The Assassin's Guild Signups

Tables

It's I Eat Tables next mafia game!

Inspired by the plot heavy Choral Mafia games and just to flex my own creative muscles, I've decided to go for an epic, plot driven mafia game. This is a game for 23 players, no PMs, open to newcomers and veterans alike, and I expect it will run roughly throughout most of November.

The rules might need a little checking, if you see anything missing or have additional questions, please do notify me either here or via PM sooner or later.

[spoiler=Rules: PLEASE READ]1. Make no further assumptions about the rules than what is stated in here. Don’t assume everything will be like a normal mafia game, as there will be a number of differences from what you might expect.

2. For all intents and purposes, the mafia will be referred to as the assassins during this game.

3. Normal mafia rules apply: Vote on someone to kill at day, send in actions at night, win by eliminating all opponents even if you die first.

4. No editing your posts except within 1 minute of posting (formatting etc.). Don’t take and paste screenshots or do other similar things. Don’t post when you are dead except one informationless post. If you try and bend the rules, I will punish you as though you broke them.

5. Vote in the format: ##Vote: {user}. You may vote nobody. Votes not in this format may or may not be counted – I will be counting votes by searching for ##, so at the very least, if you miss that out it’s unlikely your vote will get counted.

6. You must not quote your role PM or anything that looks like a role PM, even if fake. Role PMs in this game are pretty epic and contain a lot of story inside them. You may, however, paraphrase what your role does and your role name.

7. Punishment for breaking minor rules seemingly accidentally (e.g. editing) will be a public warning. Any other rulebreaking will be punished by a modkill, possibly multiple modkills on your team if the rulebreaking is severe enough. TL;DR: READ THE RULES BEFORE PLAYING

8. This game will be plot heavy. Many hints may be found within the flavour including a lot of what is unique about the game: Hints will be highlighted in red so you can find them easily, but I won’t be telling you exactly what they mean in the case of ambiguity!

9. This game needs 23 signups MINIMUM. More would be preferred as replacements. If signing up, I recommend that you need to be able to access the internet most days during November.

10. This is a NO PM game. Exceptions being the Assassins (mafia) and potentially any other roles whose role PM states they may communicate with a certain player(s).

11. The game will take place over four phases: day, evening, night and morning. Evening and morning are not ‘real’ phases, but not a whole lot will occur during them to give me time to write flavour and process events (check rule 8 for a reason this is needed)

12. Day phase will last exactly 72 hours unless a majority is reached before that. I will attempt to give warning about time left each time I post but make no guarantee. As soon as 72 hours have passed since I announce it is day phase, the game enters evening, even if I do not announce that myself. As soon as I notice 72 hours have passed however, I will announce it is evening and if needed, note the last post/vote made during the day.

13. In the evening, everyone may talk except the player(s) who was lynched if any. For the purpose of flavour, the player has effectively been killed and you are waiting for the coroner to report back with information. Evening will last an unspecified amount of time. If you do not need to know the deceased’s role, feel free to send night orders.

14. After evening the game goes into night phase. This will last 48 hours or until all night orders are in and the assassins are happy for the night to end. During the night players may talk in the thread as normal. As soon as 48 hours are up, night ends and it goes to morning, regardless of if all orders are in.

15. Morning is to night what evening is to day. In other words, you may now discuss and vote as though it were day. I will make a post with the death scene(s), THEN send out night action results and finally announce it is day phase.

16. This game consists of only two factions: The town and the assassins. There are NO third parties.

17. There are a few surprises in this game. You will have to wait until the game starts to find out what they are, though. Yes, this is just rule 1 again under a different guise.

18. Some players may have additional information asides from their role PM: When you die your entire role PM will be revealed, but never any additional information. For clarity, your role PM is the bit inside the quotes and additional information is outside it.

19. There are some generics in this game. Just because you are a generic, it does not make you less important to the game than anybody else. You still have access to the most important elements of the game: Talking, scumhunting and voting.

20. Role PMs are different from what you will normally expect. Some are written from first person, some third person, and none explicitly state what your role is. However, the hints provided should make it fairly clear what you can do but you may have to find out one or two details for yourself (e.g. Your role might say you can investigate someone each night – so you know you’re a cop, but you don’t know if you’re going to get an assassin/town result or a role PM or even something else back from it). No role does anything unexpected from the flavour, this is not a mind screw style game.

21. Following on from the above, ALL actions can be used on anyone. Even me or people not in the game. This may (actually, it’s very likely to but not certain to) have no effect.

22. Certain events in the game will cause special events. These are predetermined and will have small effects on the game. Mostly, they’re for plot reasons. The triggers for these are things such as specific nightkills (target and killer) or lynches (voter/lynched etc.)

23. If there are any rules I have missed but should be obvious anyway then I reserve the right to punish you for breaking them and adding them into the rules to retroactively justify it.

24. If you have any questions about the rules that aren’t answered in the rules list then feel free to ask.

Places will be allotted on a first come, first served basis. Once again, the game will be probably running through November so will start in about 5 weeks depending on Choral Mafia and Mind Screw Mafia's finishing (and Gensyoko Mafia which will probably never happen).

Signups:

1: JB25

2: Raymond

3: Balcerzak

4: Spykor

5: Lightning

6: Snike

7: SlayerX

8: Spike

9: BK-201

10: Hemlock

11: Ether

12: Acey555

13: Weapons

14: Dracohon

15: Furetchen

16: Levity

17: Groner

18: Anouleth

19: Psych

20: MLS

21: Mikethfc

22: Silent Shaman

23: Jean-Marc

Replacements (feel free to ask to be added to this instead of the main queue):

1: Radiant Dragon

3:

4:

5:

Edited by I Eat Tables

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only went badly because people gave up and didn't expect things.

I'm still shocked they'd expect me to put in an amnesiac, but not a vigil.

It went badly because it was unbalanced.

You're you. It really shouldn't be shocking to you that we have different expectations of you.

Edited by Lightning