[FE9] Draft Tourney 2

Ether

The problem with that is that I have Ilyana.

Yeah, I saw tormod and thought Ilyana, I guess. I was thinking with the timing of Ether saying about Z's earth, and Z having Ilyana and Muarim as options...

Anyway, he could still take Rhys for Mia (if nobody else does in the next 7 picks) and The Wandering Mercenary could still grab Brom, so technically Zihark can still utilitize his Earth (though he'd be tied to a 5 -> 6 move unit with hefty terrain penalties that is harder to shove). He even picks next so nobody can stop him.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I've just kind of been drafting on a hunch and a whim. I'm used to supports never coming into play at all in speed/draft runs (from GBA experience), so I totally forgot to even look for them. :facepalm:

I'll be honest, I've just kind of been drafting on a hunch and a whim. I'm used to supports never coming into play at all in speed/draft runs (from GBA experience), so I totally forgot to even look for them. :facepalm:

Yeah, um, keep in mind that you'll be deploying these units and that's all they actually need to gain supports (rather than spending dozens of turns adjacent). And since you were in the position of getting two picks at a time, there were times you could have used that to get support pairings. Meh.

It's only been a couple of days, and the weekend. He probably hasn't even signed in because he's off doing other things. I'm not fussed with waiting, it gives me a little more time to unlock some bands. If by say, Tuesday or so, he's still missing, maybe we think about pressing on then, but now seems too soon yet.

I'm sporting the awesome and wonderful Team Laguz. Tormod's almost a laguz too, or close enough to count in my book. If I'd taken Zihark instead of Mia... lol. (Would have been an awesome themed draft, though slightly less awesome gameplay-wise, I think. Could be arguable. That said, I didn't really know what my draft strategy was until it happened, so...)

Also, I'm starting to play the early chapters, since it's just Ike&Titania solo, it should just be standard business and not matter at all who gets handed down to me as very last pick.

I'll figure out updating and formatting frequency... eventually.

I am slightly confused. Kleine said Krad was going to have to autodraft Rolf since there was no Fin, but on the list on the first page it says he has Geoffrey on his team. I was hoping to draft Rolf, but I am not sure if he is still available at this point... The lists say he is but in the discussion previously he wasn't...?

The dots under the words mean it is the acronym function. Rolf is still available At the moment, don't worry. Scroll over the words with dots under them, and another message should show up. Sorry about the confusion, but Geoffrey has been taken, Rolf hasn't.

The dots under the words mean it is the acronym function. Rolf is still available At the moment, don't worry. Scroll over the words with dots under them, and another message should show up. Sorry about the confusion, but Geoffrey has been taken, Rolf hasn't.

Also, if you can't get the secret message to show up, just hit "reply". Then look at what the other person typed in the quoted part of your new post. You can see it then. You don't have to actually submit your post, though. Just hit cancel afterwards if you don't want to post at that time.

First reports are in!

Prologue

Turns: 5

Penalties: 0

Comments: Standard

Stats:

Ike:      2.67, 19,  6,  1,  6,  8,  6,  5,  0

Chapter 1

Turns: 3

Comments: Titania collects Steel Sword, Speed Wings. Ike gets some nice dodges in, kills. Standard turn 3 seize.

Stats:

Ike:      3.53, 20,  7,  1,  7,  8,  7,  6,  0
Titania:  1.38 BASE	

Chapter 2

Turns: 4

Comments: Oscar rescues Rhys. He and Boyd chill southwest. The myrmidon follows Ike instead. Get some nice kills, then the cavalry arrives.

Stats:

Ike:      4.73, 21,  8,  2,  7,  8,  8,  7,  0
Titania:  1:89 BASE	

Chapter 3

Comments: Switch Fighter Band to Titania, Knight Band to Ike. Keep trying till Ike crits that Fighter by the house (only takes like 3 attempts). Titania grabs elixir. Gatrie and Shinon hide in the east. Ike moves towards Marcia, healing and counter attacking, while Titania blazes forward. Accidentally counterkill boss on turn 4 Enemy Phase. Ike hadn't talked to Marcia... restart.

Tryover (four or so more attempts for crit, I got nice and lucky). Ike gets a crappier level, but things proceed more or less the same. Don't even put Titania in Boss range this time (it's a clean 1RKO with Steel on Player Phase, so...)

