Concerning FE4 Reinforcements, Reset Changes, and Other Things

Charged151

Hi there everyone. This is my first time actually posting on Serenes Forest (although I've been using this site for a while for info). I have a few things I would like to ask.

1. Does anyone have a list of what mobile bosses (a very loose term; also includes faceless enemies with one leadership star) will run back to an enemy castle to get reinforcements? I am thinking about doing a run where everyone has a weapon with 50+ kills, so this information would be useful. I've been playing around for a little while, and I've found that Schmidt (Enemy that gives you Lex's Hero Axe in Chapter 6), Hannibal, Burian, and Ishtar (Final Chapter) will all run for reinforcements if you kill all their units under their control. I've also tried to get Eltshan (Chapter 3) to do so, but even if I kill all the Cross Knights, it doesn't happen... Enemies I'm particularly interested in learning about specifically are Jamka (when he is still an enemy in Chapter 1), Zyne (Boss in Chapter Two that charges you once you get to the part where Fury appears and you deal with the enemy with the Sleep Staff), Pizarl (Chapter 3 Pirate Boss that moves), Deet'ver/Cuvuil/Pamela/Donovan/Lamia (Chapter 4 Bosses) Andre/Slayder (Chapter 5 Bosses before fighting Langobalt), and Liza (Chapter 7 boss that is fought at the same time Ishtore is).

2. When you reset in the Second Generation, I know the Jealousy System shifts and Celice now has 3 leadership stars (I don't know why he didn't start with this...), but I've also heard something changes in regards to the axe brothers' (Johan/Johalva) speed and Sety's speed if Levin is his father. Can anyone clarify exactly what happens?

3. Does anyone have solid evidence that Isthar's three Falco Knights (Meng, Maybell, Bleg) actually have a Triangle Attack? I've tried to get them into the proper formation (and yet they somehow always won't get in the right formation), and even though I have added to the Fire Emblem Wiki that they do have it, I have been unable to verify it myself... I heard someone found out that Celice and Yuria have no Sibling Critical using Nightmare, so I'm wondering if someone has looked for this that way, or perhaps the A.I. has to be set a certain way (Normal/Hard)...

4. Can anyone point me to a site that actually shows which village specifically Laylea (Leen's sub) has to go to to get the Barrier Sword? The actual Geneology of the Holy War page for this game on this site just says a village south of Lenster (which I hope doesn't refer to the one with the Speed Ring).

Any help with answering these questions would be appreciated!

Edited by Charged151

1. Pizarl and the Chapter 4 bosses have that AI, they will run back to the castle for reinforcements. I'm not sure about the rest though. Pamela and Deetva will not retreat during the scripted battle sequence, but Deetva may retreat afterwards if she has very few units.

2. I don't know anything that happens to Johan's / Johalva's speed, but if Sety has Levin as a father, his base speed will be extremely high due to Levin and Fury's high base speed, and since the Speed goes over the caps it sometimes rolls over to 16 or somewhere around that, instead of 30.

4. This village, according to ChinaFE

07-04.png

I see. I just wanted to make a clarification about what I meant by the Axe Brothers speed. I read the issue here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20891, and what caught my eye is the following:

Note: After you create this pair, then RR so that Johan/Johalva's and Sety's speed isn't Glitched. If you never RR in the 2nd generation, Joha bros keep their speed bonuses from their lvl ups and Sety comes with 30 speed. However if you RR, then you lose the speed increse in the Joha bros and Sety's speed returns to 16. So it's better to NOT exp to much the Joha bros until you make the pair. Afterwards, just RR so you can also get the 3-star leadership bonus for Celice.

I'm not really sure exactly what this is meaning, but resetting supposably affects the Axe Brothers speed from level ups or something???

Anyway, your assistance is appreciated, and any further help would as well.

1. Does anyone have a list of what mobile bosses (a very loose term; also includes faceless enemies with one leadership star) will run back to an enemy castle to get reinforcements? I am thinking about doing a run where everyone has a weapon with 50+ kills, so this information would be useful. I've been playing around for a little while, and I've found that Schmidt (Enemy that gives you Lex's Hero Axe in Chapter 6), Hannibal, Burian, and Ishtar (Final Chapter) will all run for reinforcements if you kill all their units under their control. I've also tried to get Eltshan (Chapter 3) to do so, but even if I kill all the Cross Knights, it doesn't happen... Enemies I'm particularly interested in learning about specifically are Jamka (when he is still an enemy in Chapter 1), Zyne (Boss in Chapter Two that charges you once you get to the part where Fury appears and you deal with the enemy with the Sleep Staff), Pizarl (Chapter 3 Pirate Boss that moves), Deet'ver/Cuvuil/Pamela/Donovan/Lamia (Chapter 4 Bosses) Andre/Slayder (Chapter 5 Bosses before fighting Langobalt), and Liza (Chapter 7 boss that is fought at the same time Ishtore is).

I can confirm that Zyne, Pizarl and Slayder can do it, and I'm pretty sure Andre can too since he did it to me once in chapter 4. I'm not sure if Jamka does it, but I know Kinbois does. Some other guys in generation 2 that can do it include Schmidt in chapter 6 and Ovo in chapter 8. I'm pretty sure Jabarro can do it too but I don't think I tried.

