Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City

Ein

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have worded that better. From what I've read you're supposed to fight the other FOEs and the Tentacle should run into you at some point. Unless there's another way to corner them somehow.

Noooo, i murdered those FOE in like 3 turns. but o well, once it goes into offensive mode, nothing matters anymore, just wack it until it drops. finally kill the thing after a long grind on sea quests. just noticed it is weak against fire, that fire forged dragon bane did like 4000-5000 damage every hit when using warrior might. took it down 3third turns after it entered offensive mode

i found a game called seventh dragon, looks a bit like etrian in terms of battle system but it does not have grid system. it also have a very similar class system, from what i can tell, there is fighter, mage, samurai, knights, healers, even prince/princess. the entrance to dungeon look like geomagnetic poles...

this video should explain more:

but the character designs are look like a cross between final fantasy and etrian, and there is slightly more battle animation that include chibi-versions of the character

Edited by themastersays

I get the feeling I'm doing something horrifically wrong.

I'm wandering around BF 22/23, and I'm going through it by beating up everything (FOEs included). Is there a way to dodge stuff, so I don't have to genocide the floors?

I get the feeling I'm doing something horrifically wrong.

I'm wandering around BF 22/23, and I'm going through it by beating up everything (FOEs included). Is there a way to dodge stuff, so I don't have to genocide the floors?

22nd floor... You have to lure the red FOEs away from where they are because they chase you once you are in their line of sight. Once you make them move closer to one side make your way around them.

For the 23rd floor try to stay away from the orange FOEs since they will chase you and avoid walking into the line of sight of the wall eyes because that will make each orange FOE chase after you. You don't even have to explore the 23rd floor but there's stuff to take and map to fill in.

Also I hope you've been finding the shortcuts which goes without saying.

Good luck on the 24th floor~

FINALLY took out the Drake! My turn count went into the triple digits, but a little bit of foresight in the form of me setting Aegis Barrier as a limit is what helped me to limp to victory.

My healer had his hands full the entire fight. My mechanized bazooka did most of the work with Front Mortar, and the robot Princess next to her was set to Ad Nihilo for most of the fight. The Ice Prophecy TP Batter Dodge Thingy didn't die (surprisingly), while my Zodiac's main purpose was Etheric Typhoon Bolt (with some healing thrown in). Stupid Ice Crush sealed my Ice Prophet's head, so Aegis Barrier blocked Frigid while my healer went to rectify that. I hate Shower with a passion.

Can't decide which dragon to down next. Also, I really hate having to drag my confused Hoplite out, but it's necessary for the Revelationers and Stoner Sheep.

Can't wait to see what the various people say when I get to the last two floors.

[spoiler=Some comments]If you didn't kill Kujara, he follows you around. The hell?

I don't recall Kujura following me around... Do you know where he did?

OKAY! Now that I'm not being a complete idiot I can help with the three dragons.

Dragon

Equip 2 Stab Amulets on everyone except your tank who equips 1 or 2 Slice Amulet and use Otori/Provoke on them. Bring some Therica A or whichever removes status afflictions to avoid having to deal with Paralyzes. Whatever you do, DO NOT have more than 8 buffs set up or the Dragon will use a skill that hits the party, debuffs them, and also has a chance to instantly kill. The Dragon's Blow skill is also dangerous because it inflicts paralyzes.

Wyrm

2 Slice Amulets on everyone but your tank who equips 1 or 2 Crush Amulets. Use Provoke or Otori on them. Make sure you have someone with Prevent Order to avoid Howling's confusion affect. Howling is the main threat here so have Prevent Order set up.

Drake

Equip 2 Crush Amulets on everyone except your tank who equips 1 or 2 Stab Amulets. Use Provoke or Otori on them. Bring some Therica B or whichever removes binds since head binds are deadly. Ice Crush is the main threat since head binds are always bad. Bring someone with Ad Nihilo or Metopons to deal with Regen and Ice Block.

Basically the Amulets reduce damage to manageable amounts and your tank will... tank the damage from the dragons random targeting attacks like Shower (stab), Beat(crush), and Fangs(slice) since they are being targeting due to Provoke/Otori or anything similar to it. You can also use the physical Mists to deal with the damage but they take up a buff slot, I think, and also affect your party. You probably won't even need Aegis Defense, Aegis Barrier, or Uroboros Guard with the respective Amulets.

Edited by Manly Shogun

Once you hit BF23, Flowdia will comment about that. . .and that a certain dude in red was the one who reported that. If he likes following me around that much, he can join my guild. I could use another Shogun.

Looks like I'll be abusing Regroup Tactic on the last two. Robot Princess and Mechanized Bazooka will also be coming along, since they both resist ailments (I think I'll designate my Bazooka to be the tank). Now, to raise the money for the Amulets. . .Farmer rush, here I come!

I'm almost to the end of BF 22/23. I had to wimp out, because an Omnivore did bad, bad things to my party (and I somehow got its conditional drop).

Huh... I don't remember that happening... What ending did you get? For some reason I think he actually shows up and speaks with you but I don't think he ever shows up again.

Well depending on your party be careful using Regroup Tactic against the Dragon. The Wyrm has tendency to use Howling on the first turn instead of Searing... I guess it just doesn't want to play sometimes. >_>

I assume you will be gathering in the 6th stratum? You can get a bunch of En each trip if all five Farmers have LV 10 Keen Nose. I'd go for the 23rd floor to gather since you can get a bunch of Maidens Wheat for Amrita 3s. If you have the shortcut from the 22nd floor you can just drop from a pit a head over to a gathering spot. Also I think you have to kill the Dreamsmasher with Curse damage so I'm kinda curious as to how you got it's conditional drop.

Edited by Manly Shogun

This is a True Ending run, but it also happens in the Armoroad ending (I did a bit of exploring before apologizing to Olympia and resetting). I'm positive this won't happen in the Deep City ending, seeing as Kujara is dead/wishing that he was dead.

If I do things right, the only "buff" will be Regroup Tactic, but I'm not sure if that counts as 5 or 10 (if it's 10, I'm screwed). My strategy revolves around Dark Ether for healing, Front Mortar, and Ad Nihilo, with Etheric elements from my Zodiac.

I alternate between the fourth, fifth, and sixth stratums for my Farmer runs (because I like Crabapples, Aloe nets me a Book, and Stardust Twig is a cool name). I think I found more Maiden's Wheat than Hogweed Oil the last time I went down there!

Ah, I see.

Regroup Tactic is considered to be 5 but my party set up for example uses Fore Honor, Berserker Vow, and Otori so I'd rather not risk it.

Err... How exactly are you dealing with Voltage/Searing/Frigid? Do you have all three Prophecy spells?

I have two Dark Ether Dodgy batteries - one with Ice Prophecy, the other with Fire and Volt Prophecy. All I need are a few points for Otori, and I'm set.

I'm half-tempted to bring my Wilding/Princess instead of the Robot Princess, so I can grab a Lion, then Otori it, THEN proceed to have fun with Beast Roar/Primal Drums.

Not a bad idea with the Wildling/Princess.

My current party set up is a Shogun/Buccaneer, Gladiator/Shogun, Hoplite/Ninja, Monk/Princess, and Ninja/Zodiac. I just Warrior Might spam for great justice. I'm leveling up my Shogun/Ninja and have her kill stuff with Tagen Battou.

Looks like I'm going in with. . .

Monk/Prince: Self-explanatory

Yggdroid/Arbalist: Bazooka

Ninja/Zodiac: Prophecy Dodge TP Battery who explodes upon dying

Wilding/Princess: Call Lion, debuff, occasionally hand out items

Zodiac/Monk: Etheric pain and revival as necessary

Next target: Whoever's in the third stratum

So the devilish crimson dragon is next on your to do list huh? Well just go in prepared and hope it doesn't use Howling in the first turn or twice in a row... The Wyrm is a jack like that.

Wyrm has been defeated! That was. . .easy. Much easier than Drake!

It spent most of its time using Strike to dispel Beast Roar. This meant everyone else had loads of time to blast its HP to smithereens. Etheric Absolute Zero did about 950 damage per hit. Overall. . .not bad!

(I think I got lucky)

One more dragon to go!

Stupid Dragon. . .

Apparently, if you cast a buff to dispel a debuff, it counts as a buff. How weird.

Excuse me while I stock up on Unihorns and kick its yellow butt to the hereafter.

speaking of bazookas, double action+HP cannon is scary. it is like hexer with revenge but way better because droids have much more hp then hexer and they are emo, so getting down to 1 hp and spam that under the protection of a hoplite is very easy.

so i was messing around on 7th dragon, and the princess class is not very princess like, she is more like the darkhunter from EO2. @_@, i guess they need a sadist in this game.

The blue fox Princess is my favorite~

Also their weapons are rather... yeah. XXX Spanker for example. I recall something named like that at least. >_>

Oh wow... I just saw a video of a Manly Zodiac dealing a huge amount of damage to the Abyssal God with one attack that wasn't a Charged Meteor.

Also found this (SPOILERS for EO1's 6th stratum boss):

I didn't even know that was possible!

Edited by Manly Shogun

Dragon hunting on hold, got Lucky Hammer, and am doing some incredibly stupid things with it!

(namely, Hammering the FOEs on BF8 for Speed Books, to make my Hoplite/Ninja more ninjalike)

From what I can see, I'll need a different strategy to beat up the Dragon (as opposed to the Wyrm). Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of Charge Chasing, with my ninjalike Hoplite spamming Line Guard and Antivolt. My Bishie of Death is almost strong enough (he needs 10 more levels), and my armored ninja needs. . .a lot, so I can max Antivolt. I've got my work cut out for me!

Front:

Chaser (currently Shogun/Ninja, thinking of redoing it to Gladiator/Shogun. . .but I like the TP regen. . .)

Armor Ninja (Hoplite/Ninja who has been getting Speed Books like no tomorrow)

Limit Spammer (Shogun/Buccaneer doing what she does best, with a side of Eagle Eye)

Back:

Generic Healer (Monk/Prince, mostly for Party Heals and the like)

Hellfire (Zodiac/Monk for a second reviver)

I think I'm gonna get my butt kicked again.