[FE6] [Draft Round 2

Radiant Dragon

Well, I'm pretty sure that the game uses experience earned, and not their level, to determine which route you go.

If Thany gained 1 point of experience and the nomads gained none, even if Tate wasn't recruited, you would still go to Ilia. I'm not 100% sure about this though, I just know that once I wanted to go to Ilia, but I had been using Shin and Sue but not Thany, so I used a code to make Thany's level 20, yet I still went to Sacae.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm an idiot, I've been checking this topic every now and then and seeing if anyone new posted and I kept thinking " I wonder how long it is until its my turn" and then I checked the first topic... it's been my turn this whole time XD

err, anyway I'll choose Wade/Ward or whatever his name was...

Wow, I'm an idiot, I've been checking this topic every now and then and seeing if anyone new posted and I kept thinking " I wonder how long it is until its my turn" and then I checked the first topic... it's been my turn this whole time XD

err, anyway I'll choose Wade/Ward or whatever his name was...

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Before I choose, I want some confirmation on the Sacae/Ilia issue. Since there's no way I can draft any of the units that determine where I end up going, does that mean I go to Ilia no matter what? Regardless of whether I kill Tate, Shin, (do not recruit) Sue, or any combination of the above?

Before I choose, I want some confirmation on the Sacae/Ilia issue. Since there's no way I can draft any of the units that determine where I end up going, does that mean I go to Ilia no matter what? Regardless of whether I kill Tate, Shin, (do not recruit) Sue, or any combination of the above?

If none of the pegasus knights or nomads gain any experience, you should go to Ilia. So, yes.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

If none of the pegasus knights or nomads gain any experience, you should go to Ilia.

That's what Serenes says, but FEwiki says the opposite and I don't really want to run through 16 chapters to find out.

I guess I'll take Hugh and Bors.

That's what Serenes says, but FEwiki says the opposite and I don't really want to run through 16 chapters to find out.

I haven't actually tested it myself, but I've heard from multiple sources(I forget which they were though, it's been awhile...) that Ilia is the default route. Which is probably why it's known as the A route, just like the default route in the Western Isles(with Echidna and Lalum) is also referred to as A.

And I'll take Barth.

I'll go with Juno/Yunno or whatever the name of that pegasus girl was...

wow, this is a shame, I have 2 out of 3 pegasus knights, so close, yet so far away from using triangle attack...

well I already have two archers, Shin and Wolt so I probably shouldn't add Dorothy, that and Dorothy is just... eww Dorothy.

guess I'll go with Sophia, I probably won't use her too much, or she'll get benched eventually due to being too low leveled, but hey who knows maybe she'll actually be of some use if she has decent level ups.

Dorothy is ugly ( not a good way to determine how good units are but regardless I can't stand her) and whether it be her or Sophia I probably would end up benching them later on, Wolt is way better then her because Wolt comes earlier, Dorothy at level 20/20 is probably better then Wolt, but they're pretty much the same and Wolt supports with four people you have in the first level and Sue, so I don't see how Dorothy is better support wise

and as for supports... ( if I even bother using them)

Thany with Wade A support

Thany with Juno B support

Sophia with Ray A support

Cecilia with Roy A support

Sophia with Roy A support

Lance with Marcus A support

Wolt with Lance B support

might change these later on if I get bored... might just have a bunch of random C supports because I blitz through draft playthroughs so I probably won't even have enough time to support.

Shin could've supported with Dorothy I guess, but oh well he'll probably be in the front lines anyway ( hopefully doing more dodging instead of dieing due to low defense)

Rutger doesn't have anyone to support with either, but oh well he'll live.

I just don't like Archers too much, but Wolt was in the first level so he's good for shaving off a few extra turns the first few levels, and he'll be of some use once he has a longbow.

Edited by Ezra

Chapter 1 (9/9)

Nothing special. Marcus collects the 10 grand, Roy takes on most of the incoming enemies himself with some help from house/forest terrain, Marcus makes a beeline for that chump Damas afterwards.

