light brand from ch. 19?

on the site it says "if a certain number of NPCs survive". anyone know how many exactly? also, i'm playing on hard mode and the knights are completely suicidal. i haven't tried it for real yet, but any tips on getting them to stop being so idiotic? i may have to resort to rescuing them and dumping them as far away as possible.

You're going to have to rescue them and dump them or just rescue them and hide in the throne without dropping them. Also, luck. They all have the potential to die on Turn 1 Other Phase.

And by "potential" I mean "basic guarantee".

I think three need to make it.

FEWOD says 4 NPCs, including the general, but not including Mansel, need to survive. I've 2-turned this chapter without getting the Light Brand (in fact, I don't think I've ever gotten a Light Brand on my 2-turn attempts); the knights are stupid and will kill themselves if they're not dead already by turn 1 other phase.

Edited by dondon151

It's prolly 3, cuz I know I've gotten it, and I know that it's basically totally impossible to keep the two knights near the chest alive.

?

It's not basically impossible to keep any of the knights alive, but to which are you referring?

?

It's not basically impossible to keep any of the knights alive, but to which are you referring?

Aren't they the ones that get tinked by Poison Sword thieves? And advance to attack said thieves? Leaving a clear path to the chests for said thieves?

I recently beat this chapter on hard at turn 8 or 9, I don't remember, and I still got the light brand without even trying. I believe it's if 6 or more knights live, but I had only 3 alive left, the two guarding the chests and the general.

I recently beat this chapter on hard at turn 8 or 9, I don't remember, and I still got the light brand without even trying. I believe it's if 6 or more knights live, but I had only 3 alive left, the two guarding the chests and the general.

i had the same 3 on hard the other day, the 2 by the chests and the one by the general, but i didn't get the light brand. maybe it depends also on the number of turns you use? i finished at turn 11 (of 13). or maybe my 3 didn't count the same as yours b/c they each had a few HP off from being poisoned.

Aren't they the ones that get tinked by Poison Sword thieves? And advance to attack said thieves? Leaving a clear path to the chests for said thieves?

You can get to those with, um, any unit before the Thieves even spawn, if we're talking about the right side.

The left ones that get Druided are tougher to save, but not impossible. Ephraim or Seth or anybody Paladin can, in tandem with a Thief, reveal and then kill the Druids on Player Phase 1. They'll then go suicide up north but proper topside deployment can prevent that, too.