Dissidia Duodecim

grandjackal

http://shoryuken.com/content/final-fantasy-dissidia-gets-sequel-still-psp-1691/

The in-magazine article throws around 3D alot, but it's not stereoscopic but rather ust mentioning it's in 3D, like we were unaware of what the images in the screenshots were. It's for the PSP, or as it says apparently in the article title.

NEW CHARACTER GET: Kain Highwind, Lightning

New characters will be announced as time moves on, will be released around next year.

Now after the first game, I noticed more complaints than good things. Stuff like no timer, how there's a grinding aspect in a friggin' fighting game, among others. However, it isn't a bad idea, just that apparently Dissidia executed it poorly. For example, single player effecting the multiplayer through grinding and such. Kinda kills the game when you gotta grind to get the character you want.

For those of you who have played Dissidia, how would you improve on the game, and what parts of the game did you happen to like? Feel free to bash on the game, but state your reasons specifically and go into detail, same with those who wish to praise it. Just don't let things boil down to flamewars, k?

I liked dissidia alot, it was really fun, but there are alot of things that i hated about it!

basically what i'd like are a super revision of the brave thing...i'd kinda rather just have a normal health bar with ALL attacks affecting hp at a certain amount, like fire does 10 damage and firaga does 50 no matter what ( But obviously there would be a limit like a magic bar, you could refill that bar with ether or whatever which leads me to another hing they could do, items!)

It was a cool idea to incorporate rpg with a fighting genre it was just done in a way that made the game not too much fun.

for example my brother an me are at the same level, he's got a set amount of brave at 1000, as do i. we've both got about 3000-4000 hp. what does he do the whole battle? Mash square until it connects and i die...How is that fair!? I die in three hits! it's really not fun when you can lose in two seconds even though you're at a seemingly high level, it's like all that training doesn't pay off!

Hopefully i made sense...i keep retyping it cause i feel like i can't get my point across...

Anyhoo, what characters do you want in? I'd like Steiner, Beatrix, Irvine, Tifa, ....well let's just say alot!

p.s. What do you think they'll do with the story, especially if now their adding all these new people. ( Also for the love of god! I want luneth to have his actual costume! Not the onion knight with a face and color swap. Maybe an entirely different moveset/ character for him...Well i'm rambling now...)

-Eriad-

I wish Square Enix and Intelligent Systems could collaborate for a Dissidia Fire Emblem.

I'm a big fan of FF and FE, but let's be honest. That would be like setting up a toddler to fight Mike Tyson. At least half of the Dissidia cast is capable of destroying worlds by themselves, and the other half is capable of defeating said half. We got what, 1 person who is capable of the same (Ashera and Ike?)?

Then again, I guess we could just toss Levin at the problem and watch it be over in a manner of seconds as they suicide into him.

If you just meant just a Dissidia with Fire Emblem exclusive characters...I dunno, that just sounds like a more boring version of Dissidia itself. Eliwood can't exactly lob fireballs at people while approaching.

If you just meant just a Dissidia with Fire Emblem exclusive characters...I dunno, that just sounds like a more boring version of Dissidia itself. Eliwood can't exactly lob fireballs at people while approaching.

I think thats what he meant. Maybe they could get other moves? Like they do in SSB for some characters if not all.

Exactly.

Just because the characters aren't capable of destroying worlds that doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to do so in a crossover.

That and it's implied that most of their signature legendary weapons are capable of doing so.

NEW CHARACTER GET: Kain Highwind, Lightning

Now after the first game, I noticed more complaints than good things. Stuff like no timer, how there's a grinding aspect in a friggin' fighting game, among others. However, it isn't a bad idea, just that apparently Dissidia executed it poorly. For example, single player effecting the multiplayer through grinding and such. Kinda kills the game when you gotta grind to get the character you want.

For those of you who have played Dissidia, how would you improve on the game, and what parts of the game did you happen to like? Feel free to bash on the game, but state your reasons specifically and go into detail, same with those who wish to praise it. Just don't let things boil down to flamewars, k?

Yay Kain! Yay Lightning! Although... it makes me wonder exactly what villains would be chosen to be their counterpart of course I wouldn't mind Kain on Chaos side and exactly what would they make Kain's EX Burst(?) to be; at least Lightning has Army of One to base off of~

I only really see Barthandelus as the big bad in XIII but I think it would be very... hard to imagine him as a character in Dissidia unless perhaps they used Dysley as the base kinda and I guess gave him mostly magic/beam attacks (I guess with his uber fal'Cie form as EX mode) as the fal'Cie never actually engages in close combat, at least not from what I've seen playing XIII (and I'm right about to do the final battle of the story); as for Kain... again, what villain? assuming they keep all the original Dissidia characters, no one directly opposes him as far as I recall in playing FFIV, he was just used by Golbez kinda so... yeah~

as far as other additions or adjustments to the cast... uh, I guess I'd be for dumping Tidus and Jecht if it meant adding Yuna and Seymour

or Shuyin just for the sake of having X-2 gun-slinging Yunie :awesome: I dunno, lol

would be fine with me (the cast could use slightly more female characters, it is a fighting game essentially and you only had 2 ladies and one gender ambiguous character in the last one); I wonder if they'd keep the "guests", Shantotto and Gabranth, just to keep something from each numbered game in... part of me would like to see Ramza and Delitawho is douche-y enough to be a Chaos warrior though he isn't exactly "bad", like Gabranth or something like that from the Tactics games because hey, they do carry the "Final Fantasy" title~

