Who is/are your favorite mangaka?

Amelia

The title says it all.

My favorite mangaka is Mochizuki Jun. He has a very VERY awesome drawing style. He's the one who made Pandora Hearts and Crimson Shell. <3

Not to mention Rolan the forgotten king - His novel.

:3

Rumiko Takahashi, but that's because Inuyasha got me into liking Manga in the first place. She created Sesshomaru. /fangirl

Yana Toboso is also up there for Kuroshitsuji. I love the storyline and the artwork.

Honorable mention to Takehiko Inoue for his artwork in Vagabond. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love his quasi-realistic style, and combined with samurai men... mmmm.

Not to be a redundant sort of manga reader here, but I've found Takeshi Obata's works to be very enjoyable. He does things with the hair and noses of characters that, though subtle, really bring life to the otherwise flat, monochrome shells if characters found in many other manga(s).

Also, Hayao Miyazaki was (and still is in my opinion) one of the best cross-hatchers in all of manga. His work with Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was amazing to say the least. Unlike many mangaka, he used very little screen tone, opting to do the work mainly with his pen by way of cross-hatching. Characters were brought to life using very rudimentary methods, and I admire that a lot coming from a man like him.

Not to be a redundant sort of manga reader here, but I've found Takeshi Obata's works to be very enjoyable. He does things with the hair and noses of characters that, though subtle, really bring life to the otherwise flat, monochrome shells if characters found in many other manga(s).

I love his Death Note and Hikaru. <3

Hirohiko Araki, because his faces actually look like human faces.

JJBA fan I'm guessing? >w>

Rumiko Takahashi, but that's because Inuyasha got me into liking Manga in the first place. She created Sesshomaru. /fangirl

Yana Toboso is also up there for Kuroshitsuji. I love the storyline and the artwork.

Honorable mention to Takehiko Inoue for his artwork in Vagabond. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love his quasi-realistic style, and combined with samurai men... mmmm.

Oh well, first manga of her I have ever read is Rama 1/2. And I enjoyed it very much. XD

Haven't read the manga though... >.>;;

SLAM DUNK. OH MAN. I LOVE THAT MANGA. 8D

I really need to finish Nausicaa.

Yes, yes you should. It's one of the best, and I've not seen many manga that can illustrate a message as well as it. Miyazaki really outdid himself.

• 2 weeks later...