Calling all duelists!

Light Lord

Well, I was already thinking that many people stopped playing Yugioh games or play with the cards, but today I was left without words.

So I thought of making this topic to contact people in Serenes Forest that STILL play the game (either videogame or card game) and maybe to arrange a few duels for those that play the videogames in Wi-Fi.

Anyone interested, here's the topic, you know what to do.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me! ME!

I still play the actual card game and the video games. The latest DS one at least.

Luckily I've been able to find three card shops that hold tournaments the only problem being able to attend them on time.

Currently I'm using a Rock Stun Koa'ki Meiru deck and I'm also building a Broken Saber deck since X-Sabers are broken.

I'd probably be up for a couple duels but probably not through a DS game or anything like that as the card database on the games I played were horribly limited that I could never make the deck I had IRL. But if you've got some online play method that's easy to pickup and has all cards, I'll play. Note that my YGO Knowledge is pretty much limited up to like.... the pack that brought Treeborn Frog and those Egyptian God wannabes.

I play it both on the DS and the actual card game too!

Well, i stopped playing on Wifi Because there were so many people cheating, but i still play the DS game sometimes.

Right now i'm using an Blackwing deck, And i was planning to make a FGD deck but i gave up since Yugioh cards are very expensive(In my country that is).

Edited by Viyut

I don't play as much as I used to, but I did play real-life against a friend and cousin on May (because playing against anyone else would mean a Synchro (or tribute of monsters from the grave) on my face at the first turn I have 1% chance of beating). I have all the GBA/DS games until WC 2008, but I prefer to play WC 2006 for GBA from time to time.

Note that my YGO Knowledge is pretty much limited up to like.... the pack that brought Treeborn Frog and those Egyptian God wannabes.

That would be Shadow of Infinity. Since then, everything got broken and richkidder with all the Gorzes, Honests, Synchros and stuff.

That's true, and it's the reason i always have at least one Stardust Dragon, to counter those other synchros and to negate dangerous cards like Mirror Force.

Oh, hello!

I'm waiting for the Fabled monsters (ALL of them) to get over here. They're a ton of fun! Supposedly, Raven's in the next pack, but I get the feeling he'll be hard to pull. If I pull enough copies of him, I'm doing Dark World Chaos. I'm not sure what I'll run otherwise.

I'm on at weird times, so I doubt I'd be able to duel any of you. It's good to see other duelists up and running!

Note that my YGO Knowledge is pretty much limited up to like.... the pack that brought Treeborn Frog and those Egyptian God wannabes.

Yeah I understand you. I tried to keep up to date with cards, but things have changed quite a lot. I still remember when everything you needed to win a duel was Blue Eyes Dragon or Dark Magician haha.

Well, noticing some duelists are coming up I should try to figure out how to make the duels happen.

This is the real hard part, because we don't live in pretty close cities all of us (take me for example, I live in Mexico).

So, those who play the videogames, the answer is obvious, wi-fi.

For those that play the actual card game, let me thing of a way for it, but it will take some time.

I accept recommendations tough, if anyone has one.

I believe that only Grimro, Kruz, Kushano, Lurrie, that one guy that destroys a monster whose defense is lower than its attack, and Valkyrus will be available in Hidden Arsenal 2.

We just need the The Fabled cards and they'll wreck the tournaments like nothing.

I still play the card game, but my deck is comprised entirely of old-school cards, so I'd probably get pwned by someone with a bunch of new-fangled cards in their deck...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Raven's supposed to be in the next set, so it should be playable (but it's not going to be awesome until those cute little beasts and Leviathan show up).

So far, I've got everyone save Kruz and Gallbadas (I remember his name because I can't pull him to save my life).

I play Yu Gi Oh Virtual Duelling online for fun sometimes. If anyone wants to play after I get my new computer and get my decks I'd be down for that. I use a variety of different decks, ranging from gimmick decks, to straight up beat down decks, to "mobility" decks.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I've been thinking of starting some duels. Tomorrow I'm available from 7 to 11, anyone interested, PM me.

As for the ones that play the card game, I thought of using MSN, but it may prove a bit difficult. Here are the reasons why:

-I haven't confirmed if using webcams is useful in these conditions, but I'll try it in a few days.

-Not everyone has webcams, which will make it really difficult once again.

-Without a way to see the actual play on both sides, some people may cheat (it actually happened to me).

I'll try to think of something else for this one. Those that play Wi-Fi, look for my FC in 2010 and PM.

I play YGO since it was first released in Austria with the first decks of Kaiba and Yugi o.o

Since then, I've played lots of the game, and in RL as well, but since some years I haven't really got the chance to play with someone in reality. I haven't found anybody who plays it anymore in my area aside from younger pupils, and it would look stupid for a 19 year-old boy to pick on younger ones with cards <.<

I own the latest championship game, but I don't really play Wi-Fi or anything at the moment.

There are two decks I use in RL right now (even if I can't play with them), an "Elemental Hero mixture" and a "Six Samurai/mixture" deck, with main spots on warrior-type monsters.

The main deck I use in the 2010 championship game also focuses on the Six Samurai, but I found a way to make them even more useful o.o:

since the Six Samurai support each other, they are harder to destroy, and this works pretty well for Synchro summons. Try it out, the Six Samurai rock^^

Okay, I've been thinking of starting some duels. Tomorrow I'm available from 7 to 11, anyone interested, PM me.

7 to 11 PM in which time zone? We're all over the world!

To those who are interested, the upcoming banlist. Now this isn't 100% for certain but this is what was made out from some scans and so far it does seem legit. Also my comments and such.

Banned:

Rescue Cat - Good. This cute little cat has been a huge problem.

Heavy Storm - No idea why this is banned when Cold Wave is kinda better

Brain Control - WAY too easy to instantly turn the duel around.

