Golden Sun Dark Dawn on November 29th

Suichimo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New video including a new character(at 1:44)!

Pound looks like its usable in battle now, assuming the psynergy with the two hands clasped together is Pound. The watery area around the 2 minute mark looks somewhat familiar as well, though that may just be me.

That looks really awesome. I definitely have to play this.

That Psynergy with hands doesn't seem to be Pound. According to the text box, it's Crush. Considering the field effect, that's most likely the case.

But it seems to do the same thing as Grind. Are you sure it isn't Grind?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this has been posted here yet, so...

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/28/golden-sun-dark-dawns-touch-screen-djinn-powers/

Has a trailer that showcases Psynergy used in the field and in battle (despite what the link says). (Psynergy used: Growth, Fire, Douse, and Whirlwind, I think, based on the battle animations.)

New scan from this weeks Jump.

golden_sun_dark_dawn_scan_jump2.jpg

This is the translated text from over at GameFAQs:

Title:

The story accelerates with two encounters! Meeting a new companion and the mysterious organization!

Our 2nd Mars Adept in team is... *drumroll*

Eoleo! The son of Briggs and Chaucha!

He's the prince of the pirate kingdom Champa, and leader of the pirates. He's free, wild, and filled with a sense of justice.

He leads the Champa pirates after his father, and joins Matthew & Co. in their journey.

Screenshot 1 shows the 4 character in front roll are Matthew, Karis, Crown, and Eoleo.

Screenshot 2 is Eoleo saying, "are you trying to make me indebted to you?"

The enemy side...

Military nation conducting secret maneuvers - Tsaparang.

A mysterious country that excels in science and military power. For some reason, its commander contacts Matthew & Co.

They appear in many places, and seem to be making use of Matthew & Co.

Screenshot 1 is Spade saying, "I shouldn't belittle you. Now I have to finish you here."

Screenshot 2 is Heart saying, "what a group of troublesome children..."

Commanders of Tsaparang:

Spade: A warlike swordsman with "sword" as his name that stands in front of Matthew & Co.

Heart: A commander of Tsaparang. She gets close to important person of other countries using her bewitching beauty as her weapon.

Your second Mars Adept is Eoleo! Briggs' son. Maybe this means we'll also get the baby from Contigo who used Whirlwind and Susa's hinted at future son, Takeru, on the team as the second Jupiter and Venus adepts, respectively.

Edit: Her name is apparently Ahri. So if these prediction hold true, that would mean that the last position for out current mystery person, Harmony, would be Mercury adept. Though hopefully they don't double up on the roles between the characters, though Ivan and Sheba didn't turn out too bad.

Edit #2: When I said "Her name is apparently Ahri" I meant the baby, from Contigo, that used Whirlwind.

Edited by Suichimo

Your second Mars Adept is Eoleo! Briggs' son. Maybe this means we'll also get the baby from Contigo who used Whirlwind and Susa's hinted at future son, Takeru, on the team as the second Jupiter and Venus adepts, respectively.

Edit: Her name is apparently Ahri. So if these prediction hold true, that would mean that the last position for out current mystery person, Harmony, would be Mercury adept. Though hopefully they don't double up on the roles between the characters, though Ivan and Sheba didn't turn out too bad.

Edit #2: When I said "Her name is apparently Ahri" I meant the baby, from Contigo, that used Whirlwind.

lol, a pirate being of the Mars element.

I'm fairly sure Takeru and Ahri would be in the game, seeing how TLA specifically mentioned those two names, with Ahri being the only Adept in Contigo, and Takeru being the son of two out of the three Adepts in Izumo. If Ahri and Takeru DO become playable, then I'm guessing Harmony would also be someone that we saw in one of the previous two books.

Also, Ahri isn't the only candidate for the Jupiter Adept. It might be that kid from Garoh who was with Maha. It would be cool to play as a werewolf!

Also, Ahri isn't the only candidate for the Jupiter Adept. It might be that kid from Garoh who was with Maha. It would be cool to play as a werewolf!

