looking for people to test my hack

also, does it cost 2 ocean seals now to promote Colm? and if it does, are there 2 not counting that 5% to get it at valni's last floor?

also, love the Fili shield Tana has. *puts it on Vanessa*

ocean seals promote civilians to thieves and fighters to pirates. there is a different promotion item to get to get to the third tier

EDIT AGAIN: here is the new patch, but i'm really sorry, you have to make a new game if you play it, there are some really nice stuff at the earlier chapters. im so sorry sad.gif also, i changed the growths and bases, so you really HAVE to restart the game. i'm sorry, it's worth it though. 2nd edit, i forgot to fix some things. sorry

Edited by FragMaster

Smart thing to do that people like in FE8 hacks: Get rid of branched promotions, nerf Seth SLIGHTLY, raise class growths (enemy growths)

Things that people DON'T like in FE8 hacks: Nerf everyone, give everyone 60 level ups, lower player growths, fuck up classes (a little editing is fine, but this...), nerf Seth to hell and back again.

Smart thing to do that people like in FE8 hacks: Get rid of branched promotions, nerf Seth SLIGHTLY, raise class growths (enemy growths)

Things that people DON'T like in FE8 hacks: Nerf everyone, give everyone 60 level ups, lower player growths, fuck up classes (a little editing is fine, but this...), nerf Seth to hell and back again.

Why is getting rid of branched promotions a bad idea? Player choice is something that Fire Emblem needs more of, not less of.

And incidentally, Seth is still very good, even heading into midgame. He's still easily my most durable character, pretty fast as well, and he's almost mandatory for earlygame since Gilliam/Franz/Vanessa all suck.

everyone got nerfed including the enemies. it's just the same with lower bases and growths. oh and yeah, seth really does suck Facepalm_emote_gif.gif it wasn't supposed to be like that. owell. but the stat boosters are there for a reason

Incidentally, if I download this patch, can I just use it on my patched ROM or do I need to find an untouched Sacred Stones ROM?

Mostly because everyone else got nerfed into hell!

Lute and Neimi are actually good now, so that's not quite true. Eirika is pretty awesome as well.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth