Faval is ridiculous

General Spoon

Let's assume that Faval is in an FE10 setting, so Ichival doesn't weigh him down. Faval's strength and speed each cap at 27, so we're going to assume those. Ichival gives Faval +10 Strength and +10 Speed, and his a 30 Mt weapon. So we have:

Faval: 67 Mt, 37 AS

Now let's take a look at Gatrie capped in the third tier. He gets 60 HP and 37 Defense, and 31 speed so he's getting doubled.

FAVAL 1RKO'S MAX STATS GATRIE IN AN FE10 SETTING.

OHKO, if Faval gets a critical. Now if Gatrie is standing on a Cover square and has Defense boosting supports, Faval will not ORKO Gatrie unless he gets a critical.

Now let's imagine if FE10 characters got the holy weapons from FE4.....

They can't, they don't have the blood. XD

If they could, though...

Holy shit. o_____o

Also, Holyn!Lakche could as well. With a simple Hero Sword, a critical, and Moonlight activation. Screw defense. Or Balmung glitch (50 SPD LOL), either Lunacrit, or Meteorcrit. Or just Meteor, really.

Last time, the dude with the Swanchika died to her in one shot. 80HP/47DEF. Gone. Scored a Luna critical with a 100 kill weapon.

Also, Holyn!Lakche could as well. With a simple Hero Sword, a critical, and Moonlight activation. Screw defense. Or Balmung glitch (50 SPD LOL), either Lunacrit, or Meteorcrit. Or just Meteor, really.

Notice how in the hypothetical setting in the OP, Faval doesn't need to proc anything to ORKO Gatrie. He just needs to hit twice.

I could give any character any number of skills (i.e. masteries) and they'd ORKO in the given circumstances as well.

Edited by dondon151

Lakche comes with those skills, however. It was not given.

Faval's ridiculousness comes from his PRF weapon with +10 STR. Lakche's awesomeness comes with all her inborn skills. It's not all that different.

But you're right. Faval cleanly ORKOs, and if Lakche somehow doesn't proc anything (highly unlikely, considering the number of skills she has, and a maximum of 45 SKL from Balmung Glitch+SKL ring), she'll need three hits since her max ATK would be 62. Capped Gatrie would be down to 10 HP, though.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

While we are on topic, Sety would be ridiculous as all hell. Assuming he has 32 spd(the cap for Wind!Archsages)and his OP'd personal tome, Holsety, he has the ability to double attack basically everything in FE10 aside from capped spd Naesala, and even with 'only' 35 Mag(in FE4, that's his mag cap + a mag ring), would be able to ORKO just about anything(65 atk, 52 AS). For reference, max HP + max res Micaiah(50 HP/40 Res) takes 25 X 2 from Holsety, which ORKO's her. The game's toughest mage tank is ORKO'd by Sety. Now that is something.

And let's not get to what skills we can put on him. Bastard has a 52% Adept and Vantage activation, the former of which was passed down to him by Levin. Not only that, he also has a 44% Flare proc, allowing him to negate all your res and hit you with the full 65 atk. He also has that same proc for Pavise. Imagine if Soren could use Holsety...

How would each of the final four stand up to Sety?

(I'm adding the boss damage, but we are more worried about Sety's damage)

Assume these stats for a 3rd tier Archsage!Sety.

HP:50/Str:15/Mag:35/Skl:32+10/Spd:30+20/Lck:25/Def:23/Res:32

(50HP/65Atk/50AS/23Def/32Res)

Note: These stats are legit in FE4. You need magic, skill, shield, and barrier rings though.

Black Knight(70HP/56Atk/30AS/40Def/30Res)

Sety does 35X2 damage to Zelgius. ORKO.

BK does 33 damage(23 on cover) to at 55 displayed hit.

Dheg(100HP/75Atk/30AS/50Def/30Res)

Sety does 19X2 damage to Dheg. 3RKO.

Dheg does 52 damage(42 on cover) at 92 displayed hit.

Lehran(50HP/51Atk/32AS/35Def/40Res)

Sety does 35X2 damage to Lehran. ORKO.

Lehran does 19 damage(9 on wardwood) at 95 displayed hit.

