[FE11] Drafting Tourney II

Chapter 23(15/156)

This chapter was long and the swarm bishops were really annoying. I got the falchion, and I let the theives get the talisman and bullion so I could kill them for it. I could've done this faster, but I'm not going to restart it.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 19 Turns 5/118

Shiida reclassed to Paladin, and Jagen picked up the XL Buillion and Bolganone, as I don't need any more Master Seals. Shiida was MVP this chapter, killed Tiki with Dragonpike. Gaggles got to Lvl 20. Has 17 Defence O.o

Edited by General_Horace

Chapter 24(6/162)

This one was interesting. Abel was the only person that could ORKO the manaketes, all my other dracoknights just chipped with javelins until somebody could get a clean kill with silver. All my units are promoted now.

Endgame(9/171)

woohoo. This was straightforward except for medeus. Marth only did 22 damage to him and was ORKO'd in return. Here are my thoughts on all my units.

Marth-He was underleveled, because I wanted to have him using his full movement every turn

Abel- When everyone else failed, Abel came through, probably my MVP

Jagen-He had his advantages early on, then he was a good utility unit later.

Nabarl-He lacked speed at times, but he was very durable, and strong, he got to A swords for Murcurius

Hardin-His B in lances was very useful.

Vyland-I was very impressed with his performance, Once he promoted, I thought he was better than Hardin.

Caesar- He had a verrry slow start as a dark mage, but with a bit of resources, and favoritism, he turned out great.

Roger- His role was a chipper, and thus was underleveled, but he performed all right throughout the game.

Tomas- He was very iffy as a cavalier, but when he promoted, I switched him to Sniper, and he was my Parthia user. He wasn't too bad either.

Astram-He's actually pretty terrible. The only way he could become useful is by using silver/devil swords.

Lorenz-He was, by far, my worst unit. He was like Astram, except worse weapon ranks, and joins much later.

Est- Turned out to be one of my best units. I'm really glad that I drafted her. raising her in this sort of PT is really easy.

Athena-Like Navarre, she was a bit slow sometimes, but she was pretty good as a sniper.

The only thing I really missed in my team was a thief.

So, confirmed by the epilogue, my turncount is

171 turns

Edited by Core

Yep, the Boots are worth it. Also, Defense would have meant several chapters with a lower turn count for me (Marth was stubborn that way).

Horace, your maths be off starting Chapter 7.

Oh, and. . .

Gaggles for Skittles Tier

I'm sorry, but Team Skittles is already full, and Gordin's not in it. Once TSL finishes his run, I'll post the rest of mine (and maybe do a story run of Team Skittles).

Yep, the Boots are worth it. Also, Defense would have meant several chapters with a lower turn count for me (Marth was stubborn that way).

Horace, your maths be off starting Chapter 7.

Oh, and. . .

I'm sorry, but Team Skittles is already full, and Gordin's not in it. Once TSL finishes his run, I'll post the rest of mine (and maybe do a story run of Team Skittles).

Can you post your turncount? Or PM it to me since I just finished my run?

Yeah, Idk where you were looking, but I seem to have 6 turns for chapter 7.

Thanks for making me look anyway, because I found the other error.

Edited by General_Horace

Chapter 20 5/123 Turns

Marth ran across the river towards the throne, Draug took care of one General, Horace and Barts the other. Had Marth hold Mercurius and Starsphere to preserve uses. Palla fought some rounds at the arena, and Gordin blocked off the bridge after Jagen opened it.

Fun Fact: Jagen wasn't doubled and could take two shots from the Pallys. Shiida Wing Speared Camus, and recruited a Silver Lance. Got the Pachyderm for Beck.

Chapter 20x. Palla Promoted. There are a surprisingly few amount of enemies here. Got all chests thanks to Marth's movement.

Edited by General_Horace

Chapter 22: 10/151

Chapter 23: 9/160

Chapter 24: 10/170

Endgame: 7/178

I lost by 8 to Core, and in retrospect, I think it was mostly because I didn't do my homework and get the Boots. Overall though, I am happy with my quick run of this game. With full character and warp usage on normal, this looks like a game you could clear in around 130 turns.

Chapter 21 3/126 Turns

Stuck the Starsphere on Shiida, and gave her Gradivus, and she killed everything. Jagen went to the secret shop, where he bought the shop out of boosters, except for goddess icons, I want enough for the defensive boosters as well. Not much to it.

On a side note, if you use Gradivus to heal HP, it counts as a use, even with the Starsphere.

Chapter 22 8/134 Turns

Just charged the keep, used a whole bunch of stat boosters before, and Dracoknight Gordin was unstoppable.

