Golden Sun Dark Dawn on November 29th

Suichimo

The class itself is okay. But I wished Felix and Sheba could have had different default classes. I like Odyssey and Impact/Plasma and all of that but I didn't want them to be clones of Isaac/Ivan.

Jupiter Adepts always had access to Ninja though...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jupiter Adepts always had access to Ninja though...

Yeah, but 9 djinn to get a 6 djinn class. Jupiter and Mercury adepts could never get beyond 150% attack. Earth and Fire can reach 170% in two ways.

It's the same case whenever a Jupiter/Mercury Adept tries to get into a class for Venus/Mars Adepts and vice versa. With dual-elemental classes, they need 6 Djinn for a 4 Djinn class. And when you look at it, they don't have much other choice, since other combinations involving less Djinn are usually already assigned to another class.

It's the same case whenever a Jupiter/Mercury Adept tries to get into a class for Venus/Mars Adepts and vice versa. With dual-elemental classes, they need 6 Djinn for a 4 Djinn class. And when you look at it, they don't have much other choice, since other combinations involving less Djinn are usually already assigned to another class.

Just saying, I'm hoping if they made another physical unit like Piers a Mercury/Jupiter Adept, I'm hoping they'll create a way to get a class that is as good as Master/Ronin/Chaos Lord/Paladin for them. I don't like having a 20% difference between the strongest possible for different adepts. Piers with an upper limit of 150% (only available through Beast Lord for him) and give him a max of only 140% without an item class, it's kinda stupid to then give him Long Swords as if he's supposed to be a melee attacker.

I hope they won't do something similar for this non-werewolf werewolf they created.

Oh, and having a mere 1 class with an EPA (outside item classes) up until you have at least 6 djinn was another rude thing to do.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Supposedly the final two characters have been revealed.

X0kzO.jpg

Their translated text says:

Harmony

Prince of Ayatayu, the Kingdom of Water. Everything else in this text box

is blurry.

Himi

A girl who has the power to foresee the future, she hides powerful psynergy,

Also, a new trailer.

I guess Himi is probably Feizhi's kid. And Harmony... No clue.

NO! I TAKE THAT BACK!

Himi's from Izumo or whatever that place is called. You know, where Gaia Rock was.

This game is going to be an Epic of Epic Epicness. Anything less will disappoint me.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

It's Golden Sun dude, relax. Even if the story is a mishap, the gameplay's still gonna be some serious fun.

Anyone notice how on the screen were shoulder buttons with forms of Psynergy? Shortcuts for Psynergy use outside of battle. I have fallen in love with this game all over again. Whatever makes the game function quicker, the better, not that Golden Sun was slow paced.

Also, sure is furry in here.

Anyone notice how on the screen were shoulder buttons with forms of Psynergy? Shortcuts for Psynergy use outside of battle. I have fallen in love with this game all over again. Whatever makes the game function quicker, the better, not that Golden Sun was slow paced.

:huh:

You could set Psynergy shortcuts in both GS1 and GS2 to L and R. It's just that now there are markers on screen that remind you what is set without having to go into the menu.

--------

I have to say that the past few days have been a bit meh for me in terms of news, since obviously everyone had their own idea of what the remaining two silhouettes would look like. Oh well~

:huh:

You could set Psynergy shortcuts in both GS1 and GS2 to L and R. It's just that now there are markers on screen that remind you what is set without having to go into the menu.

..............I did not know that.

Anyways if I recall correctly, Golden Sun DS should be releasing sometime soon in Japan. If any news comes out in that regard, count me out cause I'd like to explore the game in full. Nice to know some pre-release stuff, but an adventure's an adventure from here on.

Granted we only have like a month to wait, but still.

So yeah, I'm hyped!

You poor bastard. I don't know how I would have gone through the game without Move and (whatever psynergy is to be spammed in whatever dungeon I'm in) on shortcut at all times.

Anyways if I recall correctly, Golden Sun DS should be releasing sometime soon in Japan. If any news comes out in that regard, count me out cause I'd like to explore the game in full. Nice to know some pre-release stuff, but an adventure's an adventure from here on.

Granted we only have like a month to wait, but still.

So yeah, I'm hyped!

October 28th for Japan, then a full month wait for us.

I'm guessing the two new characters are the antagonistic pair. They look like it, at least. They may not be Proxians though.

As for the shadowed guy, I think hope it's Alex.

I'm guessing the two new characters are the antagonistic pair. They look like it, at least. They may not be Proxians though.

As for the shadowed guy, I think hope it's Alex.

Spade and Heart have been there for a while, the only new thing in the enemy images is the silhouette which is almost guaranteed to be Alex.

New scans!

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8367/1287819854328.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2546/1287820112699.jpg

And a translation by some guy at GSR:

Who is Matthew's Mother? (Isaac's Wife!)