Ashera(120HP/65Atk/32AS/35Def/50Res)

Sety does 15X2 damage to Ashera(4RKO).

Ashera does 33 damage(23 on wardwood) at 100 displayed hit.

In summary, Sety can absolutely decimate these bosses, but the bosses, other than Lehran, 2HKO him or worse.

Edited by DA125

They can't, they don't have the blood. XD

Micaiah is a Mary Sue, she probably has Narga blood somehow.

No matter how powerful Sety is, you would STILL have to have Ike land the finishing blow on Ashera with Ragnell, a much weaker weapon than any holy weapon. What a crock.

If FE10 characters could somehow use the holy weapons, these would be dream matchups:

Micaiah: Narga

Soren: Holsety

Ilyana: Thorhammer

Sanaki: Falaflame

Haar: Swanchika

Mia: Balmunk

Gatrie: Gungnir

Nephinel: Gaebolg

Shinon: Ichival

Stefan: Tyrfing

I think I might be missing one or two of the weapons. Oh, and let Lehran have Loputousu. That would make him a much more difficult boss.

Sanaki: Falaflame

Mia: Balmunk

Nephinel: Gaebolg

Stefan: Tyrfing

Micky would actually be able to double now. :o

Haar's durability would shoot out the roof. I mean, what would he have, defense in the 50s?

And Stefan can suddenly tank magic. LOL.

Micaiah is a Mary Sue, she probably has Narga blood somehow.

No matter how powerful Sety is, you would STILL have to have Ike land the finishing blow on Ashera with Ragnell, a much weaker weapon than any holy weapon. What a crock.

Miccy being a Mary Sue has nothing to do with holy blood. It simply means that Miccy has a bad personality.

Speaking of Heim blood, if Miccy has major Heim blood, then Snacky has at least minor Heim. Screw Fala.

That 'would' be true, but we can always assume that Holsety(and any other holy weapon) can KO Ashera, even though those weapons were blessed by Narga, not by Ashera. Whatever. If you are so concerned about it, We just have Sety do three rounds, then have Ike kill her. He does 20X2 damage anyway, without tides(yes, my Ike caps speed every single damn time.)

Calill: Falaflame

Edward: Balmunk

Neph: Gaebolg

Zelgius: Mistoltain

Ike: Tyrfing

Lehran: Loputousu

Added the Mistoltain and fix'd some inheritors.

Remember how Ike had problems with magic users? The Tyrfing completely fixes Ike's res problem,making his res roughly equal to that of capped Neph or Gatrie.

Gave Eddie the Balmunk since it would make him fail less at first(and don't give me your 'Edward sucks'. He only fails until he's about 12/0).

Couldn't find a better candidate for the Mistoltain, so I gave it to Zelgius.

Calill gets FF because Snacky is already minor Narga for fuck's sake(and I doubt that anybody in the Micanaki bloodline had major Fala blood, though I might buy minor.)

Edited by DA125

Zelgius is the Dark Knight, after all. Isn't the Valkyrie staff a holy weapon as well? We could give it to Rhys or Mist.

FE4 characters do pretty well when ported to FE10, I doubt that FE10 characters would fare that well in FE4. Someone who is more familiar with FE4 should see how the FE10 crew fares against FE4 bosses with their SS weapons rather than holy weapons.

At least FE10 people have three tiers.

If FE4 people got three tiers they'd break the game more than the do already.

Although... having Holy Weapon isn't necessary unless boss has Nihil. Criticalling is ridiculous in FE4.

Killing Edges for top tier weaponry.

At least FE10 people have three tiers.

If FE4 people got three tiers they'd break the game more than the do already.

Although... having Holy Weapon isn't necessary unless boss has Nihil. Criticalling is ridiculous in FE4.

Killing Edges for top tier weaponry.

If crits worked in fe10 like in fe4, Mia would be able to KO everything (except generals) in 3-P and 3-1 with hit + crit using wo dao. Wo dao would actually be a good weapon. She'd actually come disturbingly close to a ORKO on Generals with a steel sword. Even with the wo dao, 24 damage is nearly two thirds the hp.

