Dealing with unhappiness.

Celice

The unhappiness in my life comes from my low self-esteem and the realization that I'm a weak person. I pick myself up when I try to offer as much help as I can to anyone around me. It fills the void, that is the purpose of my life (that I haven't found yet because I'm 15 ._.)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find a lot of people are overwhelmed with information. What's going on in the world, all the injustices... it makes people unhappy they exist and frustrated they are essentially powerless to stop it, so it eats away at them and makes them depressed.

While I'm not saying you should just be completely uninformed about current events, I think not caring that much is very healthy.

"Oh, huh, interesting" and move on.

I find a lot of people are overwhelmed with information. What's going on in the world, all the injustices... it makes people unhappy they exist and frustrated they are essentially powerless to stop it, so it eats away at them and makes them depressed.

While I'm not saying you should just be completely uninformed about current events, I think not caring that much is very healthy.

"Oh, huh, interesting" and move on.

are you trying to say, ignorance is bliss?

Edited by Nightmare
Spelling

If one were to have an unhappiness, and know a way to making it disappear, would you take the opportunity to do so--assuming you really do know the exact way of causing the unhappiness to change.

I like where you guys are going so far.

It depends on why the unhappiness exists. If it's for a valid problem, then the only reason I should make it go away is because I solved the problem. I view it as a way of how to tell when I'm not doing all I desired and should be doing. If it's for a valid reason but something I can't solve (like someone I loved died), then I'll try to come to some sort of resolution by handling it better or just letting time pass- but I wouldn't make it disappear without going through the intermediate stages. If I'm just being unhappy because of something a bit silly or trivial or something I can't or don't intend to do anything about, then I'd consider making it disappear; it's not helping me in anyway.

My life (In the 14 years of it) has been throwing things at me like crazy like if it wants me to commit suicide or something. (In other words my life is kinda of a hell.)

Hm... I've only been depressed once or twice and (it was noticeable to others) what I did was to talk to my friend about it.

For some reason I go to my friends for this kind of help for then to my family. blink.gif Talking to someone helps a bit or (in my case) being around your friends.

Some other things that help me are listening to music,practicing with my lance and bow,lying down,or just take a ride on my motorcycle.

Usually I tend to forget why I'm sad in the first place and these things help me out a lot.

The biggest one is being alone. Seriously I ISOLATE myself I don't even eat for the whole day. (That my friends is dedication.) I usually go off into the field behind my house and just wander around.

"Life is not good. Some people are just lucky enough to believe that." (I forgot who said that unfortunately.)

My life (In the 14 years of it) has been throwing things at me like crazy like if it wants me to commit suicide or something. (In other words my life is kinda of a hell.)

Hm... I've only been depressed once or twice and (it was noticeable to others) what I did was to talk to my friend about it.

[s]For some reason I go to my friends for this kind of help for then to my family. blink.gif[/s] Talking to someone helps a bit or (in my case) being around your friends.

Some other things that help me are listening to music,practicing with my lance and bow,lying down,or just take a ride on my motorcycle.

Usually I tend to forget why I'm sad in the first place and these things help me out a lot.

The biggest one is being alone. Seriously I ISOLATE myself I don't even eat for the whole day. (That my friends is dedication.) I usually go off into the field behind my house and just wander around.

"Life is not good. Some people are just lucky enough to believe that." (I forgot who said that unfortunately.)

would you expand on what life has been throwing at you? or would you rather keep this a private matter?

as for bolded, who goes to their family if they have a problem? my dad just feeds me BS and expects me to believe it(and i act like i do)

talking with friends is really good, i know a guy who's 22(maybe 23) and as a teenager hes young enough to relate to me, but has some intelligent stuff to say and never forces an opinion down my throat.

nice quote btw.

Personally, I'm a guy who has the crazy subconscious idea to have really high standards for myself, standards I know I can't fill. So really, whenever I try to do something I'm not good at, I tend to get a little bit depressed. But my biggest source of this horrid crap is my literally non-existant love life. I'm... really quite bad at the whole intergender interactions thing, and it weighs heavily on me. I try to keep a somewhat positive "hey it should happen eventually right?" attitude, but sometimes it just slams me.

What I usually tend to do to help with this is give myself a good ol' dose of Megumi Hayashibara laced with whoever else plays on the iPod (Boston works wonders as well), and generally just hang out with people. Another thing that can basically fix any current emotional inconveniences is combatives (Kinda like wrestling), but I don't exactly know anyone who has any like for the sport. Making it basically an NA option. D:

Personally, I'm a guy who has the crazy subconscious idea to have really high standards for myself, standards I know I can't fill. So really, whenever I try to do something I'm not good at, I tend to get a little bit depressed. But my biggest source of this horrid crap is my literally non-existant love life. I'm... really quite bad at the whole intergender interactions thing, and it weighs heavily on me. I try to keep a somewhat positive "hey it should happen eventually right?" attitude, but sometimes it just slams me.