I totally would support Marche and Llednar if they were added but I wouldn't hold my breath

the gameplay to me seemed way too... slow and technical than it could have been for a fighting-esque game but they did kinda try to pay respect to their games overall by keeping familiar attacks and the like when it came to the fighters (but I think Onion Knight was a cop-out personally, not to mention just being ridiculous, IMO); personally I'd be all in favor of a more simple out-right brawl between the characters along the style of maybe BlazBlue or somethin'; I don't mind the bravery system but I think all summons should be random/auto instead of essentially giving the players a WIN button with something like the Magic Jar which has no place being a "summon" in the first place; not too mention that you gotta spend time as mentioned, grinding and building up your characters which isn't a bad thing but I'd like a bit more uniqueness between the characters other than ultimate gear and moves; keep the characters different I say but w/e~

It's Final Fantasy, so I'd be a little disappointed if there's no grinding (and there's always Arcade for those that want preset characters).

I'm glad Lightning's in there, and I wouldn't mind Hope. . .so I can enjoy beating up someone else besides Onion Knight. Marche would be awesome (he's my favorite hero in the Tactics series), and perhaps Remedi?

I also want every single Cid, but I'm pretty sure I won't be that lucky. Everyone, aim at the VI Cid for making me fish!

It's Final Fantasy, so I'd be a little disappointed if there's no grinding (and there's always Arcade for those that want preset characters).

I'd hardly say you need to grind in a Final Fantasy game, but even speaking of that you forget that this is a different genre. This is a fighting game, not an RPG. In a fighting game, most get annoyed just from having to unlock characters. Having to grind them up to competition is a god awful idea when you could just have them at preset levels for multiplayer and call it a day. You're free to do that with the single player, but people rarely play fighting games for the single player.

Just saying, would probably better to focus on multiplayer, since you could basically throw anything out for the single player.

I'm glad Lightning's in there, and I wouldn't mind Hope. . .so I can enjoy beating up someone else besides Onion Knight. Marche would be awesome (he's my favorite hero in the Tactics series), and perhaps Remedi?

I say we make Snow the villain of XIII, cause I demand he keeps getting his dumbass beaten.

Would like to see more Ivalice guys indeed.

I also want every single Cid, but I'm pretty sure I won't be that lucky. Everyone, aim at the VI Cid for making me fish!

There's only one Cid that needs to be in this. One who fights because apparently, his hospitality wasn't good enough for ya...

I haven't played the first Dissidia (no PSP), but it didn't look all that great. Two characters jumping around in empty voids, doing the exact same attacks over and over and over, plus the majority of the cast was just plain boring. Hopefully this one'll fix that.

The only answer is Sazh. If he isn't in the game, I'll call racism.

Is Balthier in Dissidia? If not who is? I swear if Vaan is in there but not Balthier, the creators are mad. Same for Penolope and Fran.

It had Judge Gabranth. XII did not have a hero representative as XI did not have a villain representative (Unless Shantotto counted as a villain).

I haven't played the first Dissidia (no PSP), but it didn't look all that great. Two characters jumping around in empty voids, doing the exact same attacks over and over and over, plus the majority of the cast was just plain boring. Hopefully this one'll fix that.

I can name several games where characters "Jump around doing the same move over and over". Granted, they weren't doing them in empty voids (Though I wouldn't consider Pandeomonium, the Final Aeon area and Ultimecia's...Made up room that did not actually exist in her game (Proving that not even the Square team wants to remember FF8) as empty spaces. Oddly enough though, one level actually DOES take place in The Void), but let's not act like Ryu doesn't love to spam his fireballs as much as Kefka does. Granted, Ryu tended to follow that up with something when the enemy tried to approach while all Kefka does is spam more shit...But I think we can all agree that Dissidia's not exactly Street Fighter nor comes close to it.

However, that's what I meant by kinks in the game. You obviously have a problem with it (too much spam). How would you fix that?

I'd hardly say you need to grind in a Final Fantasy game, but even speaking of that you forget that this is a different genre. This is a fighting game, not an RPG. In a fighting game, most get annoyed just from having to unlock characters. Having to grind them up to competition is a god awful idea when you could just have them at preset levels for multiplayer and call it a day. You're free to do that with the single player, but people rarely play fighting games for the single player.

Just saying, would probably better to focus on multiplayer, since you could basically throw anything out for the single player.

Arcade builds were available for multiplayer, IIRC. The unlock requirements for characters/summons aren't anywhere near as bad as certain other games (*cough*DevilJin*cough*)

It was possible to get a character from level 1 to 99 in one battle, if things were done correctly. Gaining AP wasn't too hard once said character was at level 99, so getting the skills didn't take too long, either. Rarer equipment is another issue, but I think the serious tournaments ban equips (don't know about summons, though).

I say we make Snow the villain of XIII, cause I demand he keeps getting his dumbass beaten.

Snow has plenty of time to shove his foot in his mouth during the course of the game. Hope doesn't shut up. I nominate Hope for Punching Bag.

There's only one Cid that needs to be in this. One who fights because apparently, his hospitality wasn't good enough for ya...

No, I wasn't happy with simply poisoning that old man to death! I wanna beat him up!

(oh, and maybe get Cid from XIII in there, because he's the best-looking thing in that game)