Yet another FE4 Playthrough

Parrhesia

I've always sic'd Lakche on Danan. Works beautifully every time.

Arthur can start throwing wind at him since he wants to cross that mountain sometimes and grab the other village before bandits appear anyway.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has an Axe, and he wears armour.

*points to Ayra's awesome kids of doom and Arthur*

Oifaye starts with an Armour Cutter.

Okay, Chapter Seven is close to finishing. Full synopsis in five hours.

Remember Dew 40RKOing that Axefighter? Something similar happened in Chapter Seven preparations; Johalva with a Hero Axe facing off against against a Swordfighter who doubled for one damage a hit. However, instead of 2 hit, Johalva had 24. The result was predictable. Johalva; Hero weapon, some form of potential extra attacks (Charge, I think), 1-2 range (soon, he needs to get some money to buy a Hand first) and 17 Str, Spd, 15 Def and 8+5 Skl (gave him Celice's Skill Ring). He's like a tiny god.

Edited by Furetchen

This playthrough log is helluva entertaining one. Keep it up.

Schmidt has a droppable Hero Axe. Johalva is gonna kick some ass.

Oh, and Dannan has a Silver Axe, a MASSIVE level and wears armour. It's kinda obvious the game wants Oifaye to get that kill.

Oddly enough, he also has a thiefsword. Yeah, I don't know why either.

It's there so it wouldn't be "lost" if you fail to pass that sword down.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Of course, why anyone would want a sword with 3 might and poor hit is beyond me, as anyone powerful enough to actually deal some damage with it can easily hit the arena for vastly more profit...

Except the brother has Major Ulir and gets the bow of rape.

Yes, the Bow of Rape does occasionally pop into discussions for the occasional utility it brings. I also have a vaguely euphemistic nosebloodfountain every time it kills some guy

Oh, and Delmud got a Silver Sword, somehow. He's...okay, I guess. And Fin is like Santa Claus, with Shield and Speed Rings to dole out to those disadvantaged few who aren't fifteen XP away from promotion.

Edited by Furetchen

CHAPTER SIX, THE REST OF

Twins: INCEST POWERS ACTIVATE!

Skasaher: Archetype of; a standard Mercenary!

Lakche: Character of; a quadruple attacking psychopath!

Skasaher: Wait, wait, wait. Can I be the one who overshadows you in everything this time? I mean...I only really win in Speed, and, like, HP, and it doesn't matter because I use a heavier weapon, and, like, we double everything forever anyway...and you still have that Power Ring. And the Life Ring. And the usually more relevant 1-2 range.

Lakche: Silly rabbit, of course not. You turn into archetypes and I turn into characters.

Skasaher: Aw.

Well, my dudes sprang back from the castle. Skasaher ensured the couple of Sopharans impacted wetly with no real impact. Johan's Dudes were furious when Lakche talked to Johalva, who was probably more attractive anyway (back me up here Lumine). Sophara became allied, and the surviving axemen headed south through the mountains towards the final bandit. This was good, because Femina is kind of ... naff at killing MountainThieves. Johan starts slitting his wrists, and bleeding heavily staggers forth, crying out "LAKCHEEEEEE"

His troops still pose a threat, though. Thinking quickly, I narrow my choices down to two; one deals with the knights one at a time, leaving me with a well-defended vanguard and Johan dead. The other is fucking hilarious.

Well, if you've actually been reading this, I'm a sucker for a little hilarity. Lakche headed straight for Johan, Thunder Sword brandished. I love the smell of charred remnants of rejected PCs in the morning. The rest of the Axeknights were cut down quickly.

