Fire Emblem Orchestra

asomath

Doh, how could I have forgotten about Serenes Forest?

As this project has been going on for about two months now, I wont go through a lengthy introduction as I did on the other Fire Emblem fan forums. Simply put, this project is a "restoration" for the eloquent music of the GBA games (6, 7, and 8) planned to be divided into a series of suites. This thread can serve as a source of updates for you FE plans as well as any comments or concerns you would like to express.

The project went through a major update today completing the songs in the Evil suite as well as one from all the other suites, so check those out. Heres the website link: www.feorchestra.webs.com

Once again, sorry 'bout forgetting you guys.

Cheers,

~Asomath

Edited by asomath

Ya know, it wasn't too long ago I was wishing someone would do something like this.

I can't wait for you guys to go for "Battle for Who's Sake" and "At the Final Dragon."

So you get the elusive and not sought after "Furby Approves of this Fan-Project" seal of approval.

Edited by Furby

Those songs are definently of the FE6 list.

And Celice, I recall orchestral versions of Pre-6 songs, but I may be wrong. If I am, and no-one has done so by the time I complete THIS project, Ill look into going into those artifacts.

Cheers,

~Asomath

Hey guys, ive reached a point where I must pose myself a question. I noticed certain songs would match perfectly with, or already use, rock instruments, such as the electric guitar (especially evil song). So, I was wondering whether or not to convert the FE Orchestra project into FE Rock Orchestra, and include a rock band with the orchestra to play certain songs more "powerfully" or to keep the original orchestra, and save the rock band for a future project entitled "Fire Emblem ROCK!". I decided to take input from those who have been following this early on. Poll attached.

~Asomath

Hey guys, ive reached a point where I must pose myself a question. I noticed certain songs would match perfectly with, or already use, rock instruments, such as the electric guitar (especially evil song). So, I was wondering whether or not to convert the FE Orchestra project into FE Rock Orchestra, and include a rock band with the orchestra to play certain songs more "powerfully" or to keep the original orchestra, and save the rock band for a future project entitled "Fire Emblem ROCK!". I decided to take input from those who have been following this early on. Poll attached.

~Asomath

First vote. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Can you name a few songs that would go with rock?

I think that you should include the rock because some of the songs like you said will have a more evil feeling to it.

And question:

If you do add the rock band will you change the whole project to entirely rock or just some of it?

Just look at songs like Softly with Grace or Battle for Whose sake, I think they would sound GREAT with an electric guitar.

Just some of them, the ones I feel would work.

The question being that should these songs use rock instruments, or would it be more faithful to keep them with just an orchestral ensemble?

~Asomath

• 3 weeks later...

Content Update: 9/6/10

Finally, a new major content update. This update brings in the completion of the Battle Suite, as well a large portion of the Hero Suite. A special with this update is the first Arrangement. Be sure to check it out.

New Songs:

-There are no New Songs

New ARRANGEMENTS:

-Zephiel: The Ill-Fated King of Mighty Bern – A six minute orchestral arrangement, Zephiel: The Ill-Fated King of Mighty Bern tells the tale of Zephiel, an innocent child scorned by his father, ascending the throne of the mighty empire of Bern, descending into madness, and ultimately, making his final stand.

Removed Songs:

-Strike (Battle Suite)

Song Progression:

Lyn’s Theme (Hero Suite) in Infant Stage

Hector’s Theme (Hero Suite) in Infant Stage

Together We Ride (Hero Suite) in Infant Stage

Completed Songs:

-An Unexpected Caller (Battle Suite)

-Victory Now! (Battle Suite)

-Rise to the Challenge (Battle Suite)

-Arena Battle (Battle Suite)

-Lyn’s Desire (Hero Suite)

-A Knights Oath (Hero Suite)

-Unshakeable Faith (Hero Suite)

~Asomath

Some of the songs NEED rock, yeah. Them just being pure orchestra will be bland at best.

Also, you should add some kind of synth voices, especially for "Everything into the Dark." It isn't that song without them.

That one right there... Like I said on my comment on Youtube, your work is at least on par, if not above the "FE7/FE6 Premium Soundtrack" type quality.

Btw, it should be "Unshakable Faith"... You have an extra "e" :P

Edited by shadowofchaos

Update: 9/7/10

-Everything into the Dark has been remade. Check it out!

-ANNOUNCEMENT: FE Orchestra is expanding. With a partnership with Casper (CSGuitar89) FE Orchestra is expanding into the rock genre. Although Fire Emblem Rock Orchestra songs will be rare, and Fire Emblem Rock songs even rarer, be sure to be looking for these gems in the future. The first song we looked at was Together We Ride, in an attempt to re-create our own rendition of the song thats been with Fire Emblem from the beginning. Welcome to FE Rock Orchestra

Also, FE Orchestra has recruited another member to stem into an entirely different genre of music. Look for a site re-vamp in the coming weeks to accommodate these new wings.

Cheers,

~Asomath

Hrm... While I do LOVE what you did with the song, I think it takes a few too many liberties from the original given that the purpose of the project is to simply remake the tracks.

Still, it's an awesome track regardless.

Hey which one are you refering to Furby?

~Asomath

"Everything Into The Dark." It's a fantastic remix, but I think it's closer to "Zephiel: The Ill-Fated King of Mighty Bern" rather then a direct interpretation of the original. I haven't been able to sit down and give Together We Ride a try.

Edited by Furby

-ANNOUNCEMENT: FE Orchestra is expanding. With a partnership with Casper (CSGuitar89) FE Orchestra is expanding into the rock genre.

Oh my gods.

I'm going to have to play all my Blind Guardian straight into my ears at full blast, again.