Who's The best Character?

Zynac

I was going to make this a poll but then realized I'd have to make a list of EVERY character in this game! This topic does not exclude non playable characters( in fact im about to argue for Black Knight/Zelgius, and im not spoiler taging this cuz i put ( spoilers in the description). It's simply about what your opinion of the coolest, best developed, or just plain funniest character. I just wanted to see other people's opinions so have at it!

My personal favorite character plot line wise, is Black Knight/Zelgius. With an epic and evil persona given to him in PoR you would have never expected one of your allies( Zelgius) to be the face of evil! But thats where the surprise is twisted further, because you could argue that he isnt evil, and thats where the greatness of this character is! The depth and contrast within the Black Knight make him human yet at the same time larger than life. He acts as the classic adversary to Ike, as they attempt to master the same sword style while fighting for different sides of a conflict. Also i felt sad when he died, even though i started the game with the sole intent of destroying him! thats what i call good writing

So like i said have fun( i havent seen many plot line discussions on the forums so i decided id start on biggrin.gif)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelgius is definitly up there for me, my top three, in no order cause they are all awesome is, Ike, Tibarn And Zelgius. 3 most badass characters in game.

Zelgius is definitly up there for me, my top three, in no order cause they are all awesome is, Ike, Tibarn And Zelgius. 3 most badass characters in game.

ummm wow...that is quite literally my top three( in no order)...( 4 and 5 are stefan and soren) thats really cool. Ike is definetly a great example of a FE hero though

Well, considering the Black Knight is, story-wise, the epitome of power and Ike is the only one who can best him, Ike would be.

Failing that, and possibly even considering that, probably Dheginsea.

EDIT: well for some reason I had this pegged as most powerful canonically vice gameplay-based. Uh, characters with character, Gatrie 80%. The 20% is my slight hesitation wanting to pick Levail.

Edited by Integrity

Soren, Elincia, and Tibarn. The first two are just as badass as Tibarn is, they just save it for when it's needed.

Ike and Zelgius lose points mostly because of each other. Zelgius for his double standards that make me want to smash my head through a wall (I'll never take an unnecessary life-- unless I want to prove I'm stronger than him!), and Ike because he keeps banging on about revenge while showing no signs of actually disliking the BK (happy that he survived? Really?). Both of them get points back for balls, though.

Yeah, Levail wouldn't have made the cut if not for his own double standards (laguz slaughter is bad, but if General Zelgius is okay with the whole world being destroyed, so am I!). He was exactly like Bryce too, down to his weapon and status as an optional boss.

Edited by Naglfar

Character-wise, it's Sephiran. Nuff' said.

Zelgius is just the typical good guy in FE that has a good reason to be a badguy. (See: Ishtar, Brunya & Selena). And now with 126216214621% more drama.

Lehran is pretty cool soul id say.

Soren, Elincia, and Tibarn. The first two are just as badass as Tibarn is, they just save it for when it's needed.

Ike and Zelgius lose points mostly because of each other. Zelgius for his double standards that make me want to smash my head through a wall (I'll never take an unnecessary life-- unless I want to prove I'm stronger than him!), and Ike because he keeps banging on about revenge while showing no signs of actually disliking the BK (happy that he survived? Really?). Both of them get points back for balls, though.

Yeah, Levail wouldn't have made the cut if not for his own double standards (laguz slaughter is bad, but if General Zelgius is okay with the whole world being destroyed, so am I!). He was exactly like Bryce too, down to his weapon and status as an optional boss.

Major points for balls. Ike wanted revenge in PoR, he somewhat acheived his goals, after realising no one could dare oppose him he wanted to fight a swordsman like BK, thus he was happy he survived.