Substitoad - Frogs got hit by this getting banned but they can still go on.

Limited:

Black Whirl Wind - Why? Personally I feel 2 was fine.

Royal Oppression - Ugh... Konami does know that the meta is based on Special Summoning like crazy right?

Infernity Launcher - Infenitys will get hit hard and lose their FTK potential. Will most likely make them less playable.

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - This thing is just evil. Nuff said.

Monster Reborn - Not too sure about this one...

Dark Hole - Why was this limited?! It's basically freakin Raigeki!

Semi:

Mystical Space Typhoon - Interesting...

Chaos Sorcerer - Twilight decks will resurface a bit.

Snipe Hunter - Nothing to comment on.

Ojama Trio - Same as above.

Magic Cylinder - Now this interesting. I wonder how two Magic Cylinders will affect the game.

Unlimited:

Black Rose Dragon - Plant-hime decks rejoice?

Goblin Zombie - No comment

Cyber Dragon - Should be interesting.

Treeborn Frog - No comment

Royal Decree - No comment

United We Stand - No comment

X-Sabers will most likely be Tier 0... Except in Japan since they lack Emmersblade and Brokensoul-I mean Darksoul. Faultroll and Darksoul must be dealt with since they allow X-Sabers to OTK like nothing at no cost.

Goddamn it Konami. You sure do suck at times.

My turn!

Banned:

Rescue Cat - Thank you for slowing my deck down, Konami. I don't see any plans to make any more of my favorite critters, so why did this have to happen?

Heavy Storm - Er. . .what?

Brain Control - Oh for crying out loud. . .well, at least it makes things a little more unsafe.

Substitoad - Whee? Why not put this at one?

Limited:

Black Whirl Wind - Were Blackwings really that annoying?

Royal Oppression - Well, Solemn Warning is out, but this is a bigger threat.

Infernity Launcher - Since I couldn't pull one to save my life, yay.

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - But I want one!

Monster Reborn - Oh, this is lovely, since Royal Oppression is down to one.

Dark Hole - Field nuke? I don't like the looks of this.

Semi:

Mystical Space Typhoon - I guess? I think I'd rage harder if this had been left alone while Heavy Storm went to banned.

Chaos Sorcerer - There's something I'd like to use him for, but the cards haven't come over yet.

Snipe Hunter - This goes in my Fabled deck. Now.

Ojama Trio - I guess people weren't pulling the OTK shenanigans with this card as much. Still, it looks like it could be irritating.

Magic Cylinder - I didn't see this card very often, so putting it at two probably won't change that.

Unlimited:

Black Rose Dragon - This AND Dark Hole? This is. . .dumb beyond belief.

Goblin Zombie - Okay, now bring Mezuki back!

Cyber Dragon - This should make my friend happy.

Treeborn Frog - Hmm. . .Frog decks with three of these and no Substitoads? Well, looks like D3S Frog isn't as much of a joke card.

Royal Decree - Hmm. . .is Konami trying to get at something?

United We Stand - Power Tool and Ben Kei say thank you.

Rescue Cat lets you search out two monsters and instantly gives you an advantage more times than not. Most decks that use this card are fast enough most of the time such as Gladiator Beasts, Fabled, and X-Sabers to name a few.

I hate how Konami doesn't care about any meta other than their own since X-Sabers will dominate and they are responsible for making X-Sabers being broken.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

I duel too. I just gotta build me some decks. I will be using YVD if anyone is interested. I luv me Crusader of Endymion.

Current Decks I run

Enymion

Zombies

Six Samuari

My turn for opinions!

Rescue Cat - Kinda bummer but oh well

Heavy Storm - LOL don't care

Brain Control - Probably a good idea but we'll see..

Substitoad - Never even heard of this card so eh.

Limited:

Black Whirl Wind - Will wait and see.

Royal Oppression - Yay, more Sreacial Summoning for every deck ever Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Infernity Launcher - Never played the Infernitys, so doesn't affect me.

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - TI hear bad things about this card, so cool.

Monster Reborn - Game breaker this will most likely be. Free special summon is broken

Dark Hole -We get our Rageiki wannabe back! It has no place in my decks like ever.

Semi:

Mystical Space Typhoon - I like this card so I'm happy.

Chaos Sorcerer - I remember you! Completely useless atm.

Snipe Hunter - Yummy.

Ojama Trio - LOL ojama

Magic Cylinder - Maybe burn decks get a slight boost. They need it.

Unlimited:

Black Rose Dragon - No comment

Goblin Zombie - Needs moar Mezuki

Cyber Dragon - This might balance things or wreck it. Who knows.

Treeborn Frog - Shit I know five people who abuse this to maximum affect. Helldry.gif

Royal Decree - Not a great card really anymore.

United We Stand - I see some hilarious combos with this one. What was that WAR monster again?

Edited by IntegerZero

I'd be happier if they'd make more cards in one of my all-time favorite decks. . .but I don't see that happening, and Rescue Cat made the deck I use, well, usable. It doesn't need to be hindered any more!

(Monster Reborn, Dark Hole and two MSTs make that deck happy)

I'm liking the return of Chaos Sorcerer. Before I stopped playing, he hit the banned list for some reason =\

He was a part of the infamous Chaos era, where he, BLS, and CED wrecked the metagame because of their ludicrously easy summoning requirements. 1 dark and light for free specail summon with nuking yes plz. He is nowhere near as good as BLS and CED, but he fell under the same category.

7 to 11 PM in which time zone? We're all over the world!

Yeah, I forgot that fact.

I live in the Mexico City-Mexico time zone.

It's kind of late to answer, so I'll be moving it to Friday, same time.

So, YVD is up to date?

I'll guess I'll give it a try then.