...Wait, actually I think HERE was where I got my stuff. Because the turn after Johan's dudes bit it, Schmidt rides out. Sopharan axemen cut down the brigand in his tracks; Delmud would take that village later. Meanwhile, Schmidt's team fell down easily, with Johalva getting the kill, and the hero axe. The Sopharans became determined to kill the last of Johan's dudes, and I became paranoid they could seize the castle. My cavalry rushed to block them off, but...well, they seemed unable to attack anyway, so no harm done there. Oifaye, as stated earlier, seemed destined to kill Dannan, but I let Lakche and Lester chip away at him first. Chapter done!

I've done a lot. Writeup of Chapter Seven coming to YOU tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I won't have to wash dishes through the lunch-hour rush again. Suffice to say, Johalva is a life-taking machine who walks like a crab and doesn't afraid of anything. Screw Johan. And, a twist in the tale! And...Hawk is manly. All this, and more, still to come!

Edited by Furetchen

He walks like a crab. There's probably some sort of fetish associated with that. But his stats are insane, he has a Hero weapon, he's ready to kill everything in his way, with massive HP, Str, Spd and Def. The Skill Ring made him an almost perfect character. Not as good as Shanan, but Shanan has 93 Avoid. I don't see how Johan could help me more.

I have literally ten minutes. Fucking Work Experience!

Edited by Furetchen

Probably just battle sprite or something, but it is amusing.

I've actually seen one picture of him that's pretty damn attractive, though.

In terms of bases, he is better than Johan. Though 10% SPD growths is ... (probably to balance that 16 base, even Shanan himself only has 20%, but Shanan has wtf 23 base SPD.) but 50% Skl means he'll hit things.

He walks like a crab. There's probably some sort of fetish associated with that. But his stats are insane, he has a Hero weapon, he's ready to kill everything in his way, with massive HP, Str, Spd and Def. The Skill Ring made him an almost perfect character. Not as good as Shanan, but Shanan has 93 Avoid. I don't see how Johan could help me more.

Doh, now I regret choosing Johan. He's ending up pretty lackluster for me, outshone even by lower-leveled units. Not that he's terrible, but he's not quite keeping up in this rebel army full of glamorous and overpowered people. I'll definitely try Johalva next time.

As for the crab walk... maybe he's got some secret Verdancer blood in there.

CHAPTER SIX, THE REST OF

Twins: INCEST POWERS ACTIVATE!

Skasaher: Archetype of; a standard Mercenary!

Lakche: Character of; a quadruple attacking psychopath!

Skasaher: Wait, wait, wait. Can I be the one who overshadows you in everything this time? I mean...I only really win in Speed, and, like, HP, and it doesn't matter because I use a heavier weapon, and, like, we double everything forever anyway...and you still have that Power Ring. And the Life Ring. And the usually more relevant 1-2 range.

Lakche: Silly rabbit, of course not. You turn into archetypes and I turn into characters.

Skasaher: Aw.

Well, my dudes sprang back from the castle. Skasaher ensured the couple of Sopharans impacted wetly with no real impact. Johan's Dudes were furious when Lakche talked to Johalva, who was probably more attractive anyway (back me up here Lumine). Sophara became allied, and the surviving axemen headed south through the mountains towards the final bandit. This was good, because Femina is kind of ... naff at killing MountainThieves. Johan starts slitting his wrists, and bleeding heavily staggers forth, crying out "LAKCHEEEEEE"

His troops still pose a threat, though. Thinking quickly, I narrow my choices down to two; one deals with the knights one at a time, leaving me with a well-defended vanguard and Johan dead. The other is fucking hilarious.

Well, if you've actually been reading this, I'm a sucker for a little hilarity. Lakche headed straight for Johan, Thunder Sword brandished. I love the smell of charred remnants of rejected PCs in the morning. The rest of the Axeknights were cut down quickly.

...Wait, actually I think HERE was where I got my stuff. Because the turn after Johan's dudes bit it, Schmidt rides out. Sopharan axemen cut down the brigand in his tracks; Delmud would take that village later. Meanwhile, Schmidt's team fell down easily, with Johalva getting the kill, and the hero axe. The Sopharans became determined to kill the last of Johan's dudes, and I became paranoid they could seize the castle. My cavalry rushed to block them off, but...well, they seemed unable to attack anyway, so no harm done there. Oifaye, as stated earlier, seemed destined to kill Dannan, but I let Lakche and Lester chip away at him first. Chapter done!