Levail is probably bryce's son.

you forget this game is JAPANESE, killing some one to prove ur honor in an honorable duel is classic fuedal japan and the theme that BK v.s. Ike is based off of. Ike was glad because his greatest oppenent, his best chance to improve himself had returned and he could prove he surpassed his father. also Ike's admiting he was glad BK survived was part of the great death scene BK had which showed the truth of their relationship( no hate just an attempt to prove they had learned the sword style better and that they had surpassed their master). ( now look, just like any interpretation i cant claim that im right, and your opinion is totally fine, i simply disagree and wanted to state my reasonslaugh.gif)

you forget this game is JAPANESE, killing some one to prove ur honor in an honorable duel is classic fuedal japan and the theme that BK v.s. Ike is based off of.

...The fuck. That doesn't have anything to do. It's very clear Ike wants to beat him for his own statisfaction. Not for honor.

...The fuck. That doesn't have anything to do. It's very clear Ike wants to beat him for his own statisfaction. Not for honor.

his own satisfaction, as in the validation of his sword skills? which is a rather Japanese theme, any who that quote was about BK killing greil not being a double standard in fuedel Japanese logic

It's mainly that Ike feels like his Revenge was achieved in PoR, in RD he wants to fight someone he doesn't KO immidiantly. So Ike wants to fight BK again because he furthermore wants to train his sword, Zelgius is the only person who can offer this up as a challenge.

his own satisfaction, as in the validation of his sword skills? which is a rather Japanese theme, any who that quote was about BK killing greil not being a double standard in fuedel Japanese logic

Fire Emblem's got more of a medieval European setting anyway.

It's mainly that Ike feels like his Revenge was achieved in PoR, in RD he wants to fight someone he doesn't KO immidiantly. So Ike wants to fight BK again because he furthermore wants to train his sword, Zelgius is the only person who can offer this up as a challenge.

Ike still quite enjoyed mentioning that the Black Knight killed his father in FE10. I understand that they have to explain what's going on to the fools who hadn't played FE9, but still. Looking at the 4-E-2 dialogue, his motivation was a mixture of revenge and surpassing his father.

For what it's worth, I believe Ike specifically refers to the Burger King as a rival in the pt2-pt3 interlude while he was talking to Elincia.

For what it's worth, I believe Ike specifically refers to the Burger King as a rival in the pt2-pt3 interlude while he was talking to Elincia.

This is true to an extent, i think Ike was somewhat shocked, he admits to the BK in 4-E-2 that he felt odd emotions when he found out from Elincia that BK still lived

Guest Avarice

Why can't people ever just be satisfied with a good plot? It was pretty obvious that in Radiant dawn, Ike saw defeating the black knight as surpassing and proving himself worthy of the name of his father, his hero, the man who'd taught him everything he knew which was made clear when he asked if he had surpassed his father. Even in PoR's prologue Ike said that one day he would surpass his father. It was more of a selfish reason, but there's no reason why I should keep reading all this nonsense about double standards, it's not that hard to get over.

Meg. I have a strange obsession with Meg. Especially when I give her the Alondite and start calling her the Pink Knight, those were good times. I don't even know what it is really. Maybe her shortness, her plumpness, her semi-unique armor color?

2nd place would be Kyza. I mean I never use him since he starts out so crappy but I admire him from afar.

Thirdly...Aran. Or Makalov. Or Danved. They tie for third. Aran is hardcore. Makalov because apparently I have a thing for orange armored swords users. And Danved because, I mean come on, token black guy, he wears orange, and is just awesome.

I pretty much don't like anyone's plot. So this is all just based off of "I like you but I don't really know why."

Edited by acey555

This is true to an extent, i think Ike was somewhat shocked, he admits to the BK in 4-E-2 that he felt odd emotions when he found out from Elincia that BK still lived

And then there was IkexZelgius fanfiction.

Why can't people ever just be satisfied with a good plot? It was pretty obvious that in Radiant dawn, Ike saw defeating the black knight as surpassing and proving himself worthy of the name of his father, his hero, the man who'd taught him everything he knew which was made clear when he asked if he had surpassed his father. Even in PoR's prologue Ike said that one day he would surpass his father. It was more of a selfish reason, but there's no reason why I should keep reading all this nonsense about double standards, it's not that hard to get over.