Unit   Lvl  Exp  Class    HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res  Wep
Marth   19   36   Lord     35  16   0    14   14   20   10   0    A Swords
Jagen   9    22   Draco    24  8    1    14   11   4    13   3    A Lance E Axe
Gaggles 6    44   Draco    36  14   1    15   17   15   22   3    C Lance E Axe A Bow
Draug   5    86   Zerker   44  17   0    11   22   10   10   0    A Axe
Shiida  7    67   Paladin  42  18   1    26   25*  24   14   6    A Lance E Sword
Barts   6    61   Hero     41  18   1    26   22   12   14   3    A Axe D Sword
Wendall 10   22   Sage     27  3    13   5    16   8    5    8    A Tome B Staff
Boah    7    67   Bishop   23  1    5    8    11   7    5    12   B Tome B Staff
Horace  9    11   Horseman 28  16   1    17   16   9    8    3    D Bow E Sword D Axe
Beck    14   30   Shooter  30  10   2    7    12   9    17   0    Ballistae
Palla   3    37   Swdmstr  36  15   1    23   22   7    12   4    C Sword

Edited by General_Horace

And now, here is a unit review of my run such as Core did:

Marth: Very useful early on after power leveling in the prologues but faded midgame when he didn't get any kills and just ran towards the throne

Jagen: A great overall utility character. I used him in whatever role needed filled and he was useful

Cain: Cain was fantastic. Mine got speed blessed, but either way, I see Cain as a top 3 character in any tier list for drafting.

Merric: I personally think Merric is worthy of first round consideration. Getting him second round was a steal. Excalibur is great early game, he's a great Starlighter, and he can make a great Levin Sword user towards endgame.

Bord: Bord was average. I think I picked him too early, although is C rank in axes was great early on.

Darros: Absolutely terrible. I should not have picked him.

Catria: She was fantastic. Great Growths is worth it in these playthroughs.

Rickard: Theif utility. Useful enough for me.

Midia: Midling. About what I was expecting from her. She was an average to bad Sniper but the pickings were getting slim.

Xane: Wasted. I couldn't figure out a way to adequately make use of her talents in this sort of run.

Macellen: Worthless. Wayy too underleveled to help and his growths weren't good enough to get him out of it.

Etzel: Magic and Staff utility. That was about it.

I think that has to do with the fact that the Starsphere ONLY works on weapons. If you're using Gravidus to heal, it counts as an item use.

(Imagine how dumb it would be if the Starsphere prevented item use. You'd only need one Master Seal for the game!)

Xane is a he, not a she (even if he acts like one sometimes).

I think that has to do with the fact that the Starsphere ONLY works on weapons. If you're using Gravidus to heal, it counts as an item use.

(Imagine how dumb it would be if the Starsphere prevented item use. You'd only need one Master Seal for the game!)

Xane is a he, not a she (even if he acts like one sometimes).

I actually never thought of the Master Seal scenerio....

See page one.

The goal of a drafting tourney is to complete a game in as few turns as possible. You take turns picking characters, till there are none left. All people can use certain characters that would give players a distinct advantage if drafted (Marth, Jagen). There are other rules listed on the first post if you are interested.

And here's my take on my drafted characters:

Marth - Awesome early game, then couldn't kill anything late game due to getting speed screwed. Needs a big level buff in the prologue, or else he's screwed. Should wear the boots 100% of the time.

Jagen - Your best unit early on (Silver Lance), fades quite a bit, but can still do some decent chip damage late game, and his utility is second to none.

Gordin - Mine got blessed in defence, and was a good unit once he hit level 15, but his early game is relativly decent, a steel bow hit sometimes means that you can avoid a couterattack. Dracoknight Gordin is taking 3 damage from silver lances late game.

Draug - Slow start, but once he starts doubling, he's off. Almost unstoppable upon promotion. Could have gone higher IMO.

Shiida - I had my doubts about taking her in the first round, but it payed off. The Wing Spear is incredible, and you get lots of them.

Barts - Gamesaver early, I could see him going in the first round. Awesome bases are too hard to ignore. He had a period where he stopped doubling, but then he promoted into a Hero, and is absolutly deadly.

Wendall - His healing early game is useful, but honestly, I have only used Excalibur about 5 times in my playthrough. Base speed is awesome, was going to use him to take on Gharnef, then I had to feed him speedwings because he didn't gain in it at all.

BOAH - Actually kind of useful to have around, having two staff users is VERY useful.

Horace - Definatly good have gone higher in the draft. Low HP, awesome offence as a Hero for a prepremote. Only knock is weapon levels.

Beck - Great late round pick. Good for killing those out of reach fortify curates.

Palla - Not as great as I anticipated, couldn't double till promotion. The things she could double she couldn't kill. (Minus mages)

I would have maybe wanted a thief next time, to pick up extra treasure.

I forgot I drafted Maria, and I think Jeorge. I took one look at Maria's Bases and just let her sit in her cell, she isn't worth quite a few extra turns. Should have picked Etzel. And nobody is going out of their way for a prepremoted Sniper with crappy bases, and crappy growths.

IMPORTANT EDIT:

The_Steel_Lance has completed his run, 173 turns. He also forgot the boots. No access to a computer to post himself. Eclipse, are you going to wait till I finish my run to post turn count, or are you ok with posting it now, so I can see if I have to beat a lowturn count other than Core's.

Edited by General_Horace

Horace, please finish your run. You've got a good chance at winning outright, and there's a reason why I stopped at Chapter 18. I don't think you need my help!

I have an extreme urge to post Eclipse's turncount

I'll post my turncount AND what I did once you finish your run.

Core: Once I do post, please resist the urge to kill me.