Pokemon Tactical Game (Game Over; Team Rocket Wins)

General Spoon

The plans of Cipher (Mafia Faction) have made have finally reached their culmination in the form of Realgam Tower, which stands before you now. Designed to attract wealthy people with promises of vicious Pokemon battles, provided by Cipher's shadow Pokemon project, Realgam Tower is made to rake in money for Cipher. The authorities of Orre are even more powerless to stop Cipher than before. However, another criminal organization has caught wind of the moneymaking potential of Realgam Tower.

BOOM!

A Team Rocket (Mafia Faction) Grunt has just fired a bazooka, tearing a hole in the wall, signaling the start of Team Rocket's war with Cipher for control of Realgam Tower. Countless Rattata, Zubat and Koffing are now pouring through this opening, along with several Team Rocket Grunts. But how many Innocent Bystanders (Town) will end up caught in this war?

BOOM!

Another explosion rocks the area, opening another hole in the wall. Perhaps unsurprisingly, a Bidoof was caught in the explosion. The only thing left of it is its role PM.

You are Bidoof.

You are one of the most annoying Pokemon in existence, with a tendency to appear everywhere. It is this tendency that caused you to be at Realgam Tower.

At night you may reply to your role PM with “Night x – Random encounters around USER” If anyone attempts you kill USER they will run into a bunch of random encounters with you, and it will be morning by the time they can get to USER, ensuring that USER survives the night.

You are allied with the Innocent Bystanders. You win if all threats to the Innocent Bystanders have been eliminated and at least one of your members is alive.

You stand around area where Bidoof was, mourning the loss of a comrade. Suddenly a small group of Cipher Peons drop from the ceiling and gun down a little boy and a tree. They leave as suddenly as they appeared, off to fight Rocket Grunts.

You are Joey.

You are the youngster who stands right outside of Cherrygrove Town. Your Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata, and you came to Realgam Tower to prove its worth.

You know that the Innocent Bystanders will be better off if they can unite early. The earlier they unite, the better. In fact, somebody should probably make a spreadsheet that has people's role claims and related things in it. Cipher and Team Rocket are going to do it, so you better do the same. Just be sure to watch out for any members of Cipher or Team Rocket trying to get at this information!

You also know that the above paragraph is a not-so-subtle hint to the factions in this game.

You know what? Here. This is a thread about making spreadsheets. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76043

You are allied with the Innocent Bystanders. You win if all threats to the Innocent Bystanders have been eliminated and at least one of your members is alive.

Moving past the bullet-riddled body of the young boy, you take a look at the tree, which had certainly seen better days. You can only pray that the same fate does not befall you as well.

You are Abomasnow.

As the only fully evolved Pokemon with the Hail Warning ability you are a staple on OU hail teams. Somebody in Kanto ordered a Christmas Tree, but due to an administrative error, you were shipped to Realgam Tower instead.

You have the Sandstorm Generator. The Sandstorm Generator is an item. At night you may reply to your role PM with “Night x – Generate a Sandstorm” A sandstorm will be whipped up, and the following day phase will be so dark that it will effectively be night phase again. The Sandstorm Generator is a prototype, and will break after it is used once.

You find the Sandstorm Generator underneath the tree, but it has been damaged beyond repair, and will have no impact on this game. You contemplate trying to sell it for parts, before you remember the fighting going on around you, and then realize that you should get to someplace safer. Cipher and Team Rocket are going to want to eliminate you Innocent Bystanders because you've seen so much, so you're going to need to get rid of them if you want to live.

[spoiler=The Rules]1. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

2. Being able to use IRC is not compulsory, but will be extremely helpful.

3. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why, but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal.

4. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

5. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0 (except to a team mate if you're mafia), but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. However, role PMs can also be faked, and are actually quite easy to fake. While I will not fake the role PM for you, I will proofread it and give pointers, as roles PMs should be short enough to fake without much difficulty. Note that while most role PMs follow a general template, some differences exist on purpose, so don't be too hasty to dismiss one as fake if it lacks a capital letter. I am human, and can make mistakes like typos, etc.

6. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

7. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM me for assistance. Impersonation of the host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

8. This game features items. Items can be used at the same time as regular night actions, unless stated otherwise. You can give an item away during either the day or night, by replying to your role PM with "Night/Day x - Give ITEM to USER." You cannot use an item during the same night you give it away, however you can use an unrelated ability whilst giving away an item. Giving away an item has the absolute lowest priority, and if you are killed/lynched the same night/day you attempt to give away an item, it won't be moved. If a player holding an item dies, the item will remain on their person, and certain roles may have the ability to move it. If a player starts the game holding an item, that item is part of their role PM, and does not mean they have the item when they die. If you receive an item, you will not be told who gave it to you.

9. You may vote to lynch users during each day by posting "Hang/Lynch/etc user" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone. If you want to change your vote unbold your previous vote and make a new post with your new vote.

10. Days will last 48 hours or until majority is reached. I will not indicate when majority is reached. When majority there will be a grace period of 4 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. If there is a tie at the end of the day, there will be no lynch. The deadlines are meant to be an exact limit.

