Weapons's Mafia

WeaponsofMassConstruction

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear to god we're still going to be in D1 come September.

...Okay SSP, you're my friend and all and I'm not used to Mafia here or the unlimited day phase thing either, but CHILL OUT man. <_< Day One has been going for just over 24 hours. This is average for Day One as far as I've observed. If anything, Day One typically lasts right up to deadline, which is usually, what, 72 hours? We've gone barely one-third that amount of time and you're already complaining like crazy. I'm sorry I'm one of the people that's not the aggressive type, especially this early on in the game, but if you're SO insistent that we need to get this moving despite Day One having only gone for a bit over 24 hours, then I'll follow my own suspicions and ##Vote: Tables.

There, are you happy now? >_> I voted someone, though it's probably not someone that's gonna get a bandwagon. It is someone I'm not too sure of though, so I'm sticking with it. But seriously SSP, chill out a little bit. We've only been playing a little over 24 hours. This is still normal, even if we did have a deadline.

My concern is that D1 is when the game should be bustling. There's plenty of opportunities just waiting to happen. And of course, we need to be on our toes and thinking here because someone that nine people agree on is going to be difficult to come by. All I'm really trying to do is make D1 useful. That's all.

P.S. I know I look like I'm legit pissed off, but I'm not. <_< This is how SSP acts in mafia games.

Claiming bomb, IMO, isn't really a smart move, and is something a mafia member would do to get clears (since no one in their right mind would shoot the bomb). Yes, it gets the town a clear, but if the d00d is mafia, then town is a la screwed. I'm still half suspicious of that claim, Fayt.

##Unvote SSP

##Vote Fayt/Cocytus

Claiming bomb, IMO, isn't really a smart move, and is something a mafia member would do to get clears (since no one in their right mind would shoot the bomb). Yes, it gets the town a clear, but if the d00d is mafia, then town is a la screwed. I'm still half suspicious of that claim, Fayt.

##Unvote SSP

##Vote Fayt/Cocytus

don't vote hiiim

Honestly, I find nothing suspicious about the way Cocytus is acting. He's always like this on day 1 in mafia. Always.

Also, as far as Life's claim goes, I'm not sure what to make of it, and think we should wait before either claiming to him or lynching him. As for the cop, it depends on what information you receive from your investigation. If you get the complete role PM, then I think you should investigate him, and trust the results, because it seems to me that the godfather's fake PM would be for a regular townie, rather than a power role. If all you receive is "guilty or innocent" then don't bother investigating him at all. If he was going to turn up guilty, he wouldn't have said anything.

##Vote JB25.

I really don't like that last post of yours. Fayt isn't necessarily claiming bomb, and even if he did, it wouldn't make him clear, because we don't even know if there IS a bomb in this game. It feels like you're bandwagoning to try and get him lynched on flimsy evidence.

All I've said is that the mafia doesn't want to shoot me, and the vigilante sure as heck doesn't want to shoot me.

But yeah, that's just how I play the game. An inch from the lynch? The closer I am to danger, the further I am from harm.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and ##Unvote, Vote Drunk Goth Girl. If for no other reason than to shut him up.

[...]

but if you're SO insistent that we need to get this moving despite Day One having only gone for a bit over 24 hours, then I'll follow my own suspicions and ##Vote: Tables.

There, are you happy now? >_> I voted someone, though it's probably not someone that's gonna get a bandwagon. It is someone I'm not too sure of though, so I'm sticking with it. [...]

I have to say, seeing that vote there came a little out of the blue. I'm okay with being suspected, since it gives me a chance to (try and) clear myself, but that didn't come with any explanation. I'd like to know what (if anything) in particular you're suspicious of.

Anyway, SSP does seem to be acting weird to me, now that I think about it. He's right that we need to get a lynch, but being this aggressive, this early, strikes me as odd, from the two games I've played with him.

And DGG has still yet to contribute ANYTHING at all to the game asides from trying to wind people up. Both of them have my FoSes at the moment.

Finally, Dracohon's last post makes a lot of sense. I don't think I want to vote JB25 based on it just yet, but certainly, I'd consider it if he gets a few more votes and he's said a bit more and doesn't look too great based on it.

"Sure as heck don't want to shoot me" sounds like he's trying to say "Shoot me and you'll suffer a terrible death!". Or he could be mafia trying to lead the town to shoot each other in the face. I get the feeling that it's the second option, which is why my vote will stand. And go ahead, vote me to die, you'll see nothing but a dead townie.

See, here's the problem. As I see it, we're in a state of frozen speculation and are, quite frankly, getting essentially nowhere. I have been consistently guaranteeing you a way to get more definitive D1 evidence, but...somehow it's failing. I suppose I'm just too used to CARA stuff.

As I see it, EVERYONE is a good candidate for a bandwagon right now - including myself. With that said, a bandwagon is far different from a lynch. The problem is that the bandwagoning method becomes far, far less effective the more random, thoughtless speculation there is beforehand.

Nobody's going to be able to bandwagon/lynch their top suspicion. New, fresh, definitive evidence will not come until there's a consensus.

As I see it, EVERYONE is a good candidate for a bandwagon right now - including myself. With that said, a bandwagon is far different from a lynch. The problem is that the bandwagoning method becomes far, far less effective the more random, thoughtless speculation there is beforehand.

That much I understand. And I suppose that I agree with it to a point, especially without time limits.

A question for Weapons: Will the day end as soon as we have a majority, or is there going to be a grace period of say 2-3 hours before we lynch the person?

I really hope that it's the latter, because I don't want to start a bandwagon without intent to lynch, get up to 8 votes on the guy, and then have a random mafioso come in and lynch the guy without us having a chance to make sure that that's what we really want to do.

I've been busy for the past day. Someone want to explain what Fayt's been softclaiming?

Read the post JB made above you, it's pretty much that. To me, it means doc, cop, bomb or possibly mafia.

And regarding SSP... I'm actually beginning to think he's right. Almost nothing has happened since I was last on. But we're still less than 48 hours in, so it's not terrible. We should probably be aiming to get a lynch going somewhat soon, though.

All I've said is that the mafia doesn't want to shoot me, and the vigilante sure as heck doesn't want to shoot me.

But yeah, that's just how I play the game. An inch from the lynch? The closer I am to danger, the further I am from harm.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and ##Unvote, Vote Drunk Goth Girl. If for no other reason than to shut him up.

great idea there genius

the more you post, the more you show you're terrible at this game

didn't know being aggressive and an asshole made you male, care to tell me more about this wonderful find of yours?

I think I minced my words a bit there. By somewhat soon, I meant in the next 24 hours, but, whatever. If we let the day drag on too long, the game will just get boring, so we have to actually act, methinks. But if we want a Bandwagon, I can't say I support it being on Cocytus. SSP, you're looking better to me now - I can't say I think you're town, but I'm no more suspicious of you than anyone else. DGG still hasn't contributed anything of value.

My vote is still on her until she can convince me otherwise. I wouldn't mind a bandwagon on her, actually.

A question for Weapons: Will the day end as soon as we have a majority, or is there going to be a grace period of say 2-3 hours before we lynch the person?

When a majority is reached for a lynch, the game will move into twilight. During twilight, you may keep talking, but you cannot undo the lynch. Twilight ends and goes to night whenever I see the majority and post flavor and flip.