Calling all duelists!

Light Lord

Yeah, I forgot that fact.

I live in the Mexico City-Mexico time zone.

It's kind of late to answer, so I'll be moving it to Friday, same time.

So, YVD is up to date?

I'll guess I'll give it a try then.

Mexico City is GMT -6. . .and is on DST.

Normally, I wouldn't be able to make it. However, moving it to a Friday means I might be able to (yay for random midweek holidays).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you going to do YVD, WC 2010, or something else?

I'm liking YVD up to now with the updating card database, but I'm still having some troubles running it online, I need some practice.

In WC 2010 I have some more experience and it seems like the easier way for me right now.

Okay, I finally got YVD and installed it in my computer.

However, I'm having problems running it in my computer, it says there's no connection.

Anyone knows where can I find a booklet? The webpage is really slow and when I finally chose the topic, my Internet is gets stucked and I have to restart it.

Okay, I finally got YVD and installed it in my computer.

However, I'm having problems running it in my computer, it says there's no connection.

Anyone knows where can I find a booklet? The webpage is really slow and when I finally chose the topic, my Internet is gets stucked and I have to restart it.

Dunno which of these will help, but I think your answer is in one of the two links:

http://xerocreative.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36457-yvd-frequently-asked-questions-and-runtime-errors/

http://xerocreative.com/forums/index.php?/topic/116-yvd-routers-port-fowarding-connection-problems-and-firewalls/

According to their forums, YVD's manual is in the YVD folder (you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read it).

Thanks eclpise, it helped a lot.

Okay guys, I have seen the card database for YVD and definitely I'll be using it (if college doesn't get in the way of course). I've been reading the manual and maybe we shoudl define which is the easiest and comfortable way to duel using the YVD.

I think maybe server would do, but you need an account on Xerocreative. I also read you can get IPs to duel that player.

Any ideas on which way is comfotable, easy and safe YVD duelists?

I still play the GBA games, but that's it, since my real deck disappeared. Currently, my GBA deck is doing well. Pretty awesome since I just restarted today. Beat Evil Bakura dude in like three turns. Of course, I DID summon Black Luster Soldier AND Blue Eyes White Dragon on turn 1... it was an awesome starting hand.

But since I lack both a DS game and a good DS WiFi connection, I can't duel anyone here :\

Try YVD. It runs on your computer, and the pack lists are pretty current.

I look into it. I've never really done much real person vs. person dueling, bar playing my friends where we pretty much pooled our cards and pulled random crap out, choosing a couple cards we definitely wanted in our decks, so deck building wasn't huge, but it definitely seems interesting.

I've been thinking about it and maybe it would be cool to make a tournament.

I'll try to search any info on this in YVD (hoping my computer stops freezing in the page).

If it's possible, maybe I'll begin to post a date. I'm pretty sure the duels will be held in YVD.

Just a few things, how many duelists do you guys think would be nice to have in the tourney?

Also, let me know if you know of a way to avoid having troubles with time differences in our countries.

I've been thinking about it and maybe it would be cool to make a tournament.

I'll try to search any info on this in YVD (hoping my computer stops freezing in the page).

If it's possible, maybe I'll begin to post a date. I'm pretty sure the duels will be held in YVD.

What exactly are you looking for? If it freezes for you I can take a look.

Anyway, I think the best way to do it would be to use YVD, simply because it's possible to save logs. That way, the opponents would agree on a day, time etc. to hold their duel, then announce the results here. In case they contradict each other with the resutls, they have to post the logs.

Just a few things, how many duelists do you guys think would be nice to have in the tourney?

Also, let me know if you know of a way to avoid having troubles with time differences in our countries.

As for the number of participants, do you want to make it league-like or a simple tournament mode with elimination rounds? If the latter, an even number would be good I think.

Timezones are a problem, but it's not that bad I think, especially on weekends it should be possible for two persons to come to an agreement.

I would be grateful Kaoz. Basically I wanted to search for info regarding tournaments in YVD, if there are any rules or conditions. I'm starting to wonder if my connection has problems with the page. It's still freezing quite a lot.

I need sometime to get this thing running, since I have exams this next two weeks at least.

Hmm the forums there are protected, so I can't view them and there isn't much else on the site as far as I can see.

I think you're making this more complicated than necessary though...

-have people sign up here

-make a tournament table/league etc.

-give the respective opponents a timeframe in which the match has to be played (1 week or something)

-the players agree on a date within that timeframe

-after the duel they post the logs here

That's the easiest way to do it I think.

There are a few more points though:

-advanced or traditional format?

-does a player have to use the same deck for the whole tournament?

Decks are a bit iffy as I don't think YVD has deck codes (when it has I didn't see them yet), so I think the best way to do it is that everyone either posts his/her deck here or pms it to someone, then it's possible to compare those lists with the logs and see whether a card different from the list was played. This is only a problem when a player may only use a singles deck the whole time though. Otherwise it's easy to see whether a banned card was used.

Timezones are a problem, but it's not that bad I think, especially on weekends it should be possible for two persons to come to an agreement.

Have everyone post their time zone (relative to GMT) during sign-ups. It should make arranging a time frame easier.

I'm in an extremely awkward time zone. Things could get really messy if I challenge someone from Europe.

Thanks Kaoz, yeah you're right, I think maybe I wanted to complicate things way too much.

I'll get into the rules and anything useful for the tourney as soon as I can.

For the meantime, anyone interested in entering could post at least her/his time zone.