That One Guy Who Sprites

Nanami Touko

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The direction she's facing would still show some arm in a normal standing position.

In the position she's in right now, showing no arm, it's like she's pulling her right shoulder back and holding her arm behind her body or something. :/

You also shouldn't be using that heavy outline color around her trim and shirt. It's way too dark compared to her light clothing, and thus looks pretty jarring. Try using the darkest skin shade instead? Look at Natasha's sprite for an example.

round18done.gif

Thanks for the advice, Astelaine.

It does look better with the darkest skin tone instead. If you can't see what I changed, it was on the... Well, bikini-armor-thing and the part of the shirt that touched the skin.

round18done.gif

Alright, since the splicing comp is kinda over and such, I decided to revamp this a little bit, in hopes that it would look better. So, folks, tear it apart, and tell me everything you all think is wrong, 'cause I want this to look good.

This is me reference, for anyone wondering:

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/tales-of-vesperia-wallpaper-judith-big.jpg

Edited by seph1212

I'm impressed by your sprites, Seph. You should consider placing a showcase for them all on your first post. One thing though.

randomsplicesgo.gif

It seems like this one's head (The right one) is somewhat disconnected on the right side. That could just be me though.

Edited by Strider Zero

I'm impressed by your sprites, Seph. You should consider placing a showcase for them all on your first post. One thing though.

randomsplicesgo.gif

It seems like this one's head (The right one) is somewhat disconnected on the right side. That could just be me though.

Those two were just random ones. I doubt I'll ever go back to fix them. Not too proud of them, myself.

97854edba71aa535410a6c4b97ba0726.png

This is more how the body should be positioned I think, so far you have bits that dont match up when it looks like a symmetrical design so that shouldn't be happening.

In general, the bangs lack shading and seem very empty, try to extend a few of the strand markers, just a few though if you do too many it could turn noodley the back of the hair has a slice of pure 2nd hair tone, I dont really understand why you've got it there, maybe try something like the back of Lucius' hair spliced in or something.

It's for the splice contest vamp :P

Can't add in other sprites

Doesn't mean I can't fix it up for personal use. I've entered this one into the contest, and now I can make it look better. Just can't enter it into the contest.

:P

Also, thanks, Vamp, I'll get right on it.

Edited by seph1212