League of Legends

Kedyns Crow

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greatgame.jpg

Guess who learned how to play as Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~

I'd recommend you take a Stark's Fervor rather than stacking Phantom Dancers as Phantom Dancers are expensive and stacking them has a point to where they provide nothing but dodge and movement speed, which one is unreliable and the other you have excess of.

I'd recommend you take a Stark's Fervor rather than stacking Phantom Dancers as Phantom Dancers are expensive and stacking them has a point to where they provide nothing but dodge and movement speed, which one is unreliable and the other you have excess of.

Stark's Fervor doesn't fit into my build, really. Crit Strike and Attack Speed is important, and dodging attacks works relatively well for catching others by surprise. Was thinking about replacing the Frozen Mallet with another Bloodthirster, though. SO MUCH LIFESTEAL AND DAMAGE PER HIT.

Would have had to change my entire game if someone like Jax were in the game, though. :V

In other news:

greatgame002.jpg

DON'T STOP ME NOW I'M HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME, I'M HAVING A BALL

Edited by Esau of Isaac

That's pretty impressive. Your teammates scores make me lol though they don't even really have the assists to prove they did much. Sucks that your team lost though.

Edited by Joey

That's pretty impressive. Your teammates scores make me lol though they don't even really have the assists to prove they did much. Sucks that your team lost though.

Yeah, I was caught by the entire team and frozen in place. Highlander couldn't save me. D:

And yeaaaaah, they weren't the greatest teammates. >__>

Stark's Fervor doesn't fit into my build, really. Crit Strike and Attack Speed is important, and dodging attacks works relatively well for catching others by surprise. Was thinking about replacing the Frozen Mallet with another Bloodthirster, though. SO MUCH LIFESTEAL AND DAMAGE PER HIT.

Actually, if attack speed is what you're going for, the benefits of Stark's is incredible. Firstly, Stark's gives that awesome armor reduction on all nearby enemy champions, essentially 20 AR Pen but also applies to all allies attacking that champion. It also provides attack speed and life steal. All three of synergize well with an attack speed build which you're evidently focusing on.

Actually, if attack speed is what you're going for, the benefits of Stark's is incredible.

No it's not, it's like middle of the road. A Phantom Dancer gives me literally everything my Yi needs. Well, everything but an increase in Attack Damage. But that's not incredibly important here.

Firstly, Stark's gives that awesome armor reduction on all nearby enemy champions, essentially 20 AR Pen but also applies to all allies attacking that champion.

But 20 AR Pen isn't so great compared to being assured a critical hit with every strike, with like 2.2 made a second.

And I don't want to help others, I want to help myself exclusively. :V

It also provides attack speed and life steal. All three of synergize well with an attack speed build which you're evidently focusing on.

But the attack speed is reduced, and I could get better lifesteal with a different weapon instead.

No it's not, it's like middle of the road. A Phantom Dancer gives me literally everything my Yi needs. Well, everything but an increase in Attack Damage. But that's not incredibly important here.

But 20 AR Pen isn't so great compared to being assured a critical hit with every strike, with like 2.2 made a second.

And I don't want to help others, I want to help myself exclusively. :V

But the attack speed is reduced, and I could get better lifesteal with a different weapon instead.

20 armor reduction is as effective as an increase in damage. Also, the movement speed becomes redundant after a while.

60% at roughly the same rate compared to 90%, while the 60% has the benefits of the enemy having reduced armor and extra life steal. I also notice that nobody bothered to buy a thornmail, which deals damage pre-mitigation.

:/ Solo queue works like that.

The difference in attack speed is an invisible .034%, also Stark's provides an amazing 20% life steal, the highest base and max outside of Bloodthirster.

Sources for Attack speed: Stark's vs Phantom

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Master+Yi/67548a3f74fa06069120a1f272f410c1

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Master+Yi/568718399954924b8fc90da45feeb94f

Edited by BK-201

hilarious with friends applied.

Especially when your opponents rage or someone acts like a retard in general.

Yeah, I was caught by the entire team and frozen in place. Highlander couldn't save me. D:

And yeaaaaah, they weren't the greatest teammates. >__>

3/17 tryn and 6/20 tristana are da bess. There's so many things wrong with trynd's build and even Tristana has a pretty meh build as well.