Only if they did it right. You need the werewolf to have more attack and less pp. As for agility, well, some games make werewolves slow (think hit hard and slowly) and others make them fast. Not sure what they should be. But on top of that, I'd want claw upgrades or something. And the chances of them making a unique series of weapons for a single character is kinda low. You'd get stuck with a sword-wielding werewolf. Cool, huh?

Also, a proper werewolf that happens to be Jupiter would be, well, think Piers. Good base attack, good weapons, terrible classes. It's an annoying combination.

lol, a pirate being of the Mars element.

I'm fairly sure Takeru and Ahri would be in the game, seeing how TLA specifically mentioned those two names, with Ahri being the only Adept in Contigo, and Takeru being the son of two out of the three Adepts in Izumo. If Ahri and Takeru DO become playable, then I'm guessing Harmony would also be someone that we saw in one of the previous two books.

The only Mercury Adepts that weren't in your party in the first two Golden Suns were the two kids that Mia taught in Imil. So I don't think Harmony is a character we've met before, or at least heard of(Takeru).

I'm with Narga on the Werewolf kid though. I don't think they'd make good characters, possibly ending up too much like Piers.

Hopefully, if Ahri is the second Jupiter Adept, we end up with either a Physical female or a character more like Jenna and Ivan, mainly mages but both can take up good physical careers.

It's possible that perhaps Hama or Feizhi had a child in the thirty year gap between TLA and DD, which could throw another possible Jupiter Adept into the mix.

Feizhi and Hsu having a child that joins up with you would be completely possible. I don't think Hama ever talked about anyone she loved, other than Ivan of course.

Feizhi and Hsu having a child that joins up with you would be completely possible. I don't think Hama ever talked about anyone she loved, other than Ivan of course.

Well, 30 years is plenty of time to meet someone and have a kid, so it's still a possibility. In both cases though (Feizhi and Hama), it could be conceivable that they had children with one of the main protagonists after TLA's end (Feizhi has a crush on Isaac in TLA and Ivan could have introduced Hama to any one of the other main male Adepts after the ending), thus already accounting for them with the current known party (since we don't know the full genealogy of the characters)...

EDIT - I just hope we get a magic-focused Venus Adept this time around. We've already got 3 warrior-focused ones thus far, so a change would be nice...

EDIT2 - (And, random aside: I just hope that some of the plot devices that GS1/2 had (mainly in relation to the Lighthouse Beacons, the interaction of the elements, etc.) go both ways if they show up this time. The whole thing at the top of Venus Lighthouse at the end of GS1 is kind of bollocks, if you ask me. Sure, Isaac reaps the benefit of being in the Lighthouse with the return of PP between turns, but he and Garet should have gotten fully restored in power or something between the two final battles considering that the other symbiotes were basically recharged when the beacon goes off...)

Edited by Lord Glenn

EDIT - I just hope we get a magic-focused Venus Adept this time around. We've already got 3 warrior-focused ones thus far, so a change would be nice...

But assuming they stick with the same classes, if you had a Venus Adept holding staves and maces and no swords (short or otherwise) with lower base attack wouldn't it be odd to look at when it goes Ninja or Ruffian or Enchanter or whatever? It would be the reverse of the Piers problem, basically. The only time you'd see them as mages would be in pure Earth djinn classes. Give it Gaia and Quake and one of the ones in between. Actually, quake series is extremely weak. Create something in between Quake and Growth, give him/her that + Thorn + Gaia series.

But assuming they stick with the same classes, if you had a Venus Adept holding staves and maces and no swords (short or otherwise) with lower base attack wouldn't it be odd to look at when it goes Ninja or Ruffian or Enchanter or whatever? It would be the reverse of the Piers problem, basically. The only time you'd see them as mages would be in pure Earth djinn classes. Give it Gaia and Quake and one of the ones in between. Actually, quake series is extremely weak. Create something in between Quake and Growth, give him/her that + Thorn + Gaia series.

Didn't Jenna have more of a problem with the Mars based classes since she was magical based instead of physical? Or am I just forgetting how truly awful Piers was when it came to Psynergy?

