GBA Myrmidon Graphics Glitch

luigi bros

Neither.

Rutger's amazing stats have allowed him to redirect the sword that would normally impale him outside of his body and into the other guy's back. He's a favorite of mine for a reason!

I paused my emulator in the middle of the attack. That is a normal frame of the GBA Myrmidon battle sprite.

Nope, it's the emulator, or at least I think it is. It's if you pressed next frame or paused it at the wrong time, since the emulator renders it in an order or something, the top/bottom half of the "frame" is changing to the next one, and basically, you have two halves of different frames. Call it a "transition" frame if you will.

That, or your animation graphics were screwed up somehow.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Nope, it's the emulator, or at least I think it is. It's if you pressed next frame or paused it at the wrong time, since the emulator renders it in an order or something, the top/bottom half of the "frame" is changing to the next one, and basically, you have two halves of different frames. Call it a "transition" frame if you will.

That, or your animation graphics were screwed up somehow.

Even if I don't pause it I can still see it.

Uploaded by myself. Check 0:08.

Yup, his head is most definitely still detached. Rutger's not even fighting and he can still decapitate the guy.

On a more serious note, is this FE6 only, or in FE7 and 8 as well?

I've seen it in all three GBA games.

Even if I don't pause it I can still see it.

Uploaded by myself. Check 0:08.

You probably should have slow-motioned it...

Because all I see is that frame as one of the "blur frames"...

And I removed layers as well... I also don't frame skip. It's either your emulator, or your ROM:

MyrmFramebyFrame.pngMyrmFramebyFrame2.pngMyrmFramebyFrame3.png

MyrmFramebyFrame4.pngMyrmFramebyFrame5.pngMyrmFramebyFrame6.png

Having bad frame rate not even able to keep up with the 60fps is to blame on the emulator recording incompatibility with Youtube, but I don't see it... and I even downloaded the video from Youtube and went frame by frame.

Edit: Yes, it IS there... but it's probably your ROM ._.

From what I've tested... it's FE6 exclusive...

Look:

MyrmFramebyFrameFE6.png = MyrmFramebyFrame2.png ---> MyrmFramebyFrame3.png Transition

The missing frame that is screwed up by the animation commands is that "hand" movement during the "hit command" of the animation

So it's accidentally showing part of the sheet that the game uses kind of like this:

Myrm.png

Edited by shadowofchaos