Note: Marcia costs about 2-3 turns here to recruit her later. She will make up for this, I'm sure.

Stats:

Ike:      5.99, 21,  9,  2,  7,  8,  8,  8,  0
Titania:  2:49, 34, 12,  4, 14, 15, 12, 11,  7	

Chapter 4

Turns: 2

Comments: Ike takes Thief Band, Titania takes Knight Band. Titania only brings the Iron and Hand axes, to make room for picking up dropped goods. Gatrie rescues Rhys in lower right, Shinon rescues Soren in upper right. Ike attacks Fighter at south edge, Titania kills Steel Lance dude. Swarms happen, then Titania works over the Boss.

Stats:

Ike:      6.54, 22, 10,  3,  7,  9,  9,  8,  0
Titania:  3:42, 35, 12,  5, 14, 16, 12, 12,  8

Chapter 5

Turns: 6

Comments:

Ike moves NE heal hedge, Titania Hand Axes the Archer.

Ike retreats to defend square, pops a vulnerary. Titania takes the Iron Axe to the western cavalier.

Ike moves south one square, into range of something. Titania kills the west archer and moves back full speed eastward.

Ike moves SW and takes a Vulnerary, Titania uses Javelin on enemy Javelin Soldier, cantos SE.

Titania acquires Goddess Icon from enemy (Iron Blade on the enemy phase), Ike Steel Swords an Archer.

Ike retreats to the HealHedge and uses a Vulnerary (his Iron Sword breaks on the EP). Titania kills a Javelin dude.

Only 1 Javelin dude and 1 Archer managed to survive the chapter.

Stats:

Ike:      8.59, 23, 12,  3,  8,  9, 10,  9,  0
Titania:  4:92, 36, 12,  5, 15, 16, 13, 12,  8

Chapter 6

Comments: Titania carries Ike all the way before dropping him off so she can double and counter kill boss and also let him escape. (I found out the hard way Titania cannot escape on the post kill canto.) She manages to escape first (for extra BEXP?)

Stats:

Ike:      9.04, 24, 12,  3,  9,  9, 10,  9,  0
Titania:  5.93, 37, 13,  6, 15, 17, 13, 12,  9

Chapter 7

Turns: 7

Comments: Yeep, tough level. I must have tried dozens of different variations on the general theme, trying to shave off just one more turn, but if it's possible with this team, it's beyond my skills to achieve. Some of the turn-by-turn got a bit fuzzy, but this is roughly how it went.

Turns 1-2: Titania heads west, Javelins the Steel lance dude, and kills folks on EP. She procs strength allowing her to counterkill ORKO both knights to the west next turn after taking out the Javelin soldier with her Steel Axe. Ike heads north, Mia self recruits, grabs Fighter Band and Iron Blade from Ike and critkills the fighter. Ike then kills the Chest Key.

Turn 3: Titania kills the archer she lured down from the chest rom on her way to the center, Ike joins and brings up regal sword, Mia tags along and vulnerary's. A crit kills an armour unexpectedly, leaves the other where Mia can take it down with Iron Blade.

Reinforcements come.

Turn 4: Gatrie and Shinon hide in the chest room (the soldier guarding it doesn't move). Titania kills a Myrm and positions to counter kill the boss (and everyone but the priest and javelin knight as well). Ike positions to kill southern soldier, and Mia will take the mage.

Turn 5: Titania kills Priest, cantos to counterkill those Western armours. Ike heads north and vulnerary's. Mia positions to take the soldier. Since she gained a strength, she's not so weighed down, and can now double the other mage with the iron blade, meaning that while it brings her to 2 HP, she will Vantage kill the soldier.

Turn 6: Titania wounds Javelin armour, heads back west.

Turn 7: Titania kills thief positions to counter-kill last dude. Ike kills the armour.

Stats:

Ike:     10.55, 25, 12,  3, 10, 10, 10,  9,  0
Titania:  7.10, 38, 15,  6, 16, 18, 15, 13, 10 
Mia:      7.86, 22,  8,  0, 11, 14,  6,  7,  2

[spoiler=Nice Level, Titania]GFEJ01-9.png

Edited by Balcerzak