Lightning's Mindscrew Mafia Game Topic

riariadne

I'd say Levity shouldn't shoot tonight. I know I said before to shoot me, but considering the numbers of players (6 before deaths), I'm not sure it's such a good idea. 5 players gives us a mislynch, 4 players gives us a no lynch, and of course there'll be some mind-screwingness going on.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day phase ends.

WeaponsOfMassConstruction was found dead this morning. He had an obnoxiously large nametag on the inside of his coat that said this.

Dear WoMC, You are Chuck Norris, the godfather.

chuck_norris.jpg

You decide kills for the mafia. In addition, this shows up if you're investigated rather than your true role.

Dear WoMC,

You are Bob Dole, the politician.

I can't find any pictures of him that don't look silly.

You're a politician known for speaking in third person at times. You're a pretty funny guy, but apparently the people in this town don't appreciate your humor, as you're under just as much suspicion as everyone else now. Time to put your political skills to use!

During the day, you can reply to this PM saying "Bob Dole thinks USER is guilty." This counts as your real vote even if you vote in the thread. Additionally, since you're an important figure, your vote counts twice as much as other people's votes.

You are sided with the town. You should know how to win by now.

In addition, he had a list in his pocket.

People in the Lalaland Friends Association

-WoMC

-Kleine

-SlayerX

The mafia is disbanded.

Begin day... uh... 3!

...the heck? :blink:

Yeah, this makes my investigation useless, as my target was WoMC.

I guess, folks, that this means we have another third party role at our hands here, meaning that the game in fact started with 3 neutrals, 3 mafia and 5 town.

##Vote Core

All right, so, There's Tables, Bizz, Core, Raymond, and me left.

Of those, Raymond's a confirmed third party/cop now.

I'm just wondering if we have a fool, or a Wolf around...

Alright. There's one death today, and it's the mafia. Assuming mafia kills have equal priority to any other, the mafia kill must have been stopped somehow or deflected. The mafia probably didn't shoot me, so I would rule out deflected.

What's everyone's claim who's left?

Tables: Nexus

Bizz: Vigilante

Core: Watcher

Raymond: Cop

Snike: Protection of some kind.

##Vote: Snike for now. I think you should claim fully at this point, so we know more about what's going on.

Here you are:

Dear Snike, you are Magical Trevor, the doctor.

Trevor.jpg

He's baaack! And he's got a new trick, Magical Trevor is 10 times as slick as the last time! What's his trick now? Saving people's lives!

You're the doctor. each night, you can reply in this roll PM saying "Night X: Transporting USER to a parallel dimension." They will be safe from harm for the night.

You are sided with the town. You should know how to win.

Night one, I was on WoMC, even though that was useless.

Night 2, I was on you, Tables, before you claimed Nexus.

Night 3, I was on Raymond.

So, yeah.

##Unvote: Snike.

It's both believable and likely that there's a doctor in the game.

I think, considering that, it's likely that the Mafia targetted Raymond, but he didn't die. Does that clear him? Unfortunately not, since the mafia probably didn't know what other roles there were in the game. Not only that, but his claim was an easy one. Still, it certainly seems like a role Lightning would use.

I think it's likely there's a Vigilante, too, so I'm also inclined to believe Levity's claim. Leaving one person. Who was also counterclaimed anyway.

##Vote: Core.

What's the betting that the game is actually over and Lightning is just screwing with us?

That would be a pretty dick move to the players (not to mention hosts waiting in the queue), so I doubt it. But then again, this is Lightning we're talking about here.

What's the betting that the game is actually over and Lightning is just screwing with us?

I don't think he'd do that; after all, he hasn't done very much mind-screwing in this game to begin with, to be honest. A few somewhat uncommon roles and an unexpected town to mafia to neutral ratio maybe, but that's it I'd say.

Also, Core did claim Watcher when we already had a watcher claim (one that was still alive at that point, mind you), and the role PM he showed us did not have Lightning's style. I already said so before, and I'm sticking with it. Core fakeclaimed, and because of that, I deem it fairly likely that he is some kind of serial killer. If it turns out that he isn't, well, we still have one mislynch to work with at this point. I could just check someone at night if necessary; serial killers should show up as anti-town.