DONT QUESTION THE MAN

IF YOU GO 42/4 YOU ARE DESERVING OF NO QUESTIONING. LOL

Well, here's the thing. I noticed he's level 15 and around that level you're mainly playing against people who don't really know how to counter other heroes yet and/or are still learning the game. Heroes like Yi, Kat, Eve, etc will just demolish players like these but once you start playing matches with like 30s and just mid-high ELO ranked matches in general the metagame really changes up as you start going against opponents who at least have some sort of grasp on the game those said heroes are kinda meh in those types of matches(Kat and Eve at least, Yi isn't too bad in upper-tier matches, he can still be viable)

Don't get me wrong though, that is still a very nice score.

Well, here's the thing. I noticed he's level 15 and around that level you're mainly playing against people who don't really know how to counter other heroes yet and/or are still learning the game. Heroes like Yi, Kat, Eve, etc will just demolish players like these but once you start playing matches with like 30s and just mid-high ELO ranked matches in general the metagame really changes up as you start going against opponents who at least have some sort of grasp on the game those said heroes are kinda meh in those types of matches(Kat and Eve at least, Yi isn't too bad in upper-tier matches, he can still be viable)

The point I'm really trying to make is, as you advance people learn to counter. When I see a Yi as a tank, I usually think about Thornmail unless they go AP which I haven't seen. Thornmail is an item that give 100 defense, and returns 30% pre-mitigated auto attack damage for the price of 2000 gold. Stark's Fervor would be a much better choice due to it's 20 armor reduction aura.

20 armor reduction is as effective as an increase in damage. Also, the movement speed becomes redundant after a while

The movement speed is important in catching those heroes that manage to get away. With my Move 2 Berserker's Greaves, I'll need some help if I don't feel like chewing through mana after every kill to track down the next baddie with Highlander.

60% at roughly the same rate compared to 90%, while the 60% has the benefits of the enemy having reduced armor and extra life steal. I also notice that nobody bothered to buy a thornmail, which deals damage pre-mitigation.

60% is certainly not the same rate compared to 90%. The reduced armor isn't relevant, and the extra lifesteal is a perk, but given that I already attack at crazy speeds, it doesn't really matter. Unless there are multiple enemies and I'm at a ridiculously low level of health, I'm just not going to need it because of how quick he attacks.

The difference in attack speed is an invisible .034%, also Stark's provides an amazing 20% life steal, the highest base and max outside of Bloodthirster.

So then if the speed doesn't matter much and 60% crit rate is fine, and the lifesteal is important, then why not go with two Bloodthirsters instead?

AS is only 1.998, but I'm doing 331 damage and the Lifesteal is a full 50%. Or, alternatively, I could just get an Infinity Edge. I'd be down a bit, but my crits would do massive damage. Using your own link: In five seconds, your own plan only has 4193 total damage, with a paltry 838 DPS. Even my original build of three Phantom Dancers beats that out at 5054 damage, or 1010 damage a second. And sure, you'd say that Lifesteal is important, as you receive six hundred more life than my build at 1887, but if so then I can just use the Bloodthirster example which has 2644. And if I were going for highest total DPS, then I could just go with replacing one of them with the Infinity Edge, which has 6833 damage over five seconds, or 1366 DPS.

And if I wanted really high DPS, then I guess I could get rid of the Frozen Mallet and go for a Last Whisper, which gives me 7513 damage in 5/s, or 1502 DPS. I could kill most heroes before they even know what's going on. :V

Yeah, I tend to have middling results when I play with friends that are higher level (as I assume that if they start the games, you get higher level players), and come out with normal scores in such cases. Like 6/2, or something. Nothing amazing.

Don't get me wrong though, that is still a very nice score.

Earlier today I got what I thought was a pretty good score at like 7/0, but that was because none of my pals believed I'd gotten good with Yi, so we played 3x3 with one another and I carried my team to total victory. :awesome:

The point I'm really trying to make is, as you advance people learn to counter. When I see a Yi as a tank, I usually think about Thornmail unless they go AP which I haven't seen. Thornmail is an item that give 100 defense, and returns 30% pre-mitigated auto attack damage for the price of 2000 gold. Stark's Fervor would be a much better choice due to it's 20 armor reduction aura.