What I usually tend to do to help with this is give myself a good ol' dose of Megumi Hayashibara laced with whoever else plays on the iPod (Boston works wonders as well), and generally just hang out with people. Another thing that can basically fix any current emotional inconveniences is combatives (Kinda like wrestling), but I don't exactly know anyone who has any like for the sport. Making it basically an NA option. D:

Do you really want a significant other? There's plenty of good and bad that go with it.

How old are you? ages really vary on this site, if your 16 and dont have a love life its k, but if your 45...its not k...

I'm 19 yo. And it's not quite that I don't currently have a love life, but that I only had one for about 2 months total during my whole life so far...

I'm 21 and have had none yet, therefore I should be way more depressed.

I'm 19 yo. And it's not quite that I don't currently have a love life, but that I only had one for about 2 months total during my whole life so far...

well its not horrible, your not even 20 so things cant be to bad. i talk to girls fine, growing up with 2 older sisters kinda helped i guess, just stay normal unless you cannot have a convorsation without sexual mention or cursing

I'm 21 and have had none yet, therefore I should be way more depressed.

fuckin nerd get a life jk jk

I really wish I knew how to properly deal with my chronic depression. My current habit of misinterpret, brood over it for a week and then overreact next time something similar happens is giving really bad results. Being able to change would be nice.

fuckin nerd get a life jk jk

If only.

Actually I have a life, it's just that I doubt anyone would be sexually attracted to me and don't have the skillz with "the ladies" too find out anything different. It seems like my only option would be to go after someone significantly less attractive than me and I'm not really into that.

One thing I do every so often is watch a video by Sikamako like "Michael Quest", videos which feature Michael Jackson from Sega's "Moonwalker" going around and interracting with famicom characters. I dunno why but I love rewatching them every so often. Trivial things like that are distracting for when it doesn't seem to be a problem in my personal life which I can solve.

"WHO'S BAD!"

I really wish I knew how to properly deal with my chronic depression. My current habit of misinterpret, brood over it for a week and then overreact next time something similar happens is giving really bad results. Being able to change would be nice.

what type of things do you ovvereact to?

If only.

Actually I have a life, it's just that I doubt anyone would be sexually attracted to me and don't have the skillz with "the ladies" too find out anything different. It seems like my only option would be to go after someone significantly less attractive than me and I'm not really into that.

One thing I do every so often is watch a video by Sikamako like "Michael Quest", videos which feature Michael Jackson from Sega's "Moonwalker" going around and interracting with famicom characters. I dunno why but I love rewatching them every so often. Trivial things like that are distracting for when it doesn't seem to be a problem in my personal life which I can solve.

"WHO'S BAD!"

all women are insanely attracted to me because im a redhead, and i(others contributed) have completely deluded myself into think every women would fuck a redhead instantly.

everybody should listen to an andy samberg song wen ur sad :awesome:

would you expand on what life has been throwing at you? or would you rather keep this a private matter?

as for bolded, who goes to their family if they have a problem? my dad just feeds me BS and expects me to believe it(and i act like i do)

talking with friends is really good, i know a guy who's 22(maybe 23) and as a teenager hes young enough to relate to me, but has some intelligent stuff to say and never forces an opinion down my throat.

nice quote btw.

Well apparently life is a bitch and like killing someone close to me EVERY SIX MONTHS.(WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?) (No matter how many years pass you're never "ready". You can say you are but when the time comes your realize this is reality not something you just say and do.) *sigh* Either that or the fact that my "talents" seem to drain my life every time I use them. Still not bad? I saw my dad get shot and die in front of me. (Way to get scarred for life.) Like I said already,my friends help me forge and that is why I LOVE being around them.

Idk. Some do. I go to my best friend and if I need a shoulder to cry on he's there for me. Well at least you can talk to yours. I have to go to the dam cemetery to see mine.

Yep. Since I have a best friend it's even better because we understand each other more than anyone. Well my friend is my age so I think that makes it more easier to talk to him.