I'm sorry, but at what point did you become qualified to tell me what I'm allowed to talk about? For starters, deconstructing and discussing characterization or plot points that I don't particularly like doesn't mean that I'm dissatisfied with the plot of FE10. Secondly, I never cited Ike's desire to surpass his father as a double standard, nor did anyone here have any problems with that part at all. And "it's not that hard to get over"? What the fuck? Do you suggest I "get over" my dislike of brussel sprouts? That's what you say to somebody who thinks a mild problem ruins a game/series or something, and nobody was blowing anything out of proportion, except perhaps for you. "All this nonsense". Really. One or two brief mentions. I'd also like to know which part is nonsense, I thought my reasoning was quite sound.

Shorter and considerably more polite version: Don't attack me just because I said something negative.

Guest Avarice

I'm sorry, but at what point did you become qualified to tell me what I'm allowed to talk about? For starters, deconstructing and discussing characterization or plot points that I don't particularly like doesn't mean that I'm dissatisfied with the plot of FE10. Secondly, I never cited Ike's desire to surpass his father as a double standard, nor did anyone here have any problems with that part at all. And "it's not that hard to get over"? What the fuck? Do you suggest I "get over" my dislike of brussel sprouts? That's what you say to somebody who thinks a mild problem ruins a game/series or something, and nobody was blowing anything out of proportion, except perhaps for you. "All this nonsense". Really. One or two brief mentions. I'd also like to know which part is nonsense, I thought my reasoning was quite sound.

Shorter and considerably more polite version: Don't attack me just because I said something negative.

No need to fly off the handle, I was mearly voicing my opinion on what I thought you meant. If I misunderstood you that's all you needed to say. I assumed you were nitpicking at the game and saying the plot and characters' double standards detracted from its overall enjoyability.

ohhh, shit. not really what i meatn to come out of that, more like...When Ike found out BK was still alive i'm pretty sure, at least from what he tells zelgius and from what Elincia tells him at end of P2 that it was like someone told you, your uncle(who had some dark secret about how to do something awesomely that no one else could do) who killed your father, whom you thought to be dead, was actually still alive. Obviously under these circumstances you would feel mixed emotions, mad because you wanted that man dead, but sort of happy because you could learn his secret.

Another reason Ike is not as mad about BK in tower is the fact he knows that BK is Zelgius, who is sort of friends with Ike. Imagine if your friend killed your dad, you were still friends with him but it happened 3 years ago. what would you do?

...ahem...Back on topic...

I've been told Mist is better than jellybeans. Seeing how I think those are pretty cool, clearly Mist is pretty great.

Personally, though, Mia and Marcia are the coolest to me (Female + Swords for one and Flying Pink Goddess (in PoR, anyway) for the other). To talk personality, though, um, I can't really say that I like many of them. I'll just go with Ike because he's the hero. In most games I tend to like the main character(s) the most almost no matter how bad they are. See Colette in ToS. (not bad in-game, I love Para Ball, just her story and personality a lot of people seem to complain about but I like well enough. p.s., responses to that should be in the Other Games board in a new topic, just in case anybody feels the need to respond)

...ahem...Back on topic...

I've been told Mist is better than jellybeans. Seeing how I think those are pretty cool, clearly Mist is pretty great.

Personally, though, Mia and Marcia are the coolest to me (Female + Swords for one and Flying Pink Goddess (in PoR, anyway) for the other). To talk personality, though, um, I can't really say that I like many of them. I'll just go with Ike because he's the hero. In most games I tend to like the main character(s) the most almost no matter how bad they are. See Colette in ToS. (not bad in-game, I love Para Ball, just her story and personality a lot of people seem to complain about but I like well enough. p.s., responses to that should be in the Other Games board in a new topic, just in case anybody feels the need to respond)

oh come on narga, you don't like anyone?? not even like Naesala? Or at least Oliver??

...ahem...It's supposed to be like tier list of characters, but in terms of plot Who thought anything could be more opinionated than FE10 tier list??