I've done a lot. Writeup of Chapter Seven coming to YOU tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I won't have to wash dishes through the lunch-hour rush again. Suffice to say, Johalva is a life-taking machine who walks like a crab and doesn't afraid of anything. Screw Johan. And, a twist in the tale! And...Hawk is manly. All this, and more, still to come!

Please tell me you got Resire. Please? Even Aura is better than neither.

Please tell me you got Resire. Please? Even Aura is better than neither.

There's a way to NOT get Resire? Anyway, yeah. She's kind of crap with it, but...yeah.

Aura though? Dunno where that is.

Edited by Furetchen

There's a way to NOT get Resire? Anyway, yeah. She's kind of crap with it, but...yeah.

Aura though? Dunno where that is.

Oh, it's an either or thing. You either get Aura or Resire depending on which castle you capture. And I'm pretty sure that Yuria isn't forced to initiate the conversation with Celice. If you don't have that talk, you won't get it.

And she's not crap with it. I think she ORKOs axe units, and probably lances as well. See, she has decent speed of her own and so anything that takes a penalty of 12 is generally going to be doubled by her. With her pretty high magic and Resire's 14 mt, that generally means 2HKO and death. And she doesn't even need healing since she will generally end up at full hp after an attack.

Thunder mages and bow users I'm not sure about for doubling. She has a 5 wt disadvantage from the weapons so she needs to have 6 more speed than them. Not sure if that happens.

the only trouble is the whole movement issue that so many land units have anyway. Unless you are going dondon/aquilae style, she has plenty of opportunity to contribute.

Oh, it's an either or thing. You either get Aura or Resire depending on which castle you capture. And I'm pretty sure that Yuria isn't forced to initiate the conversation with Celice. If you don't have that talk, you won't get it.

And she's not crap with it. I think she ORKOs axe units, and probably lances as well. See, she has decent speed of her own and so anything that takes a penalty of 12 is generally going to be doubled by her. With her pretty high magic and Resire's 14 mt, that generally means 2HKO and death. And she doesn't even need healing since she will generally end up at full hp after an attack.

Thunder mages and bow users I'm not sure about for doubling. She has a 5 wt disadvantage from the weapons so she needs to have 6 more speed than them. Not sure if that happens.

the only trouble is the whole movement issue that so many land units have anyway. Unless you are going dondon/aquilae style, she has plenty of opportunity to contribute.

Mmm...well, I'll give her a shot (face-to-face with Muhammed Ali as we speak) ... in five minutes, when everyone's healed.

Oh, yeah, and normally I'd use Julia in the arena. But I won't, ever, seriously. That animation just takes far too long.

fucking thief with his fucking earthsword

Oh, yeah, and normally I'd use Julia in the arena. But I won't, ever, seriously. That animation just takes far too long.

fucking thief with his fucking earthsword

Unless you are playing on cartridge, you should have an emulator with a fast forward option and turbo. That's what I use for these types of things. Particularly for using prayer in the arena with Lynn or something. I've broken weapons before in the arena with Lynn doing 1 damage a shot to enemies with 60+ hp. Did you know that after you break a weapon in the arena, you still get to use it? No way is she using a 30 wt weapon at that point as losing nearly 60 avo would get her hit before she can finish an enemy. Or maybe I'm thinking of sleep sword since the enemy can't fight back so even if it was broken and 30 wt she'd still be fine. Either way, I would not have done that without turbo and fast forward.

So yeah, just hold A(turbo) and then fast forward. Enemy will die. Most of them, anyway. There are some she can't beat. Then she promotes and can't seem to lose. Even before then, I'm not 100% certain she actually failed to win each arena. And I think she was always able to at least beat battle 6 in each chapter.