I'm not sure anybody else is helped, though (including Mia from 3-2 on), since most units 3HKO. I suppose maybe Eddie if he takes Z's killing edge, though I'm not sure about that. I guess Elincia in 2-P would be helped, but slim sword doesn't give much crit anyway. And at times fe4/5 crits do less damage than fe6+ crits (I don't know how they worked fe3 and before).

Miccy being a Mary Sue has nothing to do with holy blood. It simply means that Miccy has a bad personality.

Speaking of Heim blood, if Miccy has major Heim blood, then Snacky has at least minor Heim. Screw Fala.

That 'would' be true, but we can always assume that Holsety(and any other holy weapon) can KO Ashera, even though those weapons were blessed by Narga, not by Ashera. Whatever. If you are so concerned about it, We just have Sety do three rounds, then have Ike kill her. He does 20X2 damage anyway, without tides(yes, my Ike caps speed every single damn time.)

Added the Mistoltain and fix'd some inheritors.

Remember how Ike had problems with magic users? The Tyrfing completely fixes Ike's res problem,making his res roughly equal to that of capped Neph or Gatrie.

Gave Eddie the Balmunk since it would make him fail less at first(and don't give me your 'Edward sucks'. He only fails until he's about 12/0).

Couldn't find a better candidate for the Mistoltain, so I gave it to Zelgius.

Calill gets FF because Snacky is already minor Narga for fuck's sake(and I doubt that anybody in the Micanaki bloodline had major Fala blood, though I might buy minor.)

Isn't Lehran related to Micky and Sanaki, though? The start of the line, in fact, starting with Altina?

Doesn't make sense that Altina has Narga, though, since she's a swordie and swordies want Odo, Baldo, or Hezul.

Sanaki could be Major Fala, actually, just like AlvisDiadora happened all over again except that Cyas didn't exist and there's no Major Lopt Yurius.

And at times fe4/5 crits do less damage than fe6+ crits (I don't know how they worked fe3 and before).

It really depends on your attack power and your opponent's defense. Let's consider these examples:

Let's say you have 60 Atk and are facing an opponent with 50 Defense. 60 - 50 = 10, so you do 10 damage normally.

SNES Critical System = 120 - 50 = 70

Modern Critical System = 10x3 = 30

In this case, SNES crits do far more damage.

Now, let's say you still have 60 Atk, but are facing an opponent with 30 Defense. 60 - 30 = 30, so you do 30 damage normally.

SNES Critical System = 120 - 30 = 90

Modern Critical System = 30x3 = 90

The damage using either system is the same.

Finally, let's consider that your opponent has only 10 Defense. 60 - 10 = 50, so you do 50 damage normally.

SNES Critical System = 120 - 10 = 110

Modern Critical System = 50x3 = 150

This time, the modern crit does far more damage. It seems that when you face opponents with lower defense, the modern crit system does more damage. When facing opponents with high defense, the SNES crits would do more damage. Additionally, with SNES crits, you can do damage even if you couldn't inflict damage normally, unlike the modern system (3x0 is still 0). And as I recall, in FE4 you always do at least 1 damage if you hit unless Big Shield kicks in. In most modern Fire Emblems your opponents usually have low defense, except for Armor Knights and certain bosses. Like with the 2RN system they probably made this change to favor the player.

I've done the math before. If you have anything less than twice the attack of the enemy's defence, you are better off with fe5- crits. If you have anything more than twice the attack of the enemy's defence, you are better off with fe6+ crits.

attack = x

defence = y

x = 2y + a (a being an Integer)

If x > 2y then go with 3x damage

if x < 2y then go with 2x attack

If x = 2y (hence a = 0), they are equivalent.

GBA and later:

3(x - y) = 3x - 3y = damage

fe5 and before:

2x - y = damage

If x = 2y then damage = 3y for both cases.

If x = 2y + z (z > 0) then

GBA: 3y + 3z

SNES: 3y + 2z

and thus GBA does more damage since 3z > 2z

If x = 2y - z (z > 0) then

GBA: 3y - 3z

SNES: 3y - 2z

and thus SNES does more damage since -2z > -3z