I need to know whats with soren!

Ok, I've been playin' fire emblem and been on the wiki, and I've realized soren has the most complex character personality I've ever tried to understand(which I don't), may someone explain to me the following things.

-Why didn't he tell anyone he was the true prince of daein

-why does he trust no one except ike (not for the reason he told ike)

-why is he so harsh towards people that he shouldn't be

-why hasn't he set skrimir ablaze.

and why is he so clingy to ike.

( don't interpret my question negatively, He is at the top 5 of my favorite characters, i just want to understand him more.)

post-2225-086151400 1282613403_thumb.gif

Edited by Sirius

• He doesn't know. and he never will
  • Ike 'saved' him in a sense that he was the first person who acted friendly towards him. (Complex begins here)
  • That's just who he is.
  • Because he's [skrimir is] a person in position of power or something.
  • He has a complex. That's the simplest way to put it.

Soren is just what everyone who writes fanfiction LOVES. OH HOW THEY LOVE HIM.

GOD SOREN, YOU ARE AN AWESOME MARTY-STU. EVEN I LOVE YOU.

Edited by Sirius

He didn't know himself. He just knew he was some orphan in Crimea/Gallia, and only Almedha knows that she's his true son, and she doesn't tell him.

Ike doesn't treat Soren differently what-so-ever. He showed Soren kindness when no one else would, so Soren started getting clingy.

If said person is a laguz, he hates them because they mistreated him.

If said person is a beorc, he's just being a whiny douche.

Because that would be highly damaging to his health.

Edited by Sirius

Ok, I've been playin' fire emblem and been on the wiki, and I've realized soren has the most complex character personality I've ever tried to understand(which I don't), may someone explain to me the following things.

and why is he so clingy to ike.( don't interpret my question negatively, He is at the top 5 of my favorite characters, i just want to understand him more.)

1) He doesn't know that

he is the heir to both Daein and Goldoa

And seriously, can you see him ruling a nation? I can't.

2) Uhh... There's basically no other reason. He's attached to Ike because Ike was the first person who showed him true kindness.

3) It's part of his personality. He's blunt and objective to the point of coldness.

4) Somehow, I don't think that he'd get away with setting Skrimir ablaze.

5) Clingy? I would say that it's kinda like Micaiah and Sothe, but it's not, since Ike doesn't need protecting. It all goes back to reason #2.

Edited by Sirius

To call Soren's personality complex is to call "DOOM: Repercussions of Evil" a thought provoking piece of fanfiction.

Soren's personality is that he's a dick to everyone but Ike, and he's only nice to Ike cause Ike wasn't a dick to him way back before Soren could kill the fuck out of everything. The being a dragon thing is, while interesting reading, not really relevant to his self since he never fucking finds out.

And his ending doesn't add much either. "Welp, I just helped kill a goddess. Got nothin' else to do, going to go chill with Ike some more."

Edited by Furby

i haven't gotten throught Radiant dawn yet... the wiki spoilered that for me., so im looking forward to the conversations.

You havent completed Radiant Dawn yet?

WATCHA WAITIN WATCHA WAITIN WATCHA WAITIN FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

( don't interpret my question negatively, He is at the top 5 of my favorite characters, i just want to understand him more.)

Because he's emo...

My thoughts exactly, not at all hard to understand. And I imagine he didn't tell anyone that spoiler at the top of the list because he didn't know.

Edited by Sirius

-Soren never knew who his parents were, just what the Brand meant. He just remembers the woman that sold him and the sage that tought him magic.

-He supposedly trusts his comrades in the company, but not as much as Ike. I really don't know which could be another reason for that trust: Ike gave him a hand when nobody did and he didn't care Soren was a Branded, showing him what a tru friend is.

-Just his nature I guess. On a side note, I'm not sure if his fear of being a Branded may be linked to this.

-Ike's always around with both of them. Also, note that Skrimir "apologized" and was grateful Soren was around developing the Laguz Alliance strategies.

-I assume the same answer for #2.

1) He didn't know at all. Hell, even at the end of the game Almedha and Kurth don't tell him.

2) Because Ike was the first person who cared about Soren by giving Soren food.

3) Because when he was young, no one gave a fuck about him (except Ike). Oh, and it's his personality, I guess.

4) Because then he'd have the whole of Gallia, including Caineghis and Giffca, waiting to tear him apart. That, and Skrimir would probably kill Soren while burning to death.

5) *points to answer for Q2*

• 2 weeks later...

-Soren never knew who his parents were, just what the Brand meant.

And he didn't even figure that out until the middle of PoR, when he studied the Branded in the library of Mainal Cathedral. Until then, he thought it was just a birth mark, and everyone else thought it was the Spirits' Protection.

It is weird, though, that none of the Laguz noticed or seemed to care that Soren was Branded, given their instinct for spotting them and aversion to them.

Edited by Paper Jam

(spoiler question}

1. Like the others said, Soren has no idea his parentage and no one tells him. I dont think his brain could handle that actually. His head would explode like that guy from Scanners. But it also explains a lot about his personality which i will get to in a moment.

2. Because no one treated him like an equal before Ike came around. No one else gave him any real good reason in his mind to trust them. Soren has had many people turn their back on him so he trusts no one besides the one person who showed him real friendship.

3. I think this has to do with his lack of being able to trust people. Plus some of his actions can be compared to the fact hes

Ashnard's son.

I really think some personality traits are hereditary. Soren is a snarky little dude and has no qualms with telling people off. Hes direct and to the point. He does not beat around the bush. (Ashnard was the same way! go figure! Soren was like way smarter though.) People think hes a douche but he really has a point most of the time.

4. Because Skrimir had his uses. Even Soren could realize that. Plus Skrimir began to understand Soren's intellect and how it benefited the team.

5. Because Ike is his Morality Pet. I dont think Soren would have been a good guy had he never met Ike. Plus theres err....some feelings there.

1. Like the others said, Soren has no idea his parentage and no one tells him. I dont think his brain could handle that actually. His head would explode like that guy from Scanners. But it also explains a lot about his personality which i will get to in a moment.

2. Because no one treated him like an equal before Ike came around. No one else gave him any real good reason in his mind to trust them. Soren has had many people turn their back on him so he trusts no one besides the one person who showed him real friendship.

3. I think this has to do with his lack of being able to trust people. Plus some of his actions can be compared to the fact hes

Ashnard's son.

I really think some personality traits are hereditary. Soren is a snarky little dude and has no qualms with telling people off. Hes direct and to the point. He does not beat around the bush. (Ashnard was the same way! go figure! Soren was like way smarter though.) People think hes a douche but he really has a point most of the time.

4. Because Skrimir had his uses. Even Soren could realize that. Plus Skrimir began to understand Soren's intellect and how it benefited the team.

5. Because Ike is his Morality Pet. I dont think Soren would have been a good guy had he never met Ike. Plus theres err....some feelings there.

I'm inclined to believe that Soren wouldn't have been alive if he had never met Ike. Soren certainly seems to think so.

You raise a good point about his personality resembling Ashnard's. I would add that Soren was inclined to side with Daein against Elincia until the majority of the Greil Mercenaries (including Ike) convinced him otherwise.

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into this, but Ike's decision to help Elincia in PoR wasn't that much different than his decision to help Soren some ten years prior, and Soren remembered that incident even if Ike didn't.

Edited by Paper Jam