Didn't Jenna have more of a problem with the Mars based classes since she was magical based instead of physical? Or am I just forgetting how truly awful Piers was when it came to Psynergy?

Jenna is pretty much good all around. She can easily switch between caster and melee, and be good at both. Piers just sucks like hell.

Psynergy Rod > anything you have until Disk Axe. Frost Wand = Disk Axe. Glower Staff > anything until Lightning Brand unless you make a minotarus drop its weapon that is 1 point stronger. Meditation Rod > anything until Phaeton Blade (also only 1 weaker). She doesn't actually have many problems. Unless you go after all the rare drops, she'll have the strongest weapon you can get at a few points in the game. And light swords aren't actually all that bad later on. Even if you go after the rare drops, she's still not bad.

Just make her go physical, trust me. She is rarely going to be more than 10 points away from Felix in power, which is good for all of 5 damage. She's fine.

also:

_Att________L__0_______L_19_______L_39_______L_59_______L_79_______L_99___
Felix         13         87        164        240        316        392
Jenna         10         81        153        224        295        366
Sheba          8         78        147        215        283        351
Piers         11         82        155        226        298        370

sure, Felix starts widening the gap significantly by level 39, but she stays really close to Piers and has a much much better set of classes for physical attack power. Even Garet only hits 373 at level 99, just 7 higher.

But yeah, she's okay as a caster, too. It's too bad that Felix loves the Mars Djinn so much, otherwise her Flame User class would be pretty amazing for psynergy against non-mars resisting enemies. Beam looks really cool and Fume is great against single targets.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

New videos from the Nintendo Channel.

First video is Djinni in Battle and features in-game summons of Judgment and what I believe is a new animation for Thor.

Second video is Djinni and their effect on Classes.

Edited by Suichimo

As soon as this game comes out, I'm doing a blind playthrough of it here. And I'm going to finish it too (it looks like I'll at least finish my FE4 playthrough so that's a good sign).

I bet I'll find all of the Djinn possible since I'll be looking everywhere. Along with most of the items.

As soon as this game comes out, I'm doing a blind playthrough of it here. And I'm going to finish it too (it looks like I'll at least finish my FE4 playthrough so that's a good sign).

I bet I'll find all of the Djinn possible since I'll be looking everywhere. Along with most of the items.

I demand pictures. Or videos. Lots of them. Just text is not allowed!

Also, Judgment looks totally Badass. On epic scales. ANd The new fire adept (Name?) can use beam too! Hoping for fume, but unlikely.

I demand pictures. Or videos. Lots of them. Just text is not allowed!

Also, Judgment looks totally Badass. On epic scales. ANd The new fire adept (Name?) can use beam too! Hoping for fume, but unlikely.

I was wondering if that was Beam or Heat Wave the Eoleo used. Also, Eoleo does have Fume. He uses it in the scan detailing him.

Edit: Well, just saw this over at GoNintendo. Its a press release from Nintendo of Europe.

6th October 2010 – Nintendo today announces the long-awaited release of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, which launches exclusively on the Nintendo DS family of consoles across Europe on 10th December 2010.

Action adventure and role playing fans – whether they played the original Golden Sun games or not – will delight in the game’s strong storyline, intriguing plot twists, beautiful 3D graphics and exciting new gameplay features.

The Golden Sun series is based on adventure, exploration of the world of Weyard and the use of ‘Psynergy’ – a form of elemental magic that harnesses the power of earth, wind, water and fire – to defeat enemies and solve puzzles. In Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, the world of Weyard has changed considerably since the last adventure. Continents have shifted, new countries have emerged and new species have evolved.

And Weyard is under peril from a new threat. Psynergy Vortexes are spreading across the world, sucking the elemental Psynergy from both the land and power-wielding Adepts alike.

In Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, a new generation of heroes must cross a chaotic world that is succumbing to a new evil, solving puzzles, discovering valuable treasures and encountering dangerous creatures along the way.