I used to go AP Yi. Heard he was the absolute best that could be put together. It was pretty cool, I could get a nice kill string going when I'd Highlander then have a Lich Bane proc, Wuju Style followed by a Lich Bane proc, and finish with an Alpha Strike. You could get Multi-kills easy.

But then everyone started saying that AD Yi is super high-tier now, so I stopped using AP. I can barely even remember the items I used to get. :V

Edited by Esau of Isaac

The movement speed is important in catching those heroes that manage to get away. With my Move 2 Berserker's Greaves, I'll need some help if I don't feel like chewing through mana after every kill to track down the next baddie with Highlander.

60% is certainly not the same rate compared to 90%. The reduced armor isn't relevant, and the extra lifesteal is a perk, but given that I already attack at crazy speeds, it doesn't really matter. Unless there are multiple enemies and I'm at a ridiculously low level of health, I'm just not going to need it because of how quick he attacks.

So then if the speed doesn't matter much and 60% crit rate is fine, and the lifesteal is important, then why not go with two Bloodthirsters instead?

AS is only 1.998, but I'm doing 331 damage and the Lifesteal is a full 50%. Or, alternatively, I could just get an Infinity Edge. I'd be down a bit, but my crits would do massive damage. Using your own link: In five seconds, your own plan only has 4193 total damage, with a paltry 838 DPS. Even my original build of three Phantom Dancers beats that out at 5054 damage, or 1010 damage a second. And sure, you'd say that Lifesteal is important, as you receive six hundred more life than my build at 1887, but if so then I can just use the Bloodthirster example which has 2644. And if I were going for highest total DPS, then I could just go with replacing one of them with the Infinity Edge, which has 6833 damage over five seconds, or 1366 DPS.

And if I wanted really high DPS, then I guess I could get rid of the Frozen Mallet and go for a Last Whisper, which gives me 7513 damage in 5/s, or 1502 DPS. I could kill most heroes before they even know what's going on. :V

But then everyone started saying that AD Yi is super high-tier now, so I stopped using AP. I can barely even remember the items I used to get. :V

I'm pretty sure you already have enough speed with two to catch up to anyone.

Same rate. Armor reduction is relevant around Thornmail as you'd otherwise end up impaling yourself.

A bloodthirster would work, but Stark's Fervors benefits to your team is significant, as that's how you end up winning games.

Theoretical situations don't account for counters is the problem. Thronmail is considered the best counter to DPS Yi as it returns damage before mitigation, the theoretical situation doesn't account for that.

That works.

Yi really isn't super higher tier due to his ability to be countered easier. I've never found Yi a really big problem unless fed as he's extremely item dependent.

Merc Treads (against a team that has stuns) and 3 move boots are also considerable choices on Yi, especially the 3 move ones due to being a melee hero and whatnot.

Also, on an unrelated note, I recently watched this:

MUNDO DOWNSIZE WHAT HE PLEASES

Merc Treads (against a team that has stuns) and 3 move boots are also considerable choices on Yi, especially the 3 move ones due to being a melee hero and whatnot.

Also, on an unrelated note, I recently watched this:

MUNDO DOWNSIZE WHAT HE PLEASES

I thought it was "downsizes as he pleases". Anyways, epic skin is epic.

I tried out that two Phantom Dancers, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, Infinity Edge, and Berserker Greaves build. Got myself a 31/12/5. Would have been higher, but this Akali+Ryze combo was hurting my brain. :V

I'd totally post a picture, but I think I've been doing that too much. >__>

Not bad.

But lulz, my first two games as KogMaw I go 16/2/15 and 11/2/6. That's ridiculous.

KogMaw at the moment is glitched as Bio Arcane Barrage deals physical damage as opposed to what it says in the description. Therefore to counter him is harder than before since BAB and Razor make up the most of his damage.

After like my first 5 games of having a 3:1 ratio as Kogmaw I finally go negative as him in one game and the sad thing is over the course of the entire match our team had like 4 kills as opposed to the other team's 25 and like 2 of those kills were mine. Yes, that's how retarded my team was.