Thanks. Still don't remember who said that. I think it was my best friend (since I remember it coming up one time we talked) but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

Well apparently life is a bitch and like killing someone close to me EVERY SIX MONTHS.(WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?) (No matter how many years pass you're never "ready". You can say you are but when the time comes your realize this is reality not something you just say and do.) *sigh* Either that or the fact that my "talents" seem to drain my life every time I use them. Still not bad? I saw my dad get shot and die in front of me. (Way to get scarred for life.) Like I said already,my friends help me forge and that is why I LOVE being around them.

Idk. Some do. I go to my best friend and if I need a shoulder to cry on he's there for me. Well at least you can talk to yours. I have to go to the dam cemetery to see mine.

Yep. Since I have a best friend it's even better because we understand each other more than anyone. Well my friend is my age so I think that makes it more easier to talk to him.

Thanks. Still don't remember who said that. I think it was my best friend (since I remember it coming up one time we talked) but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

My dad wasn't shot in front of me, but he's still dead and it hurts the same. No doubt you've got some trauma, but dealing with grief isn't impossible.

And you've yet to grow out of your teens? Ouch.

I'd like to help, but I've found that even when someone I'm close to dies, I can't cry. If you'd like to talk, you know how to find me.

Do you mind sharing your "talents"?

that sucks frog balls man.

yeah, having a dad around, at least to pay for stuff is better than not. my mom's dad did drugs, divorced my grandmother, and disowned my mom.(not her brothers. favoritism more?) my mom had to buy her own groceries because my grandmother worked at the library, that would suck dick, but it would be even worse to watch your dad die in front of your eyes.

yeah, always nice to know someone like that

Im so sorry about that... :'(

I remembered the time when we were jumped in our own house *it was 5 in the morning* One of the 5 guys who broke in, looked for me. I was asleep, when he woke me up he was pointing me with a gun. He tries to calm me down. (HOW THE FUCK WILL I CALM DOWN IF YOUR POINTING ME WITH A GUN!!!!) They were going to take my mom and possibly kill her. When my brother heard this, he got out of the room where he was captured and screamed (DONT KILL HER! TAKE ME BUT NOT HER) that was scary for me. After that i didn't want to get out of the house. But eventually i did. Tears come out of my eyes everytime i remember that...

Edited by SapphireFox

I remembered the time when we were jumped in our own house *it was 5 in the morning* One of the 5 guys who broke in, looked for me. I was asleep, when he woke me up he was pointing me with a gun. He tries to calm me down. (HOW THE FUCK WILL I CALM DOWN IF YOUR POINTING ME WITH A GUN!!!!) They were going to take my mom and possibly kill her. When my brother heard this, he got out of the room where he was captured and screamed (DONT KILL HER! TAKE ME BUT NOT HER) that was scary for me. After that i didn't want to get out of the house. But eventually i did. Tears come out of my eyes everytime i remember that...

wow, that sounds pretty awful...

also, sorry to be to questiony, but what ended up happening to your brother?

wow, that sounds pretty awful...

also, sorry to be to questiony, but what ended up happening to your brother?

Oh? Nothing happened to him but those bastards did pointed my brother with a gun on his head. I forgot to add that they saw a safe deposit box inside my bedroom and ordered my mom to open it. Of course, she was nervous, she couldn't think clearly and tried to open it. When she opened it, they expected lots of money inside it. Instead they found the legal papers of the house. They heard some of my neighbors coming out of their houses and they left, leaving us without a computer, celphones, MP3 players, Things they could take with themselves.

Funny enough...they didn't take our WiiFacepalm_emote_gif.gif

My dad wasn't shot in front of me, but he's still dead and it hurts the same. No doubt you've got some trauma, but dealing with grief isn't impossible.

I'm sorry about that. Hardly any trauma. I was more in a state of shock for a few days but then my best friend told me that I can hold on to the past and let the memories sink in or move on with my life. With that I somehow got over it (in a sense).

And you've yet to grow out of your teens? Ouch.

Yep. I'm still 14. I've been through so much already.

I'd like to help, but I've found that even when someone I'm close to dies, I can't cry. If you'd like to talk, you know how to find me.

I feel the same way now. I feel like I have no more tears to shed. Like I have nothing left inside to feel. The only people I would cry for would be my mom,siblings,and my best friend. Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.

Do you mind sharing your "talents"?