You’ll take on the role of Matthew, the new protagonist in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Matthew - an Earth Adept like his father, Isaac, the protagonist from the first Golden Sun – is joined by Tyrrell, a Fire Adept (and son of Garet, Isaac's closest companion from the first two games) and Karis, a female Wind Adept. Other characters will join the adventure during the game, along with many Djinn – mysterious elemental creatures that support you in battle.

Collecting Djinn forms a core element of the game as they can be set to any Adept and used to boost statistics by varying amounts – so you’ll need to think strategically about how they use the Djinn they collect. Djinn from the first two games will return along with brand new Djinn to discover, which will be welcome news to fans of the series.

As well as the luscious 3D graphics, new gameplay features include the ability to respond with different emotional reactions to various scenarios in the game, with your choice of emotion having an impact on the replies you receive from other characters you meet. If you choose a “gutsy” reply for Matthew during a tense moment, other characters may get annoyed that you’re not taking the situation seriously. Choose an “angry” reply, though, and you might find that they respond confrontationally in turn…

A new Weapon Mastery feature allows characters to gain expertise with specific weapons by using them more frequently and you can also now combine your team’s powers to advance through the story. New Psynergies are available to characters, adding new depth to puzzles, and an optional Touch Screen command system allows for intuitive gameplay, enabling certain Psynergies to be directed using the Touch Screen and stylus. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn also contains a comprehensive encyclopaedia, allowing the player to become fully immersed in the mythology of Golden Sun.

So get ready to brighten up your life this winter and immerse yourself in another world with Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, launching exclusively on the Nintendo DS family of consoles on 10th December 2010.

The bottom two paragraphs are the important ones. The top one is either confirming that conversations will be like the old ones, or we may actually be getting meaningful conversations that have some effect on the story.

The second is obvious with Weapon Mastery. What I wonder is if the adepts still have limited weapon choices or if everyone can use all of them.

Edited by Suichimo

The bottom two paragraphs are the important ones. The top one is either confirming that conversations will be like the old ones, or we may actually be getting meaningful conversations that have some effect on the story.

The second is obvious with Weapon Mastery. What I wonder is if the adepts still have limited weapon choices or if everyone can use all of them.

It seems like you're going to able to do more than nod your head yes or know.

Also, I think characters will be relegated to specific weapons. It seems like you can "master" a specific weapon, maybe doing more damage with, being able to activate unleashes, or increase the chance of critical hits. Things like that.

The encyclopedia sounds neat. I wonder exactly how much they will put in there and will it be detailed or cut and dry?

Weapon Mastery sounds neat, and I wonder how they'll pull it off. Hope it's a BIT more complex than how FF2 handled it...

Also, if I can choose upon various responses rather than yes/no, I would absolutely love that. Get to role play a bit in a role playing game.

God, I can't wait for this game! I CAN'T WAIT!!

RAAAAAAAAAA-

*Amp'd*

I think it's Heat Wave, because it only affected one target.

I doubt Yes/No would have an impact on the actual gameplay, since some players (i.e. me) would prefer to make their buddies annoyed just for fun. I really love the Kraden mad scene at Lemuria.

Judgment and Thor both look really awesome. Especially Thor. He actually uses his giant hammer this time!

I also find it nice how you get to see all the Standby Djinn wandering around in the top screen instead of having to press Summon every time you wanna check how many Djinn you have on Standby.

This game looks really awesome so far. I seriously need to get a DS just so I can play this.

I think it's Heat Wave, because it only affected one target.

I also find it nice how you get to see all the Standby Djinn wandering around in the top screen instead of having to press Summon every time you wanna check how many Djinn you have on Standby.

Perhaps they consolidated Psynergy animations further this time around? I mean, the Growth series now looks like the Thorn series, so it's possible that they used Beam's animation for Heat Wave...

Also, you never had to do that to see how many you had on standby. There was a meter/counter to the left of the HP/PP information that listed it, once you had Djinn on Standby. (In fact, that information is still there.)

---

And, is it me, or does it look like Karis is using a Light Blade in that first video?