Turncounts: Eirika vs. Ephraim?

So after typing up this post in the Draft III, I decided to just make a new thread because I've brought myself to wonder: whose path is generally faster? I'd been convinced before I did some thinking and checking that Eirika's route was faster, but I'm not too sure anymore. I think Eirika's might be more easily skippable with Vanessa, but that's the point of this thread.

Post to follow.

CTRL-V

----------

Well, I've got myself curious now. What're the maps?

9-1: Port Kiris. Fairly long map, but made much easier with tough units, plus a flier/pirate!ross can speed it up.

9-2: Fort Rigwald. Straight and long rush complete with status effects.

10-1: Pablo. You actually skipped this one quite easily with Eirika + Vanessa, but an sans-flier clear would probably be ten-ish turns.

10-2: DURACELL. I got fucked here having to recruit + defend Cormag, so I had to take the full survival time, but one could probably clear this sans-fliers faster than 10-1.

11-1 and 11-2: fog of war rout maps with L'Arachel. Pirate Ship's harder but they're both bitches as turncounts go.

12-1: a windy path of peaks rout against monsters. Moderately long but rather easy.

12-2: rather straight map. Rush up, kill boss. Can't really be sped up by having a good flier.

13-1: MOVE FORWARD, KILL AAIS.

13-2: a windy path of mountains rout against humans. Definitely worse than 12-1 - its equivalent - but I don't think the turncount is much worse. It's a little slower by my reckoning.

14-1, 14-2: stupid castles. Ephraim's is actually probably faster, but you have to deal with a Sleeper, a Silencer and two Berzerkers. NOT FUN, but doesn't slow you down usually.

Desert...well, I think it's faster to start from Ephraim's portion as long as you have two units each capable of dealing with an entire side of the map. Eirika's does have a more logical left->down->right progression, though.

and Chapter 16 - I'd say - is balanced. There might be a Warpskip bias towards Eirika's route, though?

Edited by Integrity

That sounds about right. Remember that recruiting Cormag turns the Aias chapter from a minimum 2 turn (maybe one with Tethys? Not sure) into 6 minimum.

Overall I'm not sure the difference is huge, draft counts are probably poor to compare because of forcibly strange unit choices.

I'm discovering that Fort Rigwald is very hard to get under even 16 turns without a fast-paced tank unit, like a really beefed up Cavalier. Only Franz could deal with this effectively, since Forde/Kyle only had one chapter previously to gain experience.

Even with Franz I took 19, but I had to get Amelia so that cost some significant time. I think Paladin!Franz would be the best bet because there's an Armorslayer in Gheb's room who can get lucky and end Franz very fast.

EDIT: You also have to Seize, so regardless of how fast Franz can go Ephraim has to follow.

Edited by Integrity

Honestly, Dondon, I'd be willing to hear your thoughts on both fronts - Seth and non-Seth. The thread was created from a draft log but I'd be curious either way.

Edited by Integrity

• 2 weeks later...