Could have seized on the 8th, but decided to have Roy finish off a weakened fighter instead.

Chapter 2 (10/19)

Merlinus wheels to pick up the armorslayer. Roy spends two turns on a fort to help Marcus clear out the soldiers/fighters by his starting point. Lot soloes most of the right batch of enemies, Marcus slays Rude in one whole turn with Ward's iron axe and a lucky crit. Thany immediately occupied herself with retrieving the armorslayer and trading it to Marcus. Afterwards, she didn't do any ferrying since that would have entailed exposing Lot, who had already incurred a hit, to danger that just might have killed him (from 4 hits with 5 enemies in the vicinity and no WTA, IIRC) on the following enemy phase and Roy could play a little cleanup to avert that plus free EXP.

Roy_II_.pngMarcus_II_.pngEllen_II_.pngLot_II_.png

Merlinus_II_.png

Next update, I'm really hoping to capture my progress on YouTube.

Before I begin, some notes:

I don't really intend to win this. If I had, I would've done what I did in the FE8 draft and immediately drafted Thany, since having full game flyer utility is just amazing. Especially in a game like FE6 where your Lord is perpetually stuck with crappy move, and every chapter is seize. I'll just be going for minimum turncounts I can muster with these characters (WENDY) while having some fun, I'll frankly be quite surprised if I manage to get even in the top 3, especially since I'm locked to Ilia without a flyer (though I may eat a penalty to give one of the nomads a bit of EXP... haven't decided yet).

Ch1: Dawn of Destiny (4/4)

Lance traded his weapons to Roy and moved out of the way. Roy then moved as far as he could to the northeast, and Marcus moved over, took Lance's Javelin from Roy, rescued Roy, and moved 1 extra tile over. Alan and Bors moved out and started killing some mooks for a bit of EXP. Marcus blitzed northward at maximum speed, and on turn 3 dropped Roy exactly 5 tiles from the throne. Some crappy enemies attacked Roy who attacked them back with shitty damage. Marcus then ran up to the boss and I decided to take a gamble and attack with his Silver Lance. Both hits connected with Marcus left with 8 HP, and Roy seized. Alan gained a level, and visited the $ village. I may or may not regret the total lack of EXP I'm feeding Roy (although I can always use leftover turns for arenas and such later, so I'm not too worried).

level  HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
Roy    01.20  BASE
Marcus 01.44  BASE
Alan   02.28 22 08 04 06 03 06 00
Bors   01.60  BASE 

Ch2: The Princess of Bern (9/13)

After looking at every other draft and realizing that nobody else has 4-turned Chapter 1, I felt better about this more modest turncount. I elected to let Roy fight on his own some instead of using the Marcus delivery service the whole way. Merlinus got the Armorslayer and went on a shopping spree. The others moved south, taking out some crappy soldiers and fighters and stuff. Even Bors gets some kills. The Diecksquad appears and immediately runs for their lives as though they were small, scared little girls. Bors and Alan finished up the mooks to the south while Marcus and Roy went east, I thought about letting Roy get rescued here as well, but decided to leave him open for a few more kills. Finally, just after passing the forts, I decided it was time to speed things up and Marcus rescued Roy and charged north. Bors and Alan just continued to kill whatever enemies were left, which ended up being quite a few. Marcus dropped Roy in front of the boss with his Rapier equipped on turn 7, since I wanted him to get the boss EXP. Roy luckily dodged Slater's first hit, and so on turn 8 he attacked him again, ate a counter leaving him at 4 HP, but mercifully pulled a critical which finished him off. Bors killed the last remaining Archer mook on turn 9 just before Roy seized.

Roy    03.45 19 06 06 09 08 05 01
Marcus 01.70  BASE
Alan   04.25 24 10 05 08 05 07 00
Bors   03.47 22 08 04 05 06 12 00

Edited by Silvercrow

Afterwards, she didn't do any ferrying since that would have entailed exposing Lot, who had already incurred a hit, to danger that just might have killed him

You haven't drafted Thany, so she CAN'T ferry (drafted) people around for you without incurring a penalty. Anyway...