On the other hand, it just occured to me that all of this does not match up with Levity's vig claim. If we had three killing roles (SK, vig, mafia), we'd probably have to have had three deaths in at least one night, but there never was. This means that either Levity never fired, OR one kill was always blocked by the doctor (and two last night - very unlikely), or Levity is in fact a SK.

##Vote: Core

Him begging me not to kill him gave me an odd feeling, too, but I went from WoMC because of his "can I instantly win this game?" message to Lightning as well as the fact that I didn't remember him claiming... at all.

On the other hand, it just occured to me that all of this does not match up with Levity's vig claim. If we had three killing roles (SK, vig, mafia), we'd probably have to have had three deaths in at least one night, but there never was. This means that either Levity never fired, OR one kill was always blocked by the doctor (and two last night - very unlikely), or Levity is in fact a SK.

I shot Mike and I shot WoMC. That's about it.

Alright, then here's the plan:

We lynch Core today.

If we still don't win, Levity should hold her fire and I investigate her. If my investigation then confirms that she's really town, we lynch Tables. Otherwise we lynch Levity.

Are you guys all fine with that?

That's probably the best plan, apart from the bit where I might get lynched. I'd say we should lynch Levity anyway - SKs aren't unknown to turn up town, and Vigilante is the perfect cover for a Killer.

If you think the above is unlikely, investigate me. It's the same result, right?

I have never seen a round of mafia here on SF where SKs showed up as town to cops. Then again, I guess I haven't played them from the very beginning, but serial killers are clearly anti-town and should thus, just like cult should, show up as anti-town to cops. Plus, this is not a large-scale game where a serial killer would have to stay hidden for a super-long time to win, so it wouldn't even be justified.

That's probably the best plan, apart from the bit where I might get lynched. I'd say we should lynch Levity anyway - SKs aren't unknown to turn up town, and Vigilante is the perfect cover for a Killer.

If you think the above is unlikely, investigate me. It's the same result, right?

I like how I know I'm definitely town, and you'd rather lynch me instead of confirming that I'm telling the truth first. You as well as Raymond seem to be in a hurry to throw that suspicion on me--I was almost afraid of that, but damn. You don't want to get lynched, do you? My friend, you're looking a little pale! But remember that both of us aren't confirmed town until Raymond confirms us as town~

Checked my role PM again--I could only kill twice, so I can't shoot anyone anymore.

Take that as you will~

I knew someone would say that. Consider it from my point of view. If you turn up town (bear in mind this in Mind Screw Mafia, Lightning could easily have done that), or if Raymond is lying (he was never cleared, right, or did I miss something? I agree he's likely telling the truth though), then agreeing to the plan would mean a town loss, just like that. I'd rather cover all the bases.

Also, check this page. Lightning isn't above stealing EM roles. As I said, if you don't believe it, investigate me. If you consider it possible, take an innocent result with a pinch of salt.

Also, I forgot to remove the bit about 'lynch Levity anyway' :facepalm:. I didn't think of the possibility of investigating me at first, and didn't edit that out.

Finally, it's probably Core anyway :awesome:.

I knew someone would say that. Consider it from my point of view. If you turn up town (bear in mind this in Mind Screw Mafia, Lightning could easily have done that), or if Raymond is lying (he was never cleared, right, or did I miss something? I agree he's likely telling the truth though), then agreeing to the plan would mean a town loss, just like that. I'd rather cover all the bases.

Yeah, I guess I'm not quite clear myself, but I can't think of any way to prove my innocence right now. Just consider what I said before - I picked the town because it looked like the town was going to win (and it still does). Feel free to take that with a grain of salt, but I assure you I'm fully town at this point.

Also, check this page. Lightning isn't above stealing EM roles. As I said, if you don't believe it, investigate me. If you consider it possible, take an innocent result with a pinch of salt.

Meh, point taken.

I guess I'll pick one of the two of you at random then. Also makes it more difficult for the SK (?) to interfere with it, actually.

Finally, it's probably Core anyway :awesome:.

Well, I certainly would hope so. :newyears: