That One Guy Who Sprites

Nanami Touko

http://puu.sh/i6ex

Here we go, buddy. I actually moved the far arm in one pixel. The red is kinda rushed, but hopefully it helps. The hair should be flowing from one point rather than looking like she got a comb and just combed and hair sprayed it while wet on her head. But I can say with confidence that you are improving. I mean...comparing the busty blonde's first attempt to this cat lady? lol. Much better.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1aad334a21eb5673b8d4b5ecd2cb88ed.png

This part of the hair seems like it's plastered to her forehead. I think it might stem from the straight line in her bangs. If you curve it a little more it should rest like normal hair. The clothing is smooth though, I like it.

Only two more mugs and I can finally get started on my sekrit project.

Do eet.

iJIV.png

curves are hard

and I muted the hair color in the slightest bit.

Do eet.

and then three custom animations and ohohoho I am overstepping all of my ability~

iM4i.png

More 2nd shade, feels less outliney than with the massive 3rd shade abuse.

Edited by seph1212

• 2 months later...

Oh i like that. His hair looks good! (i see hes not quite done yet)

Even on zooming in, i cant see any real errors. Nice, mang! I cant wait to see the finished product!

Nayr?

8B

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You've improved on hair...though I can't truly judge since it is mostly all at one angle. But it is an improvement from what I can tell. I'd like to see that applied to a not profile mug. lol

I hope not? :B

But dude you're the one that suggested I do a mug outside of the 3/4 hug box that I'd been sitting in so I did one profile so asdf

; n ;

Lol. I like the new mug angle. I'm just surprised at the hair quality compared between the cat girl and this dude. The hair shading style has improved from what I can tell. That only makes me more excited to see another one of your typical mugs with the new hair shading style you got going on...if that makes sense. lol

I'm not sure if you've finished the neck or not, but I feel it's too flat. He should have something in his neck, kind of like... muscle? Even if he's not muscular, some more definition in the neck would be nice.

One emotion? Do you mean you, or your old sprites?

Gentlemen... Ve are Nazis... Und ve... Vill have var...

I guess you've never played Dragon Age Origins. That was one of Alistair's lines during a banter with Morrigan.

Lol. I like the new mug angle. I'm just surprised at the hair quality compared between the cat girl and this dude. The hair shading style has improved from what I can tell. That only makes me more excited to see another one of your typical mugs with the new hair shading style you got going on...if that makes sense. lol

Which is weird, because this is one of the first times NO ONE helped me shade the hair. Whoops?

And yeah I see what you mean. Who knows, maybe I just got lucky because I'm an expert at blond of something :B

I'm not sure if you've finished the neck or not, but I feel it's too flat. He should have something in his neck, kind of like... muscle? Even if he's not muscular, some more definition in the neck would be nice.

Lolnope. He's a blob. This fat man will be having no muscle or much definition at all.

I guess you've never played Dragon Age Origins. That was one of Alistair's lines during a banter with Morrigan.

No I have not, but I was just making reference to you getting an asston of crap for have very similar faces in all your sprites at one point and people focused on that even though they were good works. I apologize if I struck a chord there.

Lolnope. He's a blob. This fat man will be having no muscle or much definition at all.

You're right, he doesn't need any more definition, but maybe he could use a smaller highlight on his neck?

Or maybe his hair locks in the back should be longer, cause if he showed that much neck in the back he'd have like a long buzz cut when you have him locks.

You're right, he doesn't need any more definition, but maybe he could use a smaller highlight on his neck?

Or maybe his hair locks in the back should be longer, cause if he showed that much neck in the back he'd have like a long buzz cut when you have him locks.

Sure thing bruh, I'll see what I can accomplish.

Though, why can't he have locks on the top of his head, and a buzzcut in the back? :B

Edited by seph1212

Not much of a makeover :p.

Personally, I like the old colour and no undershirt more.

I do like the small changes to hair and headband though!