Chapter 1 (5/5)

This game is a LOT easier on Normal Mode…

After some trading, Marcus goes and kills a fighter and Roy moves forward. Then he ignores the nearest fighter and archer, moving as far north as possible and killing another fighter and Roy moves east. Next turn, Roy moves right underneath Marcus and Marcus rescues him and moves toward the castle. Then he moves next to the boss and drops Roy. Turn 5, he kills Damas, and Roy seizes.

Chapter 2 (7/12)

Marcus starts by killing the soldier while standing to the west so the fort doesn't get clogged up on the enemy phase. Dieck stands on a fort and owns the eastern enemies as Marcus goes onto the western fort and kills the fighter with the Hand Axe. Then he picks Roy up and starts carrying him to the throne. Merlinus grabs the Armorslayer and trades it to Thany.

Marcus drops Roy outside of Rude's range after he and Dieck finish killing most of the eastern force and receives the Armorslayer from Thany, using it to ORKO Rude. Dieck finishes the last archer and Roy seizes.

Unit Stats:

Name    Level  HP Pow Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Roy 	02/--  19 06  05  07  08  05  00
Marcus  --/01  32 09  14  11  10  09  08
Dieck   06/--  27 09  13  10  06  06  01

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E3AED72CC7612F70

Chapter 1:

Turns: 6 / 6

Roy gets a bit of EXP, Marcus clears the whole map. I didn't have anyone else drafted here, and I could have gone faster if I had Alan or Lance cleaning up. Marcus rescuing Roy would gimp his AS so he wouldn't double any of the bandits, so that isn't a very viable option.

Unit       Lv.Ex  HP  Str Skl Spd Luk Def Res Swd Lan Axe Bow Anm Lgt Drk Stf
Roy        01.91  18  05  05  07  07  05  00   D   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
Marcus     01.55  32  09  14  11  10  09  08   D   A   E   -   -   -   -   -

Chapter 2:

Turns: 9 / 15

Got held up a bit at the initial chokepoint, but Marcus and Roy have a relatively smooth time this chapter. Bought Javelins for Marcus because 1-2 range is godly.

Roy        02.66  19  05  06  07  08  05  00   D   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
Marcus     02.42  32  10  14  11  10  09  08   D   A   E   -   -   -   -   -

Chapter 3:

Turns: 11 / 26

Marcus kept missing with Javelins, which was aggravating as I could have managed a faster clear provided he could land more hits. I forgot about the Mend village, but it doesn't matter much anyway.

Roy        02.79  19  05  06  07  08  05  00   D   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
Marcus     03.64  33  11  14  11  10  09  08   D   S   E   -   -   -   -   -

Chapter 4:

Turns: 9 / 35

Marcus got luckier with Javelins this time round, and he could clear out the enemies quite easily. Roy continues the trend of sucky level-ups, and Clarine joins.

Roy        03.59  20  05  06  07  08  05  01   D   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
Marcus     04.48  33  11  14  11  10  09  09   D   S   D   -   -   -   -   -
Clarine    01.33  15  02  05  09  08  02  05   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   D

Edited by Aquilae

More progress:

Chapter 3 (11/23)

Lugh better make up for those turns later on.

Marcus runs toward Lugh's village while Roy and Dieck take on the nearby soldiers. Merlinus ends up soaking a hit here so Roy won't die. My group isn't able to charge into the castle until turn 6, and I lost an additional turn when the Hand Axe fighter decides to block the doorway to Slater. Lugh gets a few kills in and Marcus ends up using the Armorslayer on Slater so Roy can seize.

Chapter 4 (6/29)

I hope I don't need that Killing Edge…

Marcus just charged west with Roy and Lugh following while Dieck took the northern bridge on his way to the Steel Blade and Merlinus went toward the Angelic Robe. Marcus took the brunt of the cavalier punishment and Roy and Lugh went toward the castle as fast as their 5 move will allow. Clarine recruited herself, Marcus killed Eric and Roy seized before Rutger came out.