Ugh, kept putting this off, but its been done for a while now.

Regardless, as I plunged into Chapter Seven, I was NOT looking forward to the desert between my ears. And...oh gods, I gotta save Patty's fat ass from being Kentucky-fried a la Lopt. No worries, she's managed to pilfer a Return Bauble...she runs back home. The usual suspects of Skash, Lakche, Oifaye clear the arena...I think Lester manages it as well. Kashim, like Hood before him, looks like a Turkish prostitute. Resorting to drastic measures for your mother, eh, mate? Joltin' Joe has a hilarious battle against the Swordfighter...it's like Dew vs. That Axefighter all over again, except this time Joe gets doubled (but has a Hero) and a delicious 24% hit rate. He either clears it or makes it to the sword-bearing general who sits at the end. Delmud was underwhelming. Celice was underwhelming. Yuria might get a good AAAAGH THE ANIMATION TAKES SO LONG AND SOUNDS SO ANNOYING AND IS PROBABLY TRIGGERING MY EPILEPSY. Arthur does remarkably well, thanks to Wrath. Femina sucks, but takes out the first two before her lack of pursuit becomes lolworthy.

...Damn, Fin is sexy. I mean good at fighting. And he has an utterly superfluous Speed Ring, a potentially useful Shield Ring, and can easily fight off the rest of my army, let alone the tepid foe. My first impressions of Leaf are "Fuck, Lachesis without staves. This is gonna end badly." Nanna is another healer, always good. Overall Leinster is probably easy to save. Shanan is awesomesauce, managing to get his megasword before Patty bolts. He unsheathes it, grinning maniacally, cutting down all moving enemies in the area. As this is happening, Fin singlehandedly takes on everything Ulster can throw at him, as his more destitute mates take the villages. And my main force travels west with something approaching haste, killing everything in the way. Celice runs west to seize the Shrine which Shanan just clears easily. Femina helped in an extremely minor fashion.

It's secure, and I can move south. I don't trust that nation in the slightest, for obvious reasons. Ishtor sends men at me in dribs and drabs, which I cut down easily (slowly getting paranoid that my vulnerable rearguard is going to be attacked at any moment). Gods, Shanan is good. When the fighting is done, he takes on and beats Ishtor, carving him to pieces. Meanwhile, FinCorp has been moving quickly west in order to give support to my men. ...And when the counterattack comes, Leinster is undefended apart from lolLeaf. Fuck. But Fin is needed here in the east to repel the Evil Wonder Twins! Well...theoretically. I split up, letting Oifaye, Delmud, Aless, Femina and Legring!Arthur take the Castle Where That Dancer Is. Shanan is the vanguard of a rather shabby looking defensive line. Well...I say shabby. But the sisters always move before Tinny's dudes. One of Tinny's dudes was hogging the only 2-range attack option. So...they all charged Shanan.

"TAKE THIS! ELFIRE!"

*jump*

*stab*

"AAAAGH"

"TAKE THIS! ELTHUNDER"

*jump*

*stabstab*

"AAAGH"

"TAKE THIS! ELWIND~"

*jump*

*stab*

"AAAAAGH"

Okay, that was easy. Leaf tries to fight off the entire nation of Ulster, and after a reset, decides to run for it. They take Leinster, the turn before Fin saves the day!

Eh.

Tinny's dudes are cut down to a man. She realises she's fucked. I, on the other hand, realise I need Arthur. Who is up northwest (the Swordfighters are dying easily and lol!enemyFreeknights). Well, he manages to convince Tinny that the beefy bowdude with the bloodlines of two noble houses glued together by Jamka's productive loins (gah) is NOT here to rape her (Lester looks disappointed). I seize Ulster and the chapter ends.

Wait

The chapter ends?

But

Oh, shit, I just saved over my save.

I never liked dancers anyway.