Damn arena

33 members have voted

1. 1. FEDS got the arena of doom?

Dont you think FEDS arena is the worst arena ever. Unlike the GBA one you gotta spam the b button to get out and sometimes it doesnt even work and you get some double attack out of no where and youre dead... :Wrys::huh:

In my opinion, the FEDS arena is a lot nicer to you than the arena in FE7. If you are worried about escaping, remember that you can only escape after you survive a round of combat(a round is you->enemy + any double attacks that you or the enemy inflict). Also, the enemies in the FEDS arena don't break stat caps. I know this because I used Draug in the arena, and I saw that hero damage, for example, capped at 6. Axer damage caps at 11(steel axe) or 15(silver axe). And, yes, I'm assuming an A rank in all the enemy's weapon type. Also, I saw that Navarre was doubling everything the arena had to offer except fellow swordmasters.

The difference is that arena thugs can't break stat caps. In FE7, Oswin with 30 Def takes 15+X2 damage from heroes and swordmasters(which is impossible normally, since hero damage caps at 7 and SM damage caps at 6, assuming silver sword is used and Oswin uses lances). And I've heard tales about 30 spd Guy getting doubled by Valkyries(which, again is impossible since Valk spd caps at 25, and Guy would have to be weighed down by 9 to get doubled.)

In case you want to see the units I used to determine arena damage and spd.

NAME 	CLASS    	LVL MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WEAPON RANK
Draug	General 	20  60  24  01  20  21  13  30  03  Lance A/Bow C
Navarre Swordmaster  	20  60  24  01  29  30  26  18  03  Sword A

Note: I did not use any stat items on them other than a seraph robe on Doga. I only used save point abuse and reclassing(Doga into a fighter/berserker AFTER he capped his def as an AK/gen, Navarre into a cavalier/paladin) to get those stats.

Note: Navarre did not hurt any women to get those stats.

Note: I did this shit on Hard 2. I may need to check the arena on Hard 5 to verify this claim. (Doga, you better stop getting 2RKO'd very damn fast, and Nabarl, you better get str at this rate(2:1; this means a 66.7% growth.))

Edited by DA125

Honestly I love the arena in this game. I love how you can keep going and going, so I can make enough money for a good wifi team in less than 500 turns with a good Arena dog like Radd or Marth. I love how you can cancel a cancel (it you used the touch screen) now as well. I abuse the arena in this game - love it. It gets me a completely forged inventory for wifi. :D

Answer depends on difficulty...

I believe arena in H5 is as rock-hard as SNES return of the jedi's final level: as border-on-impossible any game element can ever be w/o turning the game into a game no one can beat. And in this case, rather than encouraging controller-throwing(as the arena is only a minor part of the game, rather than a major part like the death star level on Return of the Jedi), it merely forces you to abuse bosses and make do with the gold the main story naturally gives you, rather than lose it all, along with your characters, in an arena in which the cpu always creams you. Good thing it's not that way in normal/H1-H3... :)

Because of the "depends on difficulty", I will not choose between yes or no. If there was a third, in-the-middle option, then I might choose that, but... :(

Edited by shadowjam

In my opinion, the FEDS arena is a lot nicer to you than the arena in FE7. If you are worried about escaping, remember that you can only escape after you survive a round of combat(a round is you->enemy + any double attacks that you or the enemy inflict). Also, the enemies in the FEDS arena don't break stat caps. I know this because I used Draug in the arena, and I saw that hero damage, for example, capped at 6. Axer damage caps at 11(steel axe) or 15(silver axe). And, yes, I'm assuming an A rank in all the enemy's weapon type. Also, I saw that Navarre was doubling everything the arena had to offer except fellow swordmasters.

The difference is that arena thugs can't break stat caps. In FE7, Oswin with 30 Def takes 15+X2 damage from heroes and swordmasters(which is impossible normally, since hero damage caps at 7 and SM damage caps at 6, assuming silver sword is used and Oswin uses lances). And I've heard tales about 30 spd Guy getting doubled by Valkyries(which, again is impossible since Valk spd caps at 25, and Guy would have to be weighed down by 9 to get doubled.)

In case you want to see the units I used to determine arena damage and spd.

NAME 	CLASS    	LVL MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WEAPON RANK
Draug	General 	20  60  24  01  20  21  13  30  03  Lance A/Bow C
Navarre Swordmaster  	20  60  24  01  29  30  26  18  03  Sword A

Note: I did not use any stat items on them other than a seraph robe on Doga. I only used save point abuse and reclassing(Doga into a fighter/berserker AFTER he capped his def as an AK/gen, Navarre into a cavalier/paladin) to get those stats.

Note: Navarre did not hurt any women to get those stats.

Note: I did this shit on Hard 2. I may need to check the arena on Hard 5 to verify this claim. (Doga, you better stop getting 2RKO'd very damn fast, and Nabarl, you better get str at this rate(2:1; this means a 66.7% growth.))

SERIOUSLY, the fact that people in the arena can break stat caps is total crap. I messed around in nightmare just for the fun of it, and was going into the arena with my characters with maxed stats. Joshua got doubled by a freaking GENERAL! and Joshua had 20 speed. A general with 24 speed? Bullshit.

FE1 arena...

Bows are useless. All enemies are 1-range.

Unbeatable enemies.

No quitting.

OHKOs your units sometimes.

FE12 Arena. You go in as a STR capped SM. Congratulations, the General you're facing has 30 DEF and a Silver lance. You have an Iron Sword. You do 0 damage. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-----

This is only on H1.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I find this to be the easiest arena due to the high hit rates making it more predictable than others.

Agreed.

In addition to that, SD arena enemies don't go over caps (80+ HP in GBA HMs), doesn't throw you impossible enemies you have 0 damage against, Even SDH5 arena is doable.

...Provided that you only use Hero!Sedgar and have 3 healers around him.

Agreed.

In addition to that, SD arena enemies don't go over caps (80+ HP in GBA HMs), doesn't throw you impossible enemies you have 0 damage against, Even SDH5 arena is doable.

...Provided that you only use Hero!Sedgar and have 3 healers around him.

lol, Hero Sedgar is such a beast. He's as much of a beast as General Wolf

doesn't throw you impossible enemies you have 0 damage against.

What? You can easily tink! a knight in the Arena. And once Caeda was tink!ing a zerker. It was hilarious.

I've never tink'd anybody on SD. Only on FE12 H1 when training Abel.

I dread H3 Arenas. I think I'll just directly reclass him to Sniper for that one.

I've never tink'd anybody on SD. Only on FE12 H1.

I dread H3 Arenas. I think I'll just directly reclass him to Sniper for that one.

Is "him" Abel? I say Sorcerer!Abel for lulz.

Doesn't the FE1 arena randomly throw literally unbeatable enemies at you? I think I've heard FE3 does the same, too.

Dunno about FE1, but FE3 Arenas had you sometimes fight ICE DRAGONS in the arena.

FE11's arena is pretty Lax to me, FE12's is a bitch sometimes.

FE12 Prep arena is love.

Is "him" Abel? I say Sorcerer!Abel for lulz.

I edited my post to say Abel, so yes.

... But I want Abel to be a physical unit... he has sole claims on Gradivus, but I think I'll just have the return of the Epic Sniper Abel of win.

/massive favoritism

FE12 Prep arena is love.

How? Can you even die from it?

The FEDS arena never jammed for me, then again I always spam the B button.

How? Can you even die from it?

You can, but it shows you everything before hand. Hit rates, damage, HP, everything.

The only downside is having to pay money for it. And I think there's a cap on how much stats you can gain (4, I think).

(And it's so easy to abuse.)