3. Does anyone have solid evidence that Isthar's three Falco Knights (Meng, Maybell, Bleg) actually have a Triangle Attack? I've tried to get them into the proper formation (and yet they somehow always won't get in the right formation), and even though I have added to the Fire Emblem Wiki that they do have it, I have been unable to verify it myself... I heard someone found out that Celice and Yuria have no Triangle Attack using Nightmare, so I'm wondering if someone has looked for this that way, or perhaps the A.I. has to be set a certain way (Normal/Hard)...

Who did you try to get Triangle Attacked by any chance? If he or she had Awareness, that's why you may not see it.

Edited by Medeus

Who did you try to get Triangle Attacked by any chance? If he or she had Awareness, that's why you may not see it.
I was using Claude!Fee, although the three Falcoknights seemed more interested in re-moving away from her (and toward other units) instead of getting into formation for the triangle attack... Anyway, thank you Medeus. Just curious, can anyone show a video/picture of the triangle attack of the Falcoknights; or failing that, can anyone voutch from their own experience that they have seen it happen?

Oh! I meant that Celice and Yuria have no Sibling Critical! Of course they don't have a triangle attack... Whoops, I'll fix that.

Edited by Charged151

I was using Claude!Fee, although the three Falcoknights seemed more interested in re-moving away from her (and toward other units) instead of getting into formation for the triangle attack... Anyway, thank you Medeus. Just curious, can anyone show a video/picture of the triangle attack of the Falcoknights; or failing that, can anyone voutch from their own experience that they have seen it happen?

Oh! I meant that Celice and Yuria have no Sibling Critical! Of course they don't have a triangle attack... Whoops, I'll fix that.

I don't have a video of that particular Triangle attack, but I do have one for a Triangle attack used in a hack, which had Noish, Alec and Arden do it.

I assume they use the same graphic ingame. Perhaps all three Falcoknights must attack from the same range.

Edited by Medeus

Luckily for you, I tested this years ago and still have a save state (snes9x) for it.

http://ppdnotsonic.free.fr/FE4.008

Edited by Marthur

Just curious Marthur, what version of snes9x did you use to get that? My version, 1.5.2.0, says its not in proper snap shot format...

Anyway, I believe you that it can be done, so I will keep trying to pull this off.

Update: I just got them to do a triangle attack on Fee! Lucky me for getting to see it, but unlucky Fee...Lol. One of the odd things though is there is no "Special Dialogue" that states they are going to initiate it...unlike with Vampa and her sisters.

Edited by Charged151

Well; and I can confirm the triangle attack as well. Encountered it a few times.

As for bosses; Dio's assumption about Jabarro is correct. Jabarro does retreat to get reinforcements if needed. Also; the nameless general from Alster at the start and middle of chapter 7 does as well.

Huh. I always killed the Falcoknights with my Holsety User, so I never go it till I forced the game to make it happen...

Anyway, I cannot believe that there isn't a site that doesn't have a complete list of which units actually can call for reinforcements...

Also, Voltz; the Forrest Knight that Beowolf comes with; does not possess the reinforce, since killing his entire squad didn't trigger him to go for reinforcements...

By the way... I am considering adding a page to the Fire Emblem Wiki about which bosses get reinforcements, and I didn't check one; mainly, the faceless boss that appears in Chapter 1 that runs after Dew and Adean. I will eventually go back to check, but does anyone know whether or not he does go for reinforcements or not?

Also, thanks for mentioning the faceless generals as getting reinforcements!

Edited by Charged151

By the way... I am considering adding a page to the Fire Emblem Wiki about which bosses get reinforcements, and I didn't check one; mainly, the faceless boss that appears in Chapter 1 that runs after Dew and Adean. I will eventually go back to check, but does anyone know whether or not he does go for reinforcements or not?

Also, thanks for mentioning the faceless generals as getting reinforcements!

I'm pretty sure he does.

They're always called Commander or Captain or some shit. They tend to be higher levelled, have leadership stars and may either be promoted or a different, stronger class, so they're rather easy to recognize.

I think I also forgot to specify Lamia can search for new reinforcements. She's perfect for abusing kills on your new Holsety tome.

I didn't see anyone else mention this, but Hannibal doesn't retreat until you've made Trabant enter the battlefield. Before that he'll gladly suicide into you (or leave Leen at 1 HP when you're expecting him to run...). He might retreat before this if you lower his HP enough, I didn't test that.

Also, interestingly, the Dragon Knights that command the assaults after taking Grutia will retreat. Interesting because, by the time it's just them left, they really have no chance of getting back and attacking again.

Edited by I Eat Tables

Also, interestingly, the Dragon Knights that command the assaults after taking Grutia will retreat. Interesting because, by the time it's just them left, they really have no chance of getting back and attacking again.

Argh, you ninja! I was so proud to have discovered this last night! I was gonna strut in here like I owned the place and be like "BOOM THRACIAN CAPTAINS ARE PUSSIES"

It would have been spectacular.

:awesome:. They're so slow, in fact, that Fee had intercepted the group going to Luthecia about half way there, and Celice managed to kill their captain just outside Thracia Castle.

Then again, I was playing that chapter mostly for speed. 21 turns isn't bad, but I think it could have been 1-2 better if I'd lured Hannibal the other way.

:awesome:. They're so slow, in fact, that Fee had intercepted the group going to Luthecia about half way there, and Celice managed to kill their captain just outside Thracia Castle.

Then again, I was playing that chapter mostly for speed. 21 turns isn't bad, but I think it could have been 1-2 better if I'd lured Hannibal the other way.

...I'm up to fifty and Arion's only just charged me.

I lack confidence in my main attack team.