Unexpectedly, I ended up using Gaggles

Not that that alone is impressing...

So this is my first run, and I have him made a Curate seeing as how borderline useless he was after the Prologue. I arena staff spammed here and there, and giving him around 2-3 level ups per chapter until the second arena chapter arrives. There's where I finally get him to level 20. His stats were pretty horrible, with the exception of Luck, Res & great Def for a Curate. Since I had a Master Seal lying around the convoy- I promoted him.

He went from a Bishop to a Sniper with pretty screwed stats and slight blessings:

HP: 32 (-6)

Str: 7 (-3)

Skill: 12 (-3)

Spd: 12 (-3)

Luck: 12 (+1)

Def: 12

Res: 12 (+9)

I forged him a Steel Bow with a high critical boost and Mt. So he was doing pretty great afterwards, 1RKO'ing many enemies. I had him eat an Energy Drop later. And reclassed him to a Dracoknight for better Str & Def.

So as of now, his Str, Spd & Def are getting pretty blessed. Quite a few Mages tink him.

He ended up being a better bow user than Castor even though I didn't intend that. And actually, he's one of my best units, as of now.

My Lv 10 Gordin

HP: 25

Str: 6

Mag: 0

Skl: 8

Spd: 7

Lck: 8

Def: 10

Res: 0

:(

I Boss Abused him in the first chapter and ended up with this. At least he has an A rank in bows already. Maybe I'll reclass him into a Myrmidon or Mercenary to get up his sword rank then when he promoted, reclass him into a Horseman.

Here's my LV10 Norne for comparison (who also got BA'd)

HP: 23

Str: 7

Mag: 0

Skl: 4

Spd: 8

Lck: 10

Def: 9

Res: 0

I think she will end up as the team Sniper.

BTW, this is my long overdue "Gaiden run" where I attempt to get the gaiden chapters for the first time (except 24x which I already did). This is mainly to help myself get used to letting characters die w/o tearing my hair out and resetting.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my Gaiden run a few days ago (since I mentioned it in the thread, figured I'd talk about it, hope you don't mind Soul). The chapters were interesting and fun, but I don't think they were really worth it in the end.

The survivors:

Marth (obviously)

Lord
Level  HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res  
30/--  41  21   00   14   21   30   17   00

Marth capped lolLuck of all stats.

Abel

Paladin
20/17  51  23   01   28   24   11   18   06

Abel capped Skill. He was a total beast this playthrough. I guess I have to begrudgingly give respect to another cav. Crit'ing was a near constant for him. Like a Swordmaster on a horse and with a lance, that one.

Cain:

Paladin
20/10  46  19   01   25   24   18   16   06

Paled in comparison to Abel. I tried reclassing him, but nothing helped so I kept him in his original class. He was pretty much meh throughout the entire thing. Should've sacrificed him, but didn't for some reason.

Barst

Warrior
20/03  46  21   00   19   20   14   11   01

Promoted him late, but he was still a powerful one as always. I tried reclassing him into a Mercenary after I accidentally got Ogma killed, but I needed him as an axe user. He did what was expected of him, no more, no less.

Navarre

Swordmaster
20/10  49  19   01   24   25   18   13   03 

Did quite well, but not as good as my last pt. He didn't dodge as much as I'd like without terrain bonuses. Spent more time 2RKOing the 1RKOing so he needed forges. He did average.

Merric

Sage
20/10  43  03   17   19   21   16   07   16

I reclassed him to Curate since Wrys was sacrificed and I needed another healer besides Lena. He got to level 20 pretty quickly so I reclassed him back to Mage to get his Tome level up until a Master Seal was ready for him. He did good, but not as well as Linde.

Athena

Swordmaster
20/06  42  16   01   21   26   09   10   03

She was cool, I loved using her. There was a point where she was better than Navarre before he caught up and surpassed her. She made good use of Wo Dao forges and Levin Swords.

Julian

Thief
19/--  29  13   00   12   19   21   11   01

He's a Thief so you can't expect much. I did feed him some kills and got him to Sword Rank C. Then I forged him a high mt, high crt Steel Sword so he'd be capable of defending himself. He was like a mini-Swordmaster that killed, stole, and picked locks, heh

Lena

Bishop
20/20  27  01   19   19   19   29   05   24

Only unit to reach 20/20, but that's cause healers are always easy to train. Mages couldn't touch her. And she was good at killing non-javelin toting dracoknights and paladins.

Linde

Sage
20/06  37  03   20   14   20   20   04   10

Best Mage on the team. 30 avoid, but managed to dodge a lot anyway, and had more magical strength than Merric in the end. She didn't even have to use Aura much and killed Gharnef with ease. She'll always be a mainstay in my SD teams. She never disappoints

Gordin

Sniper
20/02  41  11   01   18   17   14   14   03

Gaggles blows. Should've been sacrificed. That's all I'll say about him.

Norne

Sniper
20/06  37  14   01   16   23   15   13   03

Norne was impressive. I wish I promoted her earlier instead of at the end so she could've really flourished. But she was a much better archer than Gaggles and doubled earlier than he did. She was also stronger than him. Did I mention Gaggles had 8 str at lvl 20?

