Normal Mode tier list

Not really. Vyland appears around Turn 4-6. Shouldn't that be enough time for Marth to recruit Roshea and back and for Vyland to have catched up? Unless you Warped (or if you used the Boots?), I doubt Marth can reach the village before Vyland appears, I think.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Normal it's quite possible because there isn't much resistance near the village, but still it's a pain to slip by Sedgar's attack range. Vyland is force to appear the turn after you get Roshe.

It is pain though. I wouldn't count it against Roshe or Vyland, but a chain of 3 or 4 recruits in one mission is really overdoing it.

I think Marth could go much higher. Maybe between Frey and Rody's range.

Compared to Linde and Barst, Marth has an earlier join time (though not by much. It's also much earlier than Cain's and Minerva's) and a somewhat shorter period of suck, as you guys call it. His lategame also doesn't weaken much, if at all, assuming you give him a fair share of experience.

And although he doesn't have a promotion, the Shield of Seals stat boost should be adequate to make up for no promotion (except for losing 10 level ups compared to other characters). Unlike other promotions, Marth isn't stuck with 20 caps (with both levels and str, spd, etc.) across the board because of his late "promotion" through the Shield of Seals, so it's somewhat of an advantage. It also doesn't require a Master Seal that someone else might need.

He's also got chest and village utility (well, you know, being able to get items from villages since getting key items and characters are banned suggestions from tier lists).