Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City

Ein

In the EO series you don't necessarily have to be broken. You just have to survive and kill the bosses as fast as possible. EO1 had Immunize, EO2 had broken skills, and EO3 requires a party that works together well and proper preparations so I guess it's like any other RPG...

Also I've heard about that Touhou EO game. It's insane!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which boss, and was it the team you posted before?

The 4th stratum boss, not so sure about the name. I was dong good...but things just suddenly got worse and I just couldn't keep up in terms of healing. And yes, it was with the same team I posted.

Also link to the Touhou EO game? : o

Edited by Mary Sue

Oh you faced Shin? Yeah her status ailments are annoying. I can't remember what to do against her other than kill her as fast as possible.

I checked the wiki but I wouldn't know where to download it. I guess a search for "Labyrinth of Touhou" can help.

The 4th stratum boss, not so sure about the name. I was dong good...but things just suddenly got worse and I just couldn't keep up in terms of healing. And yes, it was with the same team I posted.

Do you have Regroup Tactic? If not. . .

1. Get ye to the Port.

2. Keep sailing and discovering stuff until you find the Dark Forest.

3. IMO, the second mission from the Dark Forest is easiest, because it's a couple of healers. Stay away from the third one, unless you feel like crying. Regardless, pick a mission, and bring at least one unit that knows Prevent Order along. You'll thank me later.

4. Beat the living daylights out of everything.

5. Enjoy Regroup Tactic, which makes the Shin fight that much easier.

Arm someone with a LIM weapon (something that boosts limit, the more the better. . .or better yet, go get yourself a limit-happy Buccaneer with Hanging), and have him/her be one of the ones with that tactic. After that. . .have fun!

About sailing....

I still haven't gotten that giant bird out of the lighthouse

I know I need to go get some cedar wood or something fo the shepperd so he can give me better food options buuuut...

I have no idea where to get the wood. Help? :v

The wood you need is on the mountain next to the Armoroad port.

I think that you either get peas or cheese that let you move 6 times allowing you to be able to see the lighthouse.

First, more Lucky Hammer testing. . .

I'm beginning to think the "kill-on-the-same-turn-as-Lucky-Hammer" is unique to the Mortal Hunter only, as I can't replicate this on Ketos and Gate Guardian (though it felt good to finally get the conditional drop from the Gate Guardian's body).

Second. . .the Dragon has been defeated! I grabbed Caladbolg, forged three HIT and one Fire to make Chasing hurt, then kept up Regroup Tactic while my LimitCriticalShogun hammered away at it, my Hoplite kept everyone alive, and my Zodiac did what she could with Fire Star. Etheric Hellfire took it out, because dealing 3300+ damage at the end of turn is awesome (especially since the other half of that Hellfire was my pimp healer Monk).

Third. . .BF24 has been reached. Many a Revelationer will die. I want more Caladbolg forging stuffs!

The wood you need is on the mountain next to the Armoroad port.

I think that you either get peas or cheese that let you move 6 times allowing you to be able to see the lighthouse.

gfdhjghdnjkgfd

Words can not describe how grateful I am for your help right there!

Now I have a food items (saurkraut, I think) that gives me 20 moves...now I'm just exploring around toe ocean and finding new cities.

Thanks a ton. I mean it . :newyears:

gfdhjghdnjkgfd

Words can not describe how grateful I am for your help right there!

Now I have a food items (saurkraut, I think) that gives me 20 moves...now I'm just exploring around toe ocean and finding new cities.

Thanks a ton. I mean it . :newyears:

Have fun exploring the ocean! The ocean quests give some very nice limits (Hellfire, Absolute Zero, Regroup Tactic, and one you'll see much, much later) and some cool equipment (my Zodiac was holding a weapon from one of the early missions all the way through the fifth stratum).

As I thought. Lucky Hammer has to be the finishing blow for it to work but good luck killing a dragon with that. :awesome:

Ah yes sea exploration... Well since you've reached the 4th stratum you have more than enough money to explore whenever you want.

Also, the 24th floor... Heh...

I'm not too irritated with the 24th floor yet. The hardest part was taking out the Revelationers (because Seven Plagues hit three of my members with insta-blick).

Woot! I finally defeated the Alraune! Just had to have everyone equip a Frost and Volt Amulet since I didn't feel like guessing when she would use her Frost Smile and volt attack. Although I screwed up and used my Formaldehyde at the wrong time/my Shuccaneer didn't use Swashbuckling enough for Warrior Might to hit enough times for Kaishaku to activate.

I have too many amulets now though.

Accessories that lower damage from certain attack types or increase your resistance to certain status ailments.

They basically replace your armor when going up against the post-game bosses because you need to reduce the amount of damage some of their attacks deal.

You get charms and amulets throughout the game by making them obviously. Charms I believe reduce/increase damage/resistance by 30%, since they have 3 slots filled, and the amulets reduce/increase damage/resistance by 50%, since they have 5 slots filled.

For example, my Shogun/Buccaneer equips two weapons and two amulets when going up against the dragons to reduce damage from their attacks to a manageable amount. He usually takes single or double digits of damage and Shoguns are made of glass. That's how useful the amulets are against post-game bosses.

Woot! I finally defeated the Alraune! Just had to have everyone equip a Frost and Volt Amulet since I didn't feel like guessing when she would use her Frost Smile and volt attack. Although I screwed up and used my Formaldehyde at the wrong time/my Shuccaneer didn't use Swashbuckling enough for Warrior Might to hit enough times for Kaishaku to activate.

I have too many amulets now though.

I have to worry about this too?! I've got a lot of my inn storage taken up by Crush/Slice amulets and unique stuff. . .

Unfortunately yes. I'm thinking of selling all the unique items I have to make room for all the amulets I've bought.

Side note: I have a pretty good idea as to how to defeat the Anemone and Kraken. As long as you dispel any binds you get the Anemone is kind of easy. The Kraken on the other hand seems to be the most annoying of the three bar quest super bosses. Welp, mind as well get to monster slaying.

As for the Elder Dragon and Abyssal God... I'll have to get my Shogun/Ninja ready for her big fights.

I thought it heals itself if you did since it's bind resistance is 0.

Oh yeah I should make some Formaldehyde for the Kraken battle so that I get its items unlike the Alraune's...

Edited by Manly Shogun

I thought it heals itself if you did since it's bind resistance is 0.

Oh yeah I should make some Formaldehyde for the Kraken battle so that I get its items unlike the Alraune's...

I know it's been mentioned before elsewhere. However, my squishy team isn't up to it yet, so we'll see when the time comes. . .

Basically you need 2 Crush Amulets on everyone except the tank who equips a Stab Amulet for the Kraken's randomly targeting attack. After that you just have to worry about Tidal Wave.

For the Anemone you need Crush Amulets and you have to dispel binds as soon as possible.

At least that's what I've read. >_>