[FE9] Draft Tourney

Ether

Prologue 5 turns.

Not much to say.

Chaper 1 5 turns.

Titania took out the boss and a couple of enemies while the others cleaned up.

Chapter 2 6 turns.

I love having Oscar around. Anyway, started to make use of bands. Ike has been alternating between Priest and Fighter, while Oscar so far has been alternating between Paladin band and Archer. Pretty simple chapter to complete.

Chapter 3 10 turns.

It's a little tricky beating this chapter quickly without Shinon and Gatrie. Anyway, I did very well here and got the Thief Band.

Chapter 4 5 turns.

Titania was a god here, while Ike mostly finished off anything else. Again, little to say here. Got the Javelin. Rhys and Soren died here, so no Mend staff.

Chapter 5 6 turns.

Used the Speedwing on Oscar and the Seraph Robe on Ike. Anyway, Ike almost died due to carelessness, but I got lucky and got the Hammer. Unfortunately, Shinon had a bow equipped and I didn't realize it, so a soldier attacked him and Shinon countered. It didn't die though.

Chapter 6 10+2 turns (2 is the penalty from the last chapter).

Ok, Boyd died. Let's get that out of the way. Otherwise, not much to it. I cleaned up really well and Titania managed to ORKO Emil. I did very nicely here and got a Poleax and Short Spear out of it too.

Chapter 7. 11 turns.

Got Mia. And I unequipped her. Anyway, I took all of Shinon's stuff and I got the Miracle scroll and the Armorslayer. It was actually quite easy and thanks to wise use of bands, I got good stats all around for Oscar, who was nearly equal to Titania. He got a B in lances, so I say he's very well set.

So far my Character Levels are:

Ike 10/0

Titania --/6

Oscar 12/0

Posting stats for them soon.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?! But I unequipped all their weapons! I can't get a penalty for that. They may have entered combat, but Shinon has Provoke and the like. It's next to impossible to avoid having them get into combat.

And those enemies attacked something else other than your drafted units. That's the problem. On at least one turn, enemies acknowledged the presence of your undrafted units. Your undrafted units altered the course of the chapter. Something happened that was different than if you didn't have them. They made a difference. Since they caused something different to happen, they were "used". That is what a drafting tournament is attempting to avoid. Using non-drafted characters. When you use them, you get a penalty.

You'll have to wait for the others to make a judgment on whether or not you deserve a penalty. If the other participants are happy playing this way, that's one thing. If anyone else managed to do this thing properly, though, shouldn't that mean you deserve a penalty?

Characters you have not drafted may not be fielded unless they are recruiting a character on the map(Rolf in chapter 19,as an example)

Forced characters who you have not drafted will incur a penalty if used,ally and other characters can be left to their own devices,if you so desire.Undrafted characters cannot shove,rescue or heal drafted characters,but they may do so for undrafted characters.

Ex.Neither Marcia or Rolf are drafted on your team.In chapter 9,you may have Marcia rescue Rolf and hide without a penalty if you wish.

Combat or healing with an undrafted character will always incur a penalty.

The rule seems pretty clear to me. It's a 3 turn penalty for Boyd. Also Shinon is 4 turns early game.

Edited by oval

Well all my characters got attacked at some point.

I'm gonna drop out.

But in the future, do you have advice to prevent that from happening? Because I tried to have them hide somewhere. The enemies can just catch up to them due to the cramped spaces.

Just try to have them avoid the enemies the best you can.I`m fine with you retrying the chapters to try having them less exposed, just try to figure out a way to keep enemies away from them.

Meatshielding is a bad rule for draft tournaments because those units shouldn't exist on your team. Maybe some games it is impossible to avoid forced undrafted units getting attacked, but not this one. I actually kind of doubt that it is impossible in the other ones, too, but I've never tried playing fe6 with only 2 or 3 units and I've never played fe7 at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...