you all *huff*."

"You've earned yourself a nice vacation, Jagen. Get some rest, please."

"Yes sir!"

---

"When I was your age. . ."

"You whippesnapper!"

"Darn kids!"

"All of you children combined are younger than me!"

"I may be a traitor, but even I don't deserve to be berated by this many old men. I'm outta here!"

---

"Hello Marth. My name is Wrys, and I wish to help you in your fight to reclaim your throne."

"Wrys, the game's over already."

"Looks like I overslept a little. My apologies, Your Highness."

---

"All these little boys--"

"--and girls--"

"in one place. It's like a dream come true!"

"Yes indeed, sister!"

"Didn't brother and sister learn their lesson already?"

---

"Hey Wolf! Long time no see!"

"Hey yourself, Roshea! I got a nice paycheck from my gig, and they even let me keep this card!"

"It was fun working with you, sir!"

"See you later, Caesar!"

"Who was that guy?"

"He was one of my generic subordinates. He did a good job."

"Ugh. . .I'm never eating a Bottled Doezu again!"

"Who are you?"

"My name's Jeorge, but I somehow wound up on the same set as Wolf. I had to play a cheerful archer. You have no idea how hard it is to be manically happy all the time."

"I hope you got a good paycheck out of it!"

"Well, of course! Now I can buy a complete set of Silver Bows for my mantle! See you later"

"Yo."

"Aran?"

"No, I'm Sedgar, short stuff."

"Why are you in that armor, Sedgar?"

"Laura used a Sleep staff on Aran, and he never woke up. I stuffed his body in a broom closet, and pretended to be him for the rest of the adventure."

"Hey Sedgar. Get any good things?"

"Well, there's this Wishblade. . ."

"What kind of lame name for a weapon is that?"

"It's a really nice lance! It's what every Javelin wishes to be!"

"But Wishblade? It's a lance that no one here can wield. Leave it in Tellius."

"Yes, Wolf. There's also these Silver Lances. . ."

Roshea left his two superiors to sort out Sedgar's stash. Some goddess had petrified everyone, and while no one was looking, Sedgar took their weapons. There would be plenty of money for their unit now!

"I'm back!"

"Vyland? Where's Hardin?"

"No clue. I lost him in Frelia. Some guy named Innes let me into their army. I never want to see another zombie again!"

"Er. . .right."

"The amazing Hardin has returned!"

"Commander! You're back!"

"Of course I am!"

"I thought I'd lost you in Frelia!"

"Oh. Vyland. Hi."

"Where did you go, Commander?"

"I found myself in a very interesting place! There were magical weapons, a young prince, demons aplenty. . ."

"Why am I having a hard time believing you?"

"Sir, are you from here?"

"Why yes, my fellow turban brother. By the way. . .is your name Clefi?"

"Yes it is. Why do you ask?"

"Ernesto is worried about you. To get back to where you came from, run off the edge of the map here, then take a left. . ."

". . .got it. Thank you, senor."

"Don't ever call me that again."

Roshea and Vyland could only stare at the retreating back of the mysterious figure in the turban. Where DID Hardin go?

"YOU IDIOT! YOU USED ITEM BREAK ON MY WISHBLADE!!!"

It looked like there were bigger things to attend to. Roshea sighed, then grabbed the nearest ropes he could find. Once Wolf and Sedgar started fighting, nothing sort of tying both of them up would stop them. At least it was better than the green-haired girl that kept chasing him around the map.

---

"Welcome to Port Warren!"

"Ooh, the Port Warren mascot! I want your paw print!"

"Right away!"

Inwardly, Roger sighed. He could endure the life-sized brown Great Dane suit for another three months. . .he hoped. It was better than five years of hard labor for a crime he didn't commit. Who WAS the distributor of 100% Legal Grape Juice?

---

"You got a signed snuggie by Four Axes and a Sword, along with a life-sized poster, every song they've ever produced, and a replica sword? Why do I even bother with you?!"

"Would you rather I be arrested by Marth and his convoy?"

"UGH!"

"Brother, I think it would be best to stay single."

"I agree."

"That kid with the green hair hasn't said a word since we saw him. I wonder what happened to him?"

"I think it is best that we don't know."

"(Even though I'm not under the influence of Tiki Chews, I can still hear you if I concentrate. This makes me happy.)"

It means you're close to death.

"(Is that why I heard you in the prison cell?)"

Duh.

"(Well, at least I can die happy.)"

. . .or you got good at zoning out. Given the way this continuum is going, I'm certain it's that.

"(You read ahead, didn't you?)"

Of course. I'm not allowed to disrupt this universe THAT much.

"(I don't care, as long as I have someone intelligent to talk to.)"

At least everyone knows why you never said anything to your comrades in Archanea.

---

"Ugh, there's water in my ears!"

"Next time, don't go swimming in your armor!"

"Yes sir."

---

"I'm glad this story is over. I'm also glad that thief was distracted by another pretty face. Now I can fade into obscurity, like I did last time."

---

"Ah Lena, there you are!"

"Brother?"

"Why did Marth put you in that awful sweater?"

"You knew?"

"Of course! I know my little sister has better taste than that!"

"Then back then. . ."

"I was teasing you, silly! It looks like you've grown. That makes me happy."

"Oh, brother. . ."

---

"Jake?"

"What?"