I don't mind I guess... Ever since my dad passed away I started feeling more open to the world around me. A few weeks later I noticed that I couldn't feel anything. Like I was just an empty vessal or something. Anyways... I noticed that what ever the people around me felt I would feel that way. (If the room was full of joy I was happy of joyful.) I started taking in the emotions of others. Not only that but I could feel what each person was feeling. And (if the emotion was strong enough) I could read there mind to see what caused that emotion to become that strong in the first place. Now I can control it (and I got my emotions back) and can read a persons mind like nothing. (Though the closer I am to the person the easier it is.) I noticed that my girlfriend seems to know more about my talents then I do but I can see that she's only trying to help me use them to there true potential and do some good with them. And I can have a um..."connection" with a person. (As in I can hear them if they call me through their mind.) It's difficult to explain but in short the have given me all access to their mind and I can read it whenever I want to. My best friend has allowed me to make a 'connection' with him and he is the only person to do so.

I have two different types of talents. Physical and mental. The easiest one for physical is that I am immune to most noises that would normally hurt peoples ears. (I mean ANY NOISE.) I can pass on the immunity but like most of my talents the stronger a bond we share the stronger the effect. (There's WAY more talents and you can PM me if you would like to know of the rest.)

that sucks frog balls man.

Yes it does.

yeah, having a dad around, at least to pay for stuff is better than not. my mom's dad did drugs, divorced my grandmother, and disowned my mom.(not her brothers. favoritism more?) my mom had to buy her own groceries because my grandmother worked at the library, that would suck dick, but it would be even worse to watch your dad die in front of your eyes.

I guess. Well I guess that is favoritism but he must have had a reason or something. (It must be pretty dam stupid though.) Such a sad life. Hm... some people just suffer for no reason and that makes no sense to me but there must be a reason. (I mean if the world was peaceful life would be boring as HE***. But if it was all chaos then life would just have no meaning to it and most people would end up killing themselves before someone did the job for them.) I wouldn't say it would suck that bad. I suffered for what? only a week or two. Thats nothing compared to what your mom suffered through.

yeah, always nice to know someone like that

Yes. He's been there for me since then and now I guess it's my turn to repay the favor. (Last few weeks of school were he** for him and I never saw him cry until around that time.)

Thanks.

Well to be honest my dad died at our house (which we still live in.) I think my little sister my have seen some of it and my little brother only heard the gun shot and thank god that my dad didn't yell. (I'm surprised since he took three bullets before he just couldn't go on.) Me and my mom saw the whole thing. I know how it feels like to have a gun pointed at you. (In fact all of my family does.) The people who came to our house we stupid enough to try and take my little brother but my mom managed to get in the way and block them. She took all of us (the kids) to my room and told us to get out through the window. We did and I decided to come back so I told my sister (who was 10 at the time) to take my brother (5) and hide in one of the cars. She didn't hear me at first because she was staring at something and I turned to see on of the guys pointing a gun at us. He said,"Time to go to bed." "STFU!!! WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO!?!?!?" "Now now. Lets all settle down... (I saw my dad's shadow coming from behind the man so I distracted him.) "All right then." "Good. Now if you can..." My dad got on top of him and sent him back inside the house. He looked at me (for the last time) and nodded. I nodded back and he threw a knife at me. (Well tossed.) I looked at it and saw my siblings behind me. I looked ahead and my dad was back inside. I told them to go already that everything was going to be fine. They nodded and we were going to pass the door when I stopped all of a sudden. I looked through the door and thats when it happened. My sister was smaller then me so she didn't get a clear view and my brother was already at a car. I stood there,watching as my mom took my dad into her arms. He was still alive but barley. I saw the two guys arguing and went to join my brother with my sister. We hid in the car and waited. A few mins later we heard the ambulence and looked through the window and saw my dad being taken away. I couldn't tell if he was alive or not but I knew he wasn't going to make it.

Well in any case I will always remember him as a true man. He died protecting his wife and kids.(This happened at about 8pm.(Funny fact...It happened the day Obama became inagurated or something like that.)

Oh? Nothing happened to him but those bastards did pointed my brother with a gun on his head. I forgot to add that they saw a safe deposit box inside my bedroom and ordered my mom to open it. Of course, she was nervous, she couldn't think clearly and tried to open it. When she opened it, they expected lots of money inside it. Instead they found the legal papers of the house. They heard some of my neighbors coming out of their houses and they left, leaving us without a computer, celphones, MP3 players, Things they could take with themselves.

Funny enough...they didn't take our WiiFacepalm_emote_gif.gif

WHAT!?!?!? HOW GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THE WII!!! THATS REPLACEABLE!!!! YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR FAMILY (WHO ARE NOT REPLACEABLE!!!!!!!) NOT YOUR DAM WII OR COMPUTER!!!!! YOUR LUCKY THAT EVERYONE LEFT WITH THEIR LIFE!!!! (A few bad memories yes but not DRASTIC changes or emotional scars.)

*sigh* I'm sorry but I just had to say something.