Chapter 5 (5/34)

Marcus didn't get the boss kill for a change(he did weaken it, though).

Marcus opens the gate on the first turn and everyone else follows except for Merlinus, who stays back to distract the north-eastern fighters and Lugh uses the Angelic Robe. Dieck and Marcus block the chokepoint and kill as many enemies as they can one-round, with Roy and Lugh helping on the player phase. Marcus is finally able to break through to Dory on turn 4, and Lugh finishes him off next turn for Roy to seize.

Unit Stats:

Name    Level  HP Pow Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Roy 	04/--  20 07  07  08  09  07  00
Marcus  --/03  33 09  14  12  10  09  08
Dieck   09/--  30 10  15  11  08  06  02
Lugh    04/--  26 04  06  09  07  04  05

finally got started today...

Chapter 1: 4/4

Wolt dodges the axe men in the start of the chapter, get's some exp from them, not really useful this chapter though, Lance charges forward dodging the axe dudes ( and he missed once with a 80 somewhat chance!!!) Marcus rescued roy and went straight for the boss, dropping Roy of turn three, killing the boss on turn four and Roy seized on turn four

Alan and Bors sat in a corner drinking coffee, Alan was coming up with Diet plans for Bors ( in other words they did nothing this chapter)

skipped the villages in this chapter

only Lance leveled up, he got spd, res and hp

Wolt's about half way to a level up

Marcus takes forever to level up due to being a jeigan man and being promoted, but he got some exp from the boss

Roy didn't do anything

Bors lost weight thanks to Alan

and that's it, seems like everyones being more accurate then me, posting pictures and exact stats level ups and current exp, so I'll make sure to be more accurate on future posts, I'll probably edit this post to be more accurate with everyones current level exp and stats later.

Ch3: Late Arrival (8/21)

Yay Chad. Basically, everyone split up. Chad grabbed a Vulnerary and went up north to kill the Soldiers there for some EXP (I figured he wouldn't have enough time to get to the chests, I was right). Lot gave Marcus his Handaxe and Iron Axe. Merlinus tossed Bors a Javelin. Merlinus and Bors went east, Marcus rescued Roy and charged into the castle at maximum speed, with Alan following behind to mop up/clear ahead. On turn 6, Marcus dropped Roy, equipped his Silver Lance, and positioned himself in front of Slater. He missed completely, but Roy got a kill off a nearby Soldier. Merlinus got to the Mend village but was then killed, but Bors finished off the Archer that killed him. Chad came pretty close to death, but the Soldiers luckily only had about 50 hit average (the iron lance one slightly more, the javelin one slightly less) so his Vulnerary was sufficient. Alan had a field day and got a bunch of EXP. Marcus finally hit both times on the next player phase and finished Slater on the next enemy phase. Roy seized on turn 8 as Chad killed the northwest archer.

Roy    03.77 19 06 06 09 08 05 01
Marcus 02.27 32 09 15 11 10 09 08
Alan   06.16 25 11 06 09 06 07 00
Bors   04.71 22 08 04 06 07 13 01
Chad   02.98 17 03 04 11 05 02 00

Ch4: Collapse of the Alliance (6/27)

Pretty similar to what Radiant Dragon did. Marcus, Alan and Roy charged westward at maximum speed. Bors hobbled along behind them, just mopping up what little was left. Chad and Merlinus inched around on the far south side towards the Angelic Robe village. Roy's Rapier uses took a big hit here, hopefully that won't be a problem later. Marcus charged forward and slammed Eric with his Handaxe and then his Silver Lance, killing him. Roy seized as soon as he was able. Alan reached the Steel Blade village just beforehand. Clarine sat there in the middle of a battlefield doing nothing for a turn.

Roy    05.83 21 08 06 10 08 05 02
Marcus 03.04 32 09 16 11 10 10 08
Alan   06.75 25 11 06 09 06 07 00
Bors   05.12 23 08 04 06 07 13 01
Chad   02.98 17 03 04 11 05 02 00