"Running around with that ballista is hard work."

"Totally."

"Next time, we should show up as normal classes."

"I agree."

---

"Thank you again, audience, for making Four Axes and a Sword a resounding success! As long as our fans are loyal, we will be loyal right back!"

"YAAAY! WE LOVE YOU!"

---

"MARTH?! WHERE IS MY MAGIC FISHING NET?"

"Oh dear. . .where DID it go?"

---

"Abel, have you seen Cain around?"

"Nope. You?"

"Not at all? I'd ask Jagen, but he's out cold."

"Who's that over there, training recklessly?"

"I'd say that's Cain, but I know Cain can't wield an axe."

"Ah, so the man who challenged me was named Cain?"

"Uh. . .who are you?"

"My name is Kieran, and I am with the Royal Crimean Knights!"

"Kieran, this is Altea."

"Really, Oscar?"

"My name is Abel."

"What in the world?!"

"Frey, we'd better tell Marth about this."

Meanwhile, in Crimea. . .

"Yikes, everyone's so strong! I've gotta train harder!"

Back in Altea. . .

"Cain's missing, and this Kieran's in his place? He looks and acts enough like Cain, so he can stay. . ."

"Nonsense! I must return to Sir Geoffrey immediately!"

"Convoy! We have our next case!"

And thus, Marth and his convoy started a new case - the Case of the Wrong Red Social Knight.

===

Final Stats

Any stat with a star next to it means that I used a stat booster on it.

Name           Level  HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Luk  Def  Res
Marth          26.37  37   18    0   16   19   24   13    0
Caeda (Pal)    11.23  37   14    0   22   25   25   13    6
Roshea (Snp)   14.02  57   19    1   25   19    7   11    3
Rickard        23.09  29   16    0   10   19    6    5    1
Radd (Swd)     13.11  48   20    1   20   25   15   15    3
Linde (Sag)     9.77  35    3   15   15   17   22    4   10
Castor (Bzk)   16.05  46   26    0   16   20   12   14    0
Tiki           20.98  35   14    2   18   18   20    5   11
Tomas (Snp)    14.08  45   15    1   23   22   13   11    4
Merric (Sag)   11.84  41    3   18   20   21   22    7   12
Palla (Swd)     9.38  44   23    1   28   25    7   12    7
Est (Pal)      10.43  35  *25    1   23   25   22   15    9
Catria (Pal)    8.36  41   21    1   25   25   17   17    8
Lena (Sag)     13.52  26    3   15   21   12   26    5   15
Maria (Sag)     6.70  25    3   11    8    8   19    6   17
Norne (Drk)     4.05  32   13    1   15   22   12   14    4
Gordin (Pal)    5.81  39   14    1   17  *15   15   15    6
Xane            2.28  19    3    1    2    8    9    4   10

Merric changed classes for one level, but I don't think it impacted his averages much. Roshea and Linde never changed classes (rather, Roshea did not level as a Cavalier, was reclassed, and never left Archer/Sniper). The major points are the fact that Est got Strength blessed (17 at promotion), Tomas got really Lucky (the fact that his Speed looks like that is a miracle, because I had him classed as a Cavalier for several levels), Marth gained (relatively) good Skill, Norne traded some of her Strength for Speed, and Linde felt like being average. Overall, my units cooperated, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The star of this show is. . .

"ME!!! EXCALIBUR!!!"

Yes, Merric. Your Magic is off the charts, and everything save HP is at or above average. Honorable mentions go to Castor and the pegasus sisters.

Until next time! Thank you for reading!!

You know that you will have to write a sequel for when New Mystery of the Emblem comes out. And have Scooby die somehow.

"Scooby Doo and the Mystery of the Emblem"

Shaggy: Like, Zoinks, Scoob! Look at all those Paladins with Silver Lances!

Velma: Jinkies! If we can just find that Starlight tome.....

Shaggy: Scooby! You have to hold off those Paladins!

Scooby: Uh uh!

Velma: Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?

Scooby: No way!

Velma: How about two Scooby Snacks?

Shaggy: With that many Paladins he'll need five Scooby Snacks!

Velma: Five Scooby Snacks?! That's all I have left! But,it's our only chance.....

(The box of Scooby Snacks breaks, play broken weapon sound)

Scooby:Scooby Dooby Doo!

(Scooby fights the Paladins, one of them gets a 3% critical on Scooby, killing him)

Scooby:R-Raggy.....I.....love.....you.....

Shaggy: No! SCOOB! My best friend.....

Velma:Curse you, Emperor Hardin! We'll unmask you somehow!

Where are Fred and Daphne during all of this? They have just achieved their A Support and are making out in the thicket. Little do they know that a Manakete has just appeared from a nearby cave to the west.....

There's going to be not one, but two sequels. The first one will be the reunion one (which will really suck, because Tomas joins late, as are half the last set of recruitables). The second one will be Marth + all the kids (Est gets to come along, and I'm making a lone exception for Roshea, because it looks like puberty left him behind).

Also, I don't want to kill Tiki. During that run, Tomas and Tiki made a hell of a team (either Tomas was snipping away at an enemy's health so Tiki could insta-kill it, or Tiki walled, beat an enemy almost to death, then let Tomas gain a much-needed level). Something else will happen, though. . .but I'd like to read ALL the base conversations, for more ideas.