Hiroyuki: Matthew's mom is Jenna. Karis is Ivan's child, and Rief is Mia's child.

--- Everyone is a child of the group from the previous game, aren't they!

By the way, Piers, who has lived so long, when will he show...?

Shugo: I wonder. I wanna meet him.

Hiroyuki: Yeah. I wanna meet him.

Side: Names of the characters you know.

Left of Matthew: Blue circles are Dark Dawn people

Right of Matthew: Matthew's family lineage will be something like this, won't it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will the Secret Behind Sheba's Birth Become Clear?

Hiroyuki: ... I wonder if it will.

Shugo: I wonder (laugh).

Sheba, who fell from the sky, traveled with Felix to search for the secret of her birth, but she ended up empty-handed. Did the Anemos village she fell from disappear from the sky, too...?

Sheba: Felix remembers... I have a reason to be traveling with you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where Are the Djinn that Isaac and Company Partnered Up with?

Hiroyuki: Hmm, Flint appears.

--- The one that Isaac met at the beginning, right. How about the Djinni that spoke with a Kyoto accent...? (Note: I think this one is Echo)

Hiroyuki: It's eating and resting.

Shugo: No matter what, it didn't say anything. (can't really read the rest)

Side: Echo, the Djinni that Felix met at the beginning, skillfully speaks with a Kyoto accent!

Is the Fifth party member that character from the previous game? (picture shows baby Eoleo)

??: It's Eoleo. (rest is cut off)

Second cam pic:

(cut off)...thought he could see the future of the world.

Shugo: Though the power of Psynergy is basically the source of power.

Hiroyuki: By the way, the Glider Wing was developed by Ivan, who appeared in the previous games.

Side: as one would expect of the Wind Adept Ivan. To follow up on the Glider Wing, check out page 34.

Will Takeru from Izumo be running?

Shugo: ...I almost said it just now.

Hiroyuki: That, well, look forward to it.

Felix saves Kushinada from being a sacrifice to the Serpent. It was transmitted to Felix that if Kushinada bore a child, they would name him Takeru. Since she and the others are slightly Earth Adepts, surely Takeru is, too...?

If you excuse me for saying it... I KNEW IT!!!!! lol

Though seriously, can you imagine the impact this has on the shippers? I certainly expect... well, I don't know... :/

Edited by Acacia Sgt

More of the text got translated. Edited the post adding the new text. Will keep doing so for further ones.

Almost forgot, found this as well...

http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/1020dengekidreamfamitsu91.jpg

Edited by Acacia Sgt

More of the text got translated. Edited the post adding the new text. Will keep doing so for further ones.

Almost forgot, found this as well...

http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/1020dengekidreamfamitsu91.jpg

Saw this one yesterday and meant to post, didn't get around to it though.

Still, translation from GameFAQs.

Left page

There's Nereide, Azul, Procne, Apocalypse, Megaera and Kirin.

Big yellow text

"The key to battle lies within the 'djinn.'"

Big blue text:

Summons!!!

Left of Azul:

Release djinns to summon many powerful summons.

Right of where a yellow djinn is unleashed:

The earth djinn, Echo is released during battle.

Below that:

The effect of djinn Echo refreshes the health on all allies. There are many djinns with many different effects.

The brown box:

The protagonists gain many abilities by attaching djinns to themselves. You can unleash these djinn's abilities during battle, but then your stats drop. Use this system strategically!

There are mars, venus, mercury and jupiter djinns. There are many djinns throughout the world. Looking for them is fun [right!]

Left of Megaera (referring to the image above):

The menu where you choose your battle actions. The numbers to the left indicate the number of djinns on stand-by.

Right page:

Pictures at the top:

Big blue text:

The djinns are this awesome during battle!!!

Text between these pictures on the very right:

The psynergy the heroes use is totally awesome too!!! For this, djinn are important as well: They change your class so that you can use more powerful psynergies.

The psynergies from left to right and top to bottom:

Ice

Antidote

Wish

Chilled Crystal

Revive

Ragnarok

Impact

Sleep

dentaakea (???(

Lightning Bolt

Gaia

Thorn Blossom (like Grow?)

Vulcan [Eruption]

Weak

Heat Burner

Resist

High Protect

Big brownish text to right below the pics:

Psynergy is also vital for solving puzzles!

Text below this;

Psynergy can also be used on the field. Use the right psynergy on the terrain or moving object, and your journey will be enjoyable.

Field Psynergies (4 pics to the right, top to bottom):

Crush

Fireball

Move

Grip

Text below the pic left of the one showing grip:

A frozen ice block created by the psynergy Arch Chill (?)! Jump from the ice block to right, and you can proceed!

Text left of Crown's foot

He is a mercury psynergist, so he specializes in water and ice.