I also kept Tiki, got Gotoh, and reclassed Ymir into a Berserker, but he came too late to be of use. Kept Elice alive and Aum Staff'd Minerva just because.

Honorable mention to Caeda. She survived to the very end, but got blasted by Medeus at the last second (intentionally since I wanted the "Artemis' Curse" ending for the Event Recap). Marth yelled "NOOOOO!" and struck Medeus down with the Falchion. Caeda was the best unit though. As a Dracoknight she capped str, skill, spd, AND def. She struck fear into the hearts of horseback and armored units with her forged Wing Spears. A true warrior maiden to the end.

Watching the Epilogue was depressing. It was a string of obituaries. But since this is the first FE run where I actually let units die, it actually felt like a war this time. And no war is without its losses. Something to think about.

Anyway, I just wanted to get this out there even though I didn't do an official playlog. Will I go for Gaiden chapters again? Probably not. Well....mayyyybe for Athena....

EDIT: Oh, I just realized does this count as a double post? Even if the last post was a little over a week ago? *gulp* Apologies in advance.

Edited by El Rey León

This is sort of a playlog, so you're probably okay with the double post. In any case, you didn't do it maliciously and were far beyond the edit time. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

He ended up being a better bow user than Castor even though I didn't intend that.

Well you gave him a forged bow and an Energy Drop...

One thing I noticed is that he got some easy heal-bot experience, which combined with the above made him useable.

I knew that Gordin wasn't a great character, but I really wanted to use a sniper, so I trained him once. Apparently, he got very blessed...

Gordin

Sniper

Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res

20/13 44 20 01 22 22 15 16 03

I was like O_o... I was amazed. And this is without any statboosters or RNG abuse. It's just natural level-ups. He regularly criticals, and almost always manages to 1RKO. (This is H2 difficulty, btw. I ditched Gordin in H5)

He's way better than Castor, who I gave up on after getting a couple no stat level ups. I've used Cord as a Horseman, and he always turns out great. The rest of my characters are doing pretty well, too, except for the failures Marth and Ogma... I'm on Ch. 15. I played through that then set it down for a while. I need to finish it I guess. (Oddly, the only modes that I've been able to successfully complete are Normal, H3, and H5.)

Cain

Swordmaster

20/04 43 15 01 25 24 9 10 03

Caeda

Dracoknight

20/03 29 12 00 18 21 22 14 03

Marth

Lord

17 30 13 00 12 13 19 12 00

Abel

Paladin

20/05 38 18 01 21 20 11 12 06

Ogma

Hero

20/02 44 16 01 21 17 11 11 03

Barst

Hero

20/10 48 22 01 27 23 15 15 03

Merric

Sage

20/20 50 03 20 23 25 26 07 22

Navarre

Swordmaster

20/05 44 19 01 19 24 17 9 03

Linde

Sage

20/13 43 03 20 17 22 24 04 11

Caesar

Sorcerer

20/20 42 07 15 17 25 13 06 14

Lena

Bishop

20/20 29 01 16 19 16 28 05 27

I'll raise Palla, Catria, and Est, also. I'm not a huge fan of reclassing, but I reclassed Caesar and Cain. It works out well. Okay... The tables aren't working out so well... Sorry if it's hard to read.

Okay... The tables aren't working out so well... Sorry if it's hard to read.

Use code tags.

Gordin

Sniper
20/13  44  20   01   22   22   15   16   03

If you don't, the site gets rid of extra spaces. Also in code tags (and the text area to create your post) each character takes up the same amount of horizontal space. But when you make your post, each character only takes up space based on how big the letter or number is. Hence, even if it did remember all the spaces you entered it wouldn't have worked anyway.

code tags work.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Use code tags.

Sorry to sound like a complete noob, but I have no clue how to do that. I'm limited to strikeout text, bold, and italics. (I came from the GFAQS boards, which only offer italics and bold) What kind of code tag would you use? I looked at the BB Code help menu and didn't find a table one. :unsure:

[ code ]

insert text here

[ /code ]

Sample

NAME    HP     SKILL
Bob     43     Occult

Edited by Darros

Sorry to sound like a complete noob, but I have no clue how to do that. I'm limited to strikeout text, bold, and italics. (I came from the GFAQS boards, which only offer italics and bold) What kind of code tag would you use? I looked at the BB Code help menu and didn't find a table one. :unsure:

Yeah, I meant my statement literally. The tag I want you to use is called "code". Hence, code tags.

Also, when you hit "reply", you get to see the format of somebody's post. In my previous post, I used code tags for you to see when you hit reply. Take a look at what I did then replicate it.

Ah. I see. Thank you. Alright, I'll retype it up so that it's readable.

Gordin

Sniper
20/13  44  20   01   22   22   15   16   03

Cain

Swordmaster
20/04  43  15   01   25   24   9    10   03

Navarre

Swordmaster
20/05  44  19   01   19   24   17   9    03