11. Nights will last 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to submit your night action by either sending a PM to the host or telling me on IRC. If you send a PM, please state what you are doing in the PM using this format: "Night x - [Night action here]". If you don't want to use any action, let the host know that you're idling, as it makes it easier for me and confirms that you're active. If you have multiple Night actions, send them all in one PM. Also, every player is required to contact the host via PM or IRC during N0, be it night action, questions about role PM or just indicating you are here. If this doesn't happen, you will face subbing, no questions asked.

12. No kills will take place during Night 0.

13. Priorities (which actions occur first at night) have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

14. There will be a total of 30 players.

15. If a role PM contradicts the rules, the role PM takes priority. So if the rules tell you you are not allowed to claim Batman, but your role PM says you are allowed to claim Batman, you should follow your role PM.

16. If you create a spreadsheet/PM conversation/IRC logs, etc, please do tell me/give me access. You are also encouraged to talk to me during the game and tell me how's it going; it will be helpful for the postgame.

17. I reserve the right to take certain information out of role PMs upon the death of a player.

If I am withholding information, you will know because I will put “<snip>” in place of the

information.

18. There are no bullshit restrictions in this game. Everybody has something special, whether it is an ability, an item, some information, or a combination of the three. So don't claim to have a restriction!

19. You are to invite the host to all Private Conversations you have, and giving me logs of conversations you have IRC as well. This will make for a more interesting postgame. If you don't do this you had better be prepared for me to write shit about you in the postgame,

20. There is no bullshit fool or similar crap in this game.

21. Death may not be the end of this game. Be careful.

22. If something is not covered in the rules, that means that you can do it. This rule is a handy catchall to keep me from having to field stupid questions/players handicapping themselves.

23. If you invite a player into your role PM conversation, you will be godkilled.

24. You can target dead players with your abilities, but that doesn't mean that anything will happen.

25. Inspection results are guaranteed to be accurate.

Living Players

Amelia

BK-201

Dracohon

Furetchen

Generic Officer SlayerX

JB25

Lightning acey555

Ninji

Dead People

mikethfc-Proton-Team Rocket-Lynched Day 1

Anouleth-Bill-Innocent Bystanders-Killed Night 1

SlayerX-Mewtwo-Innocent Bystanders-Lynched Day 2

I Eat Tables-Magnezone-Innocent Bystanders-Killed Night 2

Hemlock-Blaine-Innocent Bystanders-Killed Night 2

emeraldfox_09 Silent Mercenary-Magikarp Salesman-Innocent Bystanders-Killed Day 3

Lux Aeterna-Wes-Lovers-Killed Night 3

Raymond-Blissey-Cipher-Lynched Day 4

MeteorLunarSolar-Winona-Innocent Bystanders-Killed Night 4

Cocytus Lux Aeterna-Rui-Lovers-Killed Night 4

Balcerzak-Eusine-Cipher-Lynched Day 5

Obviam-Flareon-Innocent Bystanders-Killed Night 5

Levity-Giovanni-Team Rocket-Lynched Day 6

4chan-Lickitung-Team Rocket-Killed Night 6

Snike-Dakim-Cipher-Killed Night 6

Spike-Sabrina-Cipher-Killed Night 6

Jean-Marc-Jasmine-Innocent Bystanders-Lynched Day 7

Psych-Professor Oak-Innocent Bystanders-Killed Night 7

Kai Ether-Evice-Cipher-Lynched Day 8

WoMC-Roxanne-Innocent Bystanders-Killed Night 8

Uhai-Team Aqua Grunt-Innocent Bystanders-Lynched Day 9

Proto-Kangaskhan-Innocent Bystanders-Killed Night 9

Substitutes

Edited by General Spoon

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving my rage post at Furetchen here. Read it for the future.

I'm going to rage at you in public so that players in the future know about this.

You're an idiot. You're "dead" so people will trust you and talk to you. You were in a fantastic position to infiltrate either Mafia.

@ Spoon: This is why you DON'T give the Rogue to anyone not named "Life Admiral". They don't know how to use it correctly.

Abstaining from voting right now for my own reasons.

I'm going to rage at you in public so that players in the future know about this.

You're an idiot. You're "dead" so people will trust you and talk to you. You were in a fantastic position to infiltrate either Mafia.

@ Spoon: This is why you DON'T give the Rogue to anyone not named "Life Admiral". They don't know how to use it correctly.

Well, forgive me for my lack of experience in this field. Forgive me for not treating these in a hardcore manner. Forgive me for not thinking that failure to make best use of my role is a cardinal sin. And fuck you just on general principles. Fuck you for being a condescending asshole. And fuck you for treating us like pawns in your little world.

Vent over. Let's get on with this.

Edited by Furetchen

Also, question: ASL/MLS, do we need to contact you, or contact Lux?

I'd say both, but above all him, I suppose.

Both just to see if your PMs are in correlation to the spreadsheet, and because he's the leader, that's why I say this.

I know you didn't ask me