Text left of Crown's head

As a scholar, Crown traveled around the world with his teacher of alchemy. During this journey, he became involved in an incident, which gave him an opportunity to join Moot's [the main protagonist] journey.

Below that:

Water Psynergist

In the pic below:

"The mountains to the north are difficult place. Climbing them is not easy."

If you excuse me for saying it... I KNEW IT!!!!! lol

Though seriously, can you imagine the impact this has on the shippers? I certainly expect... well, I don't know... :/

Honestly, I don't happen to care about the shippers. From the thread that those scans were posted in, all I see is a bunch of people whining like babies that their fictional pairings were wrong or people rubbing it in their faces. It's all "Wahhhhhhhhhhh, ???????shipping is wronggg..... T_________T," and frankly, it reflects badly on them, since there's nothing they can do about it.

I'm fine with whatever pairings they do come up with, but the thing that irks me is the fact that, right now, this is shaping up to be basically new!GS1, since the way they're setting up the characters in GS3 mirrors GS1 more than GS2. Honestly, the writers (at least from what we've seen thus far via scans) could easily have pulled a ton of stuff from both games, but it seems like they're pulling more from 1. Let's hope that they're merely keeping a lot of stuff secret at this point.

EDIT - I'd say that, come tomorrow, I'll probably stop paying attention to this thread and the other boards and such, to prevent post-release spoilers.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Well, when it comes to it, I find the whole shipping wars ridiculous and hilarious to watch. XD

Anyway, more text translated, in the post as always.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Who cares about those shippers? What I'm interested in now is what they'll do about Felix. He's too big of a character to just ignore. They have to either show Felix or his kid, who won't be a playable character apparently.

New info.

http://boards.goldensunrealm.com/index.php?topic=20681.0

Shippers might be... upset.

Translation courtesy of Temple of Kraden.

Who is Matthew's Mother? (Isaac's Wife!)

Hiroyuki: Matthew's mom is Jenna. Karis is Ivan's child, and Rief is Mia's child.

--- Everyone is a child of the group from the previous game, aren't they!

By the way, Piers, who has lived so long, when will he show...?

Shugo: I wonder. I wanna meet him.

Hiroyuki: Yeah. I wanna meet him.

Side: Names of the characters you know.

Left of Matthew: Blue circles are Dark Dawn people

Right of Matthew: Matthew's family lineage will be something like this, won't it.

Will the Secret Behind Sheba's Birth Become Clear?

Hiroyuki: ... I wonder if it will.

Shugo: I wonder (laugh).

Sheba, who fell from the sky, traveled with Felix to search for the secret of her birth, but she ended up empty-handed. Did the Anemos village she fell from disappear from the sky, too...?

Sheba: Felix remembers... I have a reason to be traveling with you...

Where Are the Djinn that Isaac and Company Partnered Up with?

Hiroyuki: Hmm, Flint appears.

--- The one that Isaac met at the beginning, right. How about the Djinni that spoke with a Kyoto accent...? (Note: I think this one is Echo)

Hiroyuki: It's eating and resting.

Shugo: No matter what, it didn't say anything. (can't really read the rest)

Side: Echo, the Djinni that Felix met at the beginning, skillfully speaks with a Kyoto accent!

Is the Fifth party member that character from the previous game? (picture shows baby Eoleo)

??: It's Eoleo. (rest is cut off)

Second cam pic:

(cut off)...thought he could see the future of the world.

Shugo: Though the power of Psynergy is basically the source of power.

Hiroyuki: By the way, the Glider Wing was developed by Ivan, who appeared in the previous games.

Side: as one would expect of the Wind Adept Ivan. To follow up on the Glider Wing, check out page 34.

Will Takeru from Izumo be running?

Shugo: ...I almost said it just now.

Hiroyuki: That, well, look forward to it.

Felix saves Kushinada from being a sacrifice to the Serpent. It was transmitted to Felix that if Kushinada bore a child, they would name him Takeru. Since she and the others are slightly Earth Adepts, surely Takeru is, too...?

Will details about the Wise One be explained?

Shugo: It might just simply be a mystery (laugh).

Hiroyuki: I think Isaac simply wants to meet the Wise One one more time to be certain of its true intentions. Nothing came out of Isaac's mouth, but Garet talked.

Shugo: Also with him venturing into Sol Sanctum, before long, Tyrell would be interested in wings. Like father like son (laugh).

Below: In the first Golden Sun, Garet destroys his sister's flowers while practicing his Psynergy.

Side: The Wise One saves them and sets them on a journey. Characters who appear have various opinions on the matter.

Is the end of "The Lost Age" a foreshadowing for this game?

Hiroyuki: That's right! There's no doubt that that moment in time was meant to hint at a sequel.

The Wise One: If you survive, perhaps we shall meet again someday...

Below: It was this one sentence that made a ton of players believe in a sequel and lose all